Showing results 1 to 25 of 104
Search took 2.81 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Bob Levine[_5_]
Forum: Dell Computers June 13th 09, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
BSOD OT?

Mikie wrote:
DELL 2400 512 RAM WIN XP +SP's

I get the Blue Screen of Death every time I SAVE or SAVE AS,I noted
the words: BAD POOL HEADER

Also a series of numbers beginning with 0x00...
Forum: Dell Computers June 11th 09, 01:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Mac? OT?

RnR wrote:
On Tue, 09 Jun 2009 20:57:58 -0400, Bob Levine
wrote:

RnR wrote:

I would not mess with Apple
because in my opinion, if you have to use...
Forum: Dell Computers June 10th 09, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Mac? OT?

RnR wrote:

I would not mess with Apple
because in my opinion, if you have to use software to make windows
work, why bother when you can run windows as the native OS on a pc or
laptop like...
Forum: Dell Computers June 9th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Mac? OT?

Christopher Muto wrote:
"Bob Levine" wrote in message
Christopher Muto wrote:

as for how much more expensive...
Forum: Dell Computers June 9th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Mac? OT?

Christopher Muto wrote:

as for how much more expensive apple gear is than others...

SNIP

Pretty dramatic price decrease yesterday. The Macbook Pro line is pretty
competitive with HIGH END...
Forum: Dell Computers June 8th 09, 02:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 16
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Mac? OT?

Robert243 wrote:
I have been a Dell user since early 90's and currently have a desktop
(9200) and a laptop (Inspiron 8600). Both are working fine but the
laptop is 6 years old.

I am...
Forum: Dell Computers June 7th 09, 02:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Dell can Kiss my Rosy red ass

Justin wrote:

"Because of GM's commitment to continuous safety - offering protection
before, during, and after collisions - OnStar will be standard in the
full range of GM retail cars,...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 09, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Dell can Kiss my Rosy red ass

Ben Myers wrote:
Bob Levine wrote:
Justin wrote:

The one that Dell provides?

Yeah, the restore DVD that has all the bloatware preloaded. Thanks
but no thanks.

That...
Forum: Dell Computers June 6th 09, 10:19 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Dell can Kiss my Rosy red ass

Justin wrote:

The one that Dell provides?

Yeah, the restore DVD that has all the bloatware preloaded. Thanks but
no thanks.

That seals it for me. You obviously have NEVER used a Dell...
Forum: Dell Computers June 4th 09, 10:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
vista not so bad

Christopher Muto wrote:
"Jim Higgins" wrote in message
On Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:51:09 -0500, "pacca"...
Forum: Dell Computers May 30th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Installing Vista from Recovery OEM DVD

~~Alan~~ wrote:
I bought the Vista Recovery DVDs/CDs with my Inspiron 630 Laptop and I want
to reinstall the Vista OS. What is the Dell procedure? I have the actual
Vista OEM DVD as well...
Forum: Dell Computers May 15th 09, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 17
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Clean install of Windows XP with 2 hard drives

Tom Scales wrote:
Personally, I'd disconnect the second drive, do the reinstall and then
reconnect it. No risk that way.

You could also disable it in the BIOS.

Bob
Forum: Dell Computers April 13th 09, 12:20 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Is there a backup programs that actually works ???

Christopher Muto wrote:
nothing wrong with using external usb drives as part of a backup plan, but
it is not a complete solution.
they don't keep much in the way of history.
they are on site...
Forum: Dell Computers April 12th 09, 10:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Is there a backup programs that actually works ???

James wrote:
It requires no user interaction whatsoever. When the program tells it to
backup, it just backs up to my dvd burner.

That's it. But, only when it works as advertised.

Sorry,...
Forum: Dell Computers April 12th 09, 05:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Text appearance on the Dell 2408WFP monitor

History Fan wrote:

Based on my experiences so far, the 2408WFP displays photos and
videos quite well. And text on a majority of web pages looks fine.
However, when I encounter small...
Forum: Dell Computers April 12th 09, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Is there a backup programs that actually works ???

James wrote:
thanks Bob. Each of the programs that I have tried do indeed back up
"jobs" automatically.

As stated in my OP, the problem is that the programs do not work for me.

Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 09, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 32
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
Is there a backup programs that actually works ???

James wrote:

My requirements are to back up about 700MB weekly , and a document folder
of about 25 MB daily. My backups are to a dvd drive.

That's not my idea of a backup plan. A real...
Forum: Dell Computers March 24th 09, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 47
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
IE 6.0--upgrade time

William R. Walsh wrote:

Yet IE8 is still a beta

Not anymore. Released last week.

Bob
Forum: Dell Computers March 24th 09, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 47
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
IE 6.0--upgrade time

William R. Walsh wrote:

According to people who may know, IE6 has horribly broken support for
CSS and various web standards, if it supports them at all.

I've taken the stance with new clients...
Forum: Dell Computers March 24th 09, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 47
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
IE 6.0--upgrade time

BillW50 wrote:
In ,
MZB typed on Mon, 23 Mar 2009 20:35:23 -0400:
Question for you folks. I've been sticking with IE 6.0 as that has
worked very well. I...
Forum: Dell Computers March 24th 09, 12:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 47
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
IE 6.0--upgrade time

MZB wrote:
Question for you folks. I've been sticking with IE 6.0 as that has worked
very well. I also use Firefox as a backup (yes, I know many prefer Firefox).

I am debating whether to...
Forum: Dell Computers March 16th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
USB Ports on UltraSharp 2005 Aren't Working

Monica wrote:
They work when the monitor is connected to my Dim 8400 but aren't working
when connected to the XPS 420 running XP SP3. The light on the various USB
devices I've tried is on,...
Forum: Dell Computers March 12th 09, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
vista 64bit

RnR wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 10:33:37 -0500, "WSZsr"
wrote:

The XPS 410 can take 8 gigs.

Appreciate that. Outa curiousity, I'll have to see what 8 gigs ram
Forum: Dell Computers March 12th 09, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
vista 64bit

RnR wrote:

Bob, don't recall if I've asked this before or someone else but does
the 64bit handle the 32bit programs well and any 32bit programs that
don't behave well that you are aware...
Forum: Dell Computers March 12th 09, 03:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By Bob Levine[_5_]
vista 64bit

RnR wrote:
On Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:49:04 -0400, Bob Levine
wrote:

pacca wrote:
dell 420,have a extra hard drive ,dell sent me vista 64 bit disk,can I
dual...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 104