Old December 8th 18, 10:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
wasbit[_4_]

Default is new memory incompatible? Why?

wrote in message
Hi,

I've acquired 2x4GB new memory from Crucial as I found it to be compatible
with my PC(ASUS CM6850) on crucial.com.

It suggested `DDR3L-1600 UDIMM` and that is what I got (results slightly
changed but still align:
https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compa...#MEMORYFilters)

Now, I popped them into the two empty banks in my PC, turned it on, the
fans spun up but both screens stayed black, I removed one bank, repeated
the power up procedure but got the same result. I then removed both new
banks and now it powered up again properly as it's supposed to.

Does this mean the memory I got is for some reason incompatible with my
system?
Why?

What does "results slightly changed but still align" mean?
If you opted for different memory than that which Crucial said was
compatible, then there's your answer.

I always use the Crucial System Scanner
-
https://uk.crucial.com/gbr/en/system...pgrade-scanner