Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andy[_15_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 20th 13, 08:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 59
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Help my PC is dying of heat exhaustion

"Desmond" wrote in message
It is so hot here this summer that my computer crashes when it gets hot. I
was...
Forum: General June 4th 13, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Cannot boot old PC

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
I have an old PC in my shed. It's an 'AMD Athlon(TM) XP1800+', 'ASUS
A7A266-E...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 14th 13, 08:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Andy[_15_]
I have a ???

"hp" wrote in message
Home built PC, Been working ok for several years, but recently -

I have noticed that it doesn't like to power the...
Forum: General September 25th 11, 09:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Andy[_15_]
out of range - can't get in to safe mode

"123Jim" wrote in message
Windows 7 home premium 32 bit
Display adapter: ATI Radeon HD 4550

I've connected my usual CRT...
Forum: General July 18th 11, 09:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Slow boot

"ElJerid" wrote in message
My PC (Core 2 duo 8400 @ 3.6 Ghz, 4 GB Corsair DDR2, Intel SSD, XP Pro)
normally boots...
Forum: General July 18th 11, 09:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Split Screen

"Bill Bradshaw" wrote in message
I have a NEC MuliSync LCD 1970 GX monitor. I am running WinXP Pro SP3
with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 11, 09:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Help: Blank Desktop Problem

"Searcher7" wrote in message
I'm posting this from the local library because last night I...
Forum: General April 10th 11, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Frustration

"Menno Hershberger" wrote in message
I have a 4 or 5 year old Gateway (with Vista) here that a guy brought in
because it...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 24th 11, 10:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy[_15_]
NVidia driver giving me 3D on Zalman with games?

"peter" wrote in message
Quote from a Zalman review
3D PerformanceI
have explained above how the monitor can produce two independent...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 28th 10, 08:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Moving back to a CRT from flat panel monitor

"pheasant16" wrote in message
Booted up the old box, starts loading XP, gets to splash screen, then goes
black.

This old...
Forum: General August 20th 10, 09:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Excessive Boot Time

"Steve Giannoni" wrote in message
Pentium IV running Windows XP taking about 5 minutes to completely
boot. What...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 24th 10, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Boot Problems

"Nospam" wrote in message
Hi All,

My son's world has just collapsed!

His PC, home built has stopped working
After...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 20th 10, 10:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Need suggestions on troubleshooting a pc that will not boot.

wrote in message
Andy,
Thanks for the suggestion.
But if it was the battery, wouldn't it still boot but just lose the
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 16th 10, 09:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Andy[_15_]
Need suggestions on troubleshooting a pc that will not boot.

wrote in message
I have a store bought PC that I've upgraded extensively.
I put in several new hard drives and a new vid...
Showing results 1 to 14 of 14