Old December 8th 18, 02:01 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default is new memory incompatible? Why?

Hi,

I've acquired 2x4GB new memory from Crucial as I found it to be compatible with my PC(ASUS CM6850) on crucial.com.

It suggested `DDR3L-1600 UDIMM` and that is what I got (results slightly changed but still align: https://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compa...#MEMORYFilters)

Now, I popped them into the two empty banks in my PC, turned it on, the fans spun up but both screens stayed black, I removed one bank, repeated the power up procedure but got the same result. I then removed both new banks and now it powered up again properly as it's supposed to.

Does this mean the memory I got is for some reason incompatible with my system?
Why?