Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Rod Speed
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 21st 16, 09:34 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By Rod Speed
Video: Skybuck's DreamPC from 2006 boots up strangely

Shadow wrote
wrote

This video on youtube shows the strange procedure
I have to follow to boot up my computer lately:

https://youtu.be/oglScNl_jjw

Forum: Storage (alternative) December 11th 16, 08:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Rod Speed
reset smart data

kevin wrote

What serial to usb stick(rx tx) sould i buy from ebay If i want to
reset smart from seagate drive?plus software and commands ?

Try that again in english.

You...
Forum: Storage (alternative) December 5th 16, 05:37 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 12
Posted By Rod Speed
Western Digital Red?

"Yousuf Khan" wrote in message
On 11/24/2016 4:35 AM, mike wrote:
On 11/23/2016 7:32 PM, Yousuf Khan...
Forum: Storage (alternative) November 13th 16, 06:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 8
Posted By Rod Speed
What are good 2TB drives these days?

"Neill Massello" wrote in message
Yousuf Khan wrote:

I got a 1TB drive in my system. It's...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 25th 16, 08:59 PM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Computer Nerd Kev wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Computer Nerd Kev wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 16, 03:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

"nospam" wrote in message
In article , Computer Nerd Kev
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 16, 03:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Computer Nerd Kev wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Computer Nerd Kev wrote
nospam wrote
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 24th 16, 01:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Computer Nerd Kev wrote
nospam wrote
Computer Nerd Kev wrote

There are USB voltage meters sold cheaply on Ebay...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 22nd 16, 12:05 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

"Your Name" wrote in message
In article , Ant
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 22nd 16, 12:03 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

"Ant" wrote in message
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Rod Speed
wrote:
Ant...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 20th 16, 06:01 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Ant wrote

Forum: Storage (alternative) October 20th 16, 05:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote

I think, for the industry, flash drives are seen as the new floppy.
It
doesnąt much matter who you...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 07:01 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage

On 2016-10-19, Ant wrote:
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Jolly Roger...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 06:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Jolly Roger wrote
Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Ant wrote

Either I'm having bad luck

Or are...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 06:05 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

"Ant" wrote in message
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Computer Nerd Kev
wrote:
In...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 06:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Ant wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Ant wrote

Either I'm having bad luck

Or are mistreating them in some way.

Maybe. I am...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 05:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

"Ant" wrote in message
In comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage Your Name
wrote:
In article...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 19th 16, 05:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Rod Speed
Our office LAN backup has just hit 3 TB

"Lynn McGuire" wrote in message
On 10/18/2016 1:20 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Lynn McGuire" wrote in...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 18th 16, 07:20 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Rod Speed
Our office LAN backup has just hit 3 TB

"Lynn McGuire" wrote in message
Our office LAN backup has just hit 3 TB (as the hard drives manufacturers
rate TB). I freshly...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 18th 16, 07:09 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 87
Posted By Rod Speed
Is it me or are there many unreliable USB flash drives?

Ant wrote

Either I'm having bad luck

Or are mistreating them in some way.

or USB flash drives suck even with various sizes
(e.g., 512 MB to 32 GB), well known brand...
Forum: Storage (alternative) October 2nd 16, 06:07 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By Rod Speed
What's causing an eSATA external storage drive to disappear from the drives list?

Yousuf Khan wrote

Okay, Windows 10 AU, I'm trying to transfer some stuff off of internal
drives to an external drive through an eSATA connection. The external
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 22nd 16, 08:08 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 3
Posted By Rod Speed
What's the difference between these Seagate drives?

Yousuf Khan wrote

They are all 3TB, SATA 6G, 64MB cache, 7200RPM, 3.5"
drives from Seagate, just different model numbers, and
they have wildly different...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 12th 16, 04:03 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Rod Speed
"Backing Up for Small Business"

"Edward Diener" wrote in message
On 9/11/2016 1:49 AM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Edward Diener" ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 11th 16, 06:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Rod Speed
"Backing Up for Small Business"

"Edward Diener" wrote in message
On 9/10/2016 4:17 PM, Rod Speed wrote:

"Edward Diener" ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 10th 16, 09:17 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By Rod Speed
"Backing Up for Small Business"

"Edward Diener" wrote in message