Showing results 1 to 25 of 138
Search took 0.26 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: FKS
Forum: Ati Videocards June 19th 07, 05:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
From X850 Pro to X1950 GT?

My 2nd PC (P4 2.8 GHz) currently has an X850 Pro card. The only game that's
played on that PC is Company of Heroes LAN games (connected with my main
PC). I get acceptable frame rates (around 30) at...
Forum: Intel June 14th 07, 04:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 6
Posted By FKS
Intel 845HV Motherboard - Issues

wrote in message

And thanks for the suggestion on Graphics card. I have to see if I can
get the card...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By FKS
A Very Good Site To Shop For Computer and Electronic Products

"isaac4all" wrote in message
i was browsing some days back i stormed on this site called tiger. The
site...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 14th 07, 04:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By FKS
Same old, same old with Tiger Direct rebates

"johns" wrote in message
They simply don't honor their rebates. It is an advertising
scam, so let the buyer...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 14th 07, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
X1900XT

"RogerRabbit" wrote in message

Asus N2N32-sli Deluxe
OCZ MOD Stream 600W output is fine
ATI X1900XT 512M
2G...
Forum: Intel June 13th 07, 05:33 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
865PERL board and Strange Overheating Issue.

Well, I went back to the P19 BIOS and the problem went away...
Forum: Intel June 12th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
865PERL board and Strange Overheating Issue.

Yup. I guessed the MoBo had developed a problem. It's a good excuse to
upgrade my 2nd PC.

"DaveW" wrote in message
It...
Forum: Intel June 11th 07, 09:22 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
865PERL board and Strange Overheating Issue.

My 2nd PC based on the 865PERL and P4 2.8GHz had been working fine until
several days ago. It reboots instead of shutting down in XP SP2. I've done
all trouble-shooting methods and I am 99% sure it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 07, 07:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
Wide Screen Monitor Displays

"DJT" wrote in message

Can I setup a wide screen monitor to show a 4:3 resolution by leaving
the edge of the sreen...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 10th 07, 03:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
HDD too hot & causing reboots - Is mine going bad???

I have 3 Seagate 160GB SATA hdd's; 2 in my main PC & 1 in my 2nd PC. Both
PCs are in the same room.

According to SMART, the temperature of 2 in my main PC never exceeds 44C,
but the temp of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 07, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By FKS
SATA-to-IDE Power Adapter??

I got a new Zalman PSU, which has tons of SATA power connectors but has a
limited # of IDE power connectors. I need more IDE power connectors. I
searched newegg, found several IDE-to-SATA power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 8th 07, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-xp,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By FKS
Vista upgrade delay? FTC complaint site

"Bob Fry" wrote in message
In December I built a PC and installed an OEM Windows XP Pro x64 OS
from Newegg. It included a "free"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
Is This a Motherboard Problem???

"meerkat" wrote in message

"FKS" wrote in message ...
I've been having a weird...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
Is This a Motherboard Problem???

I've been having a weird rebooting problem in my 2nd PC running XP SP2. It
is a P4 2.8GHz system based on an Intel 865PERL board housed in an Antec
Sonata II case.
When I click "turn off", it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 05:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By FKS
Motherboard Test Program?

Is there a good program to test an Intel motherboard? I checked out Intel's
web site but couldn't find any info.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 6th 07, 05:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By FKS
TigerDirect rebate scam

"johns" wrote in message
How many of you have bought products from TigerDirect
and never received your...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 07, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By FKS
games are going 2fps every 5 secs

"finran" wrote in message
hi,
I've just bought a new PC with Vista, and when I run games it goes
down from 40+fps to about 2fps...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 5th 07, 06:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By FKS
Higher clock or more ram?

wrote in message
Hello newsgroup,

I finaly decided to get a card with a x1950 pro chip. But I don't want
to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 1st 07, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By FKS
Weird PC rebooting problem

Well, if I disable the onboard LAN (the MoBo is the Intel 865PERL), the PC
won't reboot. I re-checked the network setting and "Wake on LAN" is
disabled.

So, is it possible that the onboard LAN is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 07, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By FKS
Weird PC rebooting problem

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt "FKS" wrote:

My 2nd PC based on the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 07, 09:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By FKS
Good core 2 duo motherboards?

wrote in message
Hi
I am looking for good quality core 2 duo motherboard for my new
computer. Because Nvidia has...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 31st 07, 09:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By FKS
Weird PC rebooting problem

My 2nd PC based on the Intel 865 PERL and the P4 2.8GHz reboots when I click
on "Turn Off" in XP SP2.

I *disabled* "Automatically restart PC in critical errors."

Here's what's happening.

-The PC...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 31st 07, 08:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By FKS
Recording TV w/ X1950XT

"Martha Jones" wrote in message

"FKS" wrote in message ...
I have a winTV...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 31st 07, 08:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By FKS
Too Much Lighting Effect?

"First of One" wrote in message
Does TRA give you the option of turning off HDR?

No. Anyway, TRA isn't entertaining enough...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 31st 07, 03:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By FKS
Too Much Lighting Effect?

"First of One" wrote in message
Have you tried playing with the gamma, brightness and contrast settings
for "Fullscreen...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 138