Showing results 1 to 25 of 210
Search took 0.33 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Man-wai Chang ToDie
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 08, 04:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Which Motherboard

norman wrote:
Looking to purchase good quality LGA 775/P35 MB that will take the Wolfdale
without a bios update

Asus or Gigabyte. If you don't special features, look for Intel broads.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 29th 08, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
CR2016 vs CR2032

It looks like the part number coding is CRddtt, where dd is the
diameter in mm, and tt is the thickness in 10ths of mm.

Thanks!

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity...

They're the same diameter but the CR2032 is twice as thick. The CR2016

Thanks....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with...

Are they the same? I have a small LED light that uses two CR2016. Could
I buy CR2032 instead?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 27th 08, 06:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Hybrid SLI ready Nvidia cards

Are they available now? 9600GT?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.4

RICHERD PEGG wrote:
7600 gt any good ????

not bad, but now you should get 8600GT.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
DirectX 10 card on DirectX 9?

8800GT core, but costs 50 bucks less or more (150). The 8800GT is the
undisputed king of performance to dollar. For around 200 you get
performance nearly as good as a 8800GTX!

9800GT...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 16th 08, 01:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Dial-up modems that's faster than 56k?

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
Do they exist? How much would they cost?

Thank you all for the time

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 08, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Dial-up modems that's faster than 56k?

Do they exist? How much would they cost?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.3
^...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 15th 08, 10:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Best replacement for Partition Magic?

I've heard consistently good things about Gparted (and the
GUI for it, Parted Magic). Have you ever used it to move
("slide") a partition that had been created by the Vista installer?

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 14th 08, 12:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
AGP 8x fast write

Man-wai Chang ToDie wrote:
No. In fact, ATI based cards run more stable with it turned off.

That's why I turned it off. The Grandmars X1300 would have problem with
it on.

The...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 13th 08, 06:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
AGP 8x fast write

No. In fact, ATI based cards run more stable with it turned off.

That's why I turned it off. The Grandmars X1300 would have problem with
it on.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 12th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
AGP 8x fast write

Does it matter if I turn it off?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Xubuntu 7.04) Linux 2.6.24.3
^ ^ ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 7th 08, 01:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Replies: 5
BF2 Mod Editor won't install on XP x64 Pro (compatibility modesolves it ;)

I found a little tip on some modding website.
Run the setup in compatibility mode and then it will install ;)

Run As Admin?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 4th 08, 03:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Safely remove PCI express graphics card?

rpgs rock dvds wrote:
I have an Asus P5K Premium mobo, and I am uncertain as to how to
correctly remove a PCI express graphics card seated on it. There's a
plastic blue tab at the end of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 27th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 25
Computer keeps crashing but it passed MEMTEST86 ?? help, goinginsane

Here is an image of my motherboard, sorry I didn't post this first.
http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/3131/a8sxip7.jpg

What about the PCI/PCIe adapters?
Brand and rating of power supply?

Forum: Asus Motherboards February 27th 08, 10:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Am I safe to use Q-fan?

My CPU temperatures are generally being reported as about 10C at
idle. That is MUCH lower than room temperature, so that's got to be
wrong hasn't it? However, I did try touching the heatsink...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 26th 08, 02:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
9600GT and 9800GT naming..

Conor wrote:
Anyone who has been into computers long enough will remember the ATI
9600 and 9800 range of cards. Can't work out why nVidia chose similar
names.

I wonder how Nvidia could call...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 26th 08, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
9800GTX First Look

First of One wrote:
http://vr-zone.com/articles/GeForce_9800_GTX_Card_Photos_%26_Specs_Unveiled/5599.html

There goes your USD400. :)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 26th 08, 02:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Clearing Google cache

wrote:
How do I clear the Google cache on my Mac?

Clear the browser cache and cookies.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!...

beverage should be. There is no substitute for auditioning speakers
first hand.

And I need a lottery prize to buy them. ;)

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is...
Replies: 12
PCI Express sound cards, GOOD quality, WHERE???

OT: Chang, why did you choose Ubantu?

I don't know. It just works and worked. :)

Currently the linux distribution "war" is between Ubuntu and Fedora. The
rest... um...

--
@~@ Might,...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 25th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Yea, so is 10xxx and 11xxx. And 4870 or whatever ATI will call their
next card. :)

Nvidia 9xxx is coming in these few months. 9600GT is out now.

What about your 10xxx and 11xxx? :)

--
@~@...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 25th 08, 07:16 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
what to buy: 8800GT or HD3870 or 9600GT ?

Yea, so is 10xxx and 11xxx. And 4870 or whatever ATI will call their
next card. :)

Nvidia 9xxx is coming in these few months. 9600GT is out now.

What about your 10xxx and 11xxx? :)

--
@~@...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 24th 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
PCI Express sound cards, GOOD quality, WHERE???

Yup, I prefer not to use any PCI slot at all for my next build. And
I've always found Creative products (even the high-end ones) to have a
tinny sound quality. -Dave

Upgrading sound card...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 210