Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.75 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Peter Dassow
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 17th 11, 10:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Dassow
Gtx 460 superclocked

On 13.12.2011 19:09, Homer Jay Simpson wrote:
wrote in message

What provides better performance for...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 27th 11, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Dassow
Problems with NVIDIA grafic driver and Windows 7 x64

On 21.09.2011 15:03, Dr. Heiko Muenkel wrote:

But there's another misterious thing, I've on my computer. The program
dxdiag shows DirectX 11 as DirectX version - and I think that Windows 7
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 6th 10, 12:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Dassow
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

yes, I would agree with you that also some nVdidia driver versions
failed. But... my last expirience was related with an ATI 5770 and
really annoying...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 1st 10, 12:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Dassow
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
So just buy 3 and an ATI card. What's the problem ? If your decision is
for ATI, fine. I will go with nVidia for another reason: Because I made
negative expirience...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 10, 09:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Dassow
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

First of One wrote:
"Peter Dassow" wrote in message
Not all users need 3 monitors (and you have to pay for 3...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 28th 10, 09:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 16
Posted By Peter Dassow
First Geforce GTX 480 Review

First of One wrote:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130551
Slightly overclocked cards are already listed for about $30 more than
regular GTX 480s.

Shame the GTX...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 20th 10, 09:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Peter Dassow
Does GeForce 6600 (AGP) support CUDA?

Benjamin Gawert wrote:
* Man-wai Chang to The Door (24000bps):

Nope. The first Nvidia card supporting CUDA is the Geforce 8 series.
Geforce 7 and older don't support that.

Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 15th 10, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Peter Dassow
Are there any reasons upgrading nVidia GeForce driver v191.07 ifa GTS250 is used ?

I am using a MSI GTS250 with 1Meg and I'm pretty satisfied with the
results (also compared to my former ATI HD5770 try). I am using now
nVidia 191.07 drivers for XP and I guess later driver...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 25th 09, 07:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Dassow
Catalyst 9.12 and Star Wars Battlefront II ? HD5770 problems? Not worth the price ?

KCB wrote:

Did you uninstall all the Nvidia software before you installed the ATI
stuff? As far as not being worth the price, it all depends on what you paid
for it.

Yes, I...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 23rd 09, 12:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By Peter Dassow
Catalyst 9.12 and Star Wars Battlefront II ? HD5770 problems ? Notworth the price ?

It seems to be a big problem, playing Star Wars Battlefront II (patched
to official v1.10) means pain with ATI cards !
I recently changed my graphics card from a nVidia 9800GT to a Sapphire
HD5770...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 11th 09, 11:24 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Dassow
Sleep (aka Power management) problem with external USB (MaxtorBasics) harddisk

Christian Franke wrote:
There is no software available from Maxtor/Seagate which do this job,
their "SeaTools" does not help, nor the "Maxtor Blast" one.
I guess the drive is crap and...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 10th 09, 09:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Dassow
Sleep (aka Power management) problem with external USB (MaxtorBasics) harddisk

Peter Dassow wrote:
Arno Wagner wrote:

Any idea how to influence that "sleep" behaviour if it does NOT
depend on the harddisk drive itself and also it does NOT depend on
Windows...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 10th 09, 08:33 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

Arno Wagner wrote:

Any idea how to influence that "sleep" behaviour if it does NOT depend
on the harddisk drive itself and also it does NOT depend on Windows (XP)
settings ? How can I...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 10th 09, 12:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 7
Posted By Peter Dassow
Sleep (aka Power management) problem with external USB (Maxtor Basics)harddisk

Hi everybody,

I really would appreciate it if anybody can give me a hint about that.
I bought a Maxtor Basics (1TB) USB drive, and it runs well so far.
BUT after a few minutes the external drive...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14