Showing results 1 to 25 of 453
Search took 1.35 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: First of One
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 20th 06, 12:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By First of One
97.02 nVidia control panel doesn't work

When did this become a requirement? I did come across a forum post that says
..NET needs to be installed if you are running pre-SP2. If it were true, then
I'm very surprised there hasn't been...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 19th 06, 11:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By First of One
getting a single or dualhead =PCI= card by ATI that's equivalent to a radeon 128 9000 pro *AGP* card?

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&fkr=1&from=R8&satitle=radeon+9000+pci&category0=

That didn't take long, did it?

--
"War is the continuation of...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 19th 06, 07:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

Unfortunately, that's the only thing ATi Tray Tools can't do, and it's the
only reason I'm using CCC, as much as I despise it.

It can...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 19th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One
Looking for a new 'puter

http://www.voodoopc.com/system/quotekitchen.aspx?productID=1097
http://www.velocitymicro.com/wizard.php?iid=1

Just to be clear, are you looking for a system with one ATi card, or two in
Crossfire?...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 19th 06, 06:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By First of One
overclocking BFG 8800

http://www.vr-zone.com/?i=4296
Dual voltage-modded 8800GTX cards in SLI, under LN2 cooling. Score of 22799
in 3DMark '06 at 822/1240 core/mem. Apparently the author hit a CPU
bottleneck with a...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 19th 06, 05:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 7
Posted By First of One
ATI Gone Sleazy

1. CCC remembers the last tab you visited. Under normal use you shouldn't
see the "welcome" tab.
2. As you are well aware, there exist much better alternatives to the
sluggish CCC. Avoid it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 18th 06, 08:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By First of One
overclocking BFG 8800

http://enthusiast.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTIxOCwxNiwsaGVudGh1c2lhc3Q=
You need to use nTune, at least according to HardOCP.

Rivatuner can be used to monitor the clock speeds, but not change...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 3
Posted By First of One
tweak refresh rate in Windows XP?

According to this page you have a Radeon X700?
http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/zooty/zooty.html

The card has a single-link DVI port, which means it probably needs to go to
reduced-blanking mode to...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 07:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By First of One
Will removal of the CLI services slow video performance or....

In my opinion, 8x AF is pretty much indistinguishable from 16x. I also don't
see much of an improvement going to 8x SuperAA versus the standard 4x AA.
And yes, I always run with Adaptive (quality...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 18th 06, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By First of One
How to uninstall card and drivers with Vista RTM?

You can probably just uninstall the control panel, then install the new
driver package right over the old drivers.

Really though, nVidia probably didn't expect to produce new drivers more
than once...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 04:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By First of One
No more all in wonder 9800 pro support on web : - )

Whoop dee do. Search for "all-in-wonder 9800" on the support site and you'd
see that all the appliable knowledgebase articles are there. The manuals are
there. The drivers are there. Plus, there's...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By First of One
Will removal of the CLI services slow video performance or....

"JLC" jc@nospam wrote in message
Thanks for the info. I don't need the AVIV converter, and I think you're
right about where the AVIV...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By First of One
Overclock with Crossfire Setup

Does anyone know how this is supposed to work? Would ATiTool or ATi Tray
Tools adjust the clock speed of both cards? I guess the worst case is if the
utility only overclocks the master card, then...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By First of One
Will removal of the CLI services slow video performance or....

"JLC" jc@nospam wrote in message
I took your advice (I think it was you who turned me onto ATI Tray Tools)
and it works OK. I still had to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 18th 06, 03:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Posted By First of One
Prefere Nvidia over ATI

LeadTek cards have excellent 2D quality, at least in the GF3/GF4 days.

Of course, with LCDs on DVI this is becoming less and less of a
distinguishing feature.

--
"War is the continuation of...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 03:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By First of One
Prefere Nvidia over ATI

LeadTek cards have excellent 2D quality, at least in the GF3/GF4 days.

Of course, with LCDs on DVI this is becoming less and less of a
distinguishing feature.

--
"War is the continuation of...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 18th 06, 03:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 1
Posted By First of One
Problem Solved

Hmm, for you the colors toggle between normal to bright red. For me the
colors turn psychedelic with bright red, bright green, etc. However, if I
turn off "video mixing render" (VMR) in Windows...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 17th 06, 04:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By First of One
Will removal of the CLI services slow video performance or....

Back when I owned a 9800 Pro, turning off SmartGART also turned off basic
Windows GDI acceleration, which made Windows painfully slow. With PCIe cards
I'm not sure if the same will happen. Give it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 17th 06, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By First of One
6800GT Clock Frequencies

Yes, the the latest nVidia drivers are reporting twice the effective memory
clock. It is a known bug.

It can therefore be said that politics...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 16th 06, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One
Cat 6.11 is out... already ;)

Well, I'm using two cards with a thick pass-through cable, and run all games
with 4x multisample AA. 3dfx along with all its quirks lives on...

BTW, if you want a game that'll bring your card to...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 16th 06, 11:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
Posted By First of One
Will removal of the CLI services slow video performance or....

"echo" wrote in message
What does CLI.exe do ? I've read that it uses lots of system resources
and while I can see it is using TCP...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 16th 06, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By First of One
Problem Installing EVGA e-GeForce 7900 GS KO

wrote in message
This graphic card came with dvi to vga switch, anyway after installing
i powered up...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 16th 06, 04:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One
Cat 6.11 is out... already ;)

Woohoo, fold proteins, cure blindness, solve world hunger... Remember the
3dfx commercials?...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 16th 06, 01:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By First of One
AGP or AGP2

Not surprisingly, comments from someone with a handle like "die agp die".

Always the optimist. Who's to say some PCIe 2.0 with reduced voltage won't
be introduced in a year's time? Intel, AMD and...
Forum: Ati Videocards November 16th 06, 12:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By First of One
Cat 6.11 is out... already ;)

Hmm, gotta yank the cable off my X1900 CF setup just for kicks. Maybe for
once we'll see the PCIe bus saturated...

Wonder if AMD's takeover has had any influence on this new development?

--
"War...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 453