Showing results 1 to 14 of 14
Search took 0.40 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Les Matthew
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards March 18th 09, 04:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 0
Posted By Les Matthew
Gigabyte GA-X38-DQ6 + E8500 C0 woes

I've had this motherboard running for about three months with an E6600
crunching folding@home no problems with the F8 BIOS.

I've also had the E8500 in an Asus P5K for the same period of time...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards August 16th 08, 04:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By Les Matthew
Best current Gigabyte MB for o'clocking Core 2 Quad CPU

Darmok wrote:
Looking over the options, looks like the

GA-EP45-DQ6 (DDR2 ram)

http://www.clunk.org.uk/forums/reviews/7548-gigabyte-ga-ep45-extreme-living-review.html

or
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards August 1st 08, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 12
Posted By Les Matthew
How do I overclock memory in Gigabyte EP35-DS3R?

wrote:
I got a Gigabyte EP35-DS3R/Q6600 2.4 ghz in March, which I'm very
happy with. Vista x64 rates a 5.9 on every measure, except a 5.6 on
memory.

Memory is G.Skill, the...
Forum: Overclocking August 1st 08, 10:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte

wrote:
I got a Gigabyte EP35-DS3R/Q6600 2.4 ghz in March, which I'm very
happy with. Vista x64 rates a 5.9 on every measure, except a 5.6 on
memory.

Memory is G.Skill, the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 29th 08, 06:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Les Matthew
8800 GTS Heat

David wrote:
Is it normal for my card to be 65c - 67c temps when idle?

Don't know about the GTS but my 8800GT idles at around 55C to 60C.

les...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards July 25th 08, 08:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 5
Posted By Les Matthew
GA X48T DQ6

Timelord wrote:
Any thoughts on the above motherboard??
I am thinking of this but am unsure of the chipset performance. I want a
good all rounder for the Intel Quad Core processor and i will...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By Les Matthew
Temperature range

Mhaxx wrote:
I use speedfan from he http://www.almico.com/sfdownload.php

monitors cpu and gpu temps and gives voltages and fan speeds.

FanSpeed gives my CPU temp from about 45°C to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 7th 08, 08:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 28
Posted By Les Matthew
Temperature range

Mhaxx wrote:
How do you know it's the videocard temperature that is causing lockups? I

I only suppose, I think CPU or GPU exceed temp could be the cause..

highly doubt a 6200LE card is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 20th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 25
Posted By Les Matthew
budget gaming PC performs well vs. high-end

Conor wrote:
In article ,

What is happening ?

You're running the game using DirectX 9 and he's running the game
running...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 20th 07, 09:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 26

Conor wrote:
In article ,

What is happening ?

You're running the game using DirectX 9 and he's running the game
running...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 12th 07, 11:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Les Matthew
AGP Texture Acceleration & PCI-Express

Just got my first PCI-Express setup with a 7900GS on a nforce4 motherboard.

The "Display" tab in dxdiag shows "AGP Texture Acceleration" as Enabled.
Is this correct on a PCI-E setup?

I have spent...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 25th 07, 11:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Les Matthew
What card allows Panning?

HotRdd wrote:
I'm using Map Point 2004 and was wondering if it's possible to open the
image far larger than my screen size and capture or copy the image to paste
into a paint program? What...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 2nd 07, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 9
Posted By Les Matthew
Which is better? GeForce 8600 GTS/Radeon X1700SE...

Phil Weldon wrote:
'don't look' wrote:
| Didn't Dell bring back XP because of complaints?
_____

Not apparent from their web site offerings.

Phil Weldon
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 2nd 07, 03:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati