Old December 9th 18, 02:14 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul[_28_]

Default is new memory incompatible? Why?

Ron Eggler wrote:

Thanks a lot guys! I got them running now, the situation:

The mother board has 4 slots, two are colored blue & the other two black (I'll want to find out why that is), call them 0 - 3 (0 being the one closest to the CPU)
0 black was occupied initially with a SAMSUNG bank
1 blue was empty
2 black was occupied initially with a SAMSUNG bank
3 blue was empty
My initial test was to insert the new banks int the empty blue slots which did nto work as expected.
As suggested, I removed them and replaced them with the new banks (SAMSUNG removed, Crucial inserted at their space) booted up fine.

I re-inserted SAMSUNG but now into slot 0 & 1 which worked fine.
I added a Crucial into slot 2 which worked fine too, I added the second Crucial in slot 3, booted up and was happy! I got a;ll my memory in that board now it works!
banks 0&1 SAMSUNG
banks 2&3 Crucial

love it!

Science :-)

Now, who said the random behavior of BIOS designs,
wouldn't come in handy one day.

One for the books.

Paul