Showing results 1 to 25 of 34
Search took 1.99 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Jeffrey Kaplan
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 27th 14, 03:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general,comp.mobile.android
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Bluetooth headset (speakers and mic) recommendation?

Previously on comp.mobile.android, John Doe said:

Headset microphone must work for speech recognition input. Speakers
are for recreational music.

It took a few tries to get a working...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 20th 08, 12:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
NVIDIA blames MS for not having fullscreen video mirroring (video out).

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

Does this mean that you cannot set these cards to do a "Clone" display
setup?

Not when the output is video. It has no...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 08, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
NVIDIA blames MS for not having fullscreen video mirroring (video out).

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Ant said:

http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=29212&view=findpost&p=345781

Section "Known Product Limitations: (...) problems that...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
I need help from someone who has a clue... I certainly don't!!!

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Hank said:

Dualview sorta kinda works. There are two different
resolutions, and both are optimum: both screens are
terrific. HOWEVER, the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 08, 12:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
I need help from someone who has a clue... I certainly don't!!!

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Hank said:

Sorry! I want to 'clone' the display, but at a different
resolution (max on each of the screens). Isn't that
possible?

I've...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 18th 08, 07:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
I need help from someone who has a clue... I certainly don't!!!

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Hank said:

My objective is to drive an external 22" monitor with a
high resolution signal via a DVI cable from a laptop,
while...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 17th 08, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Jeffrey Kaplan said:

The screen never came back on after clicking OK to that, and 60 seconds
later it still had not reverted. Now I have no...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Benjamin Gawert said:

Better ignore DaveW as he has a Usenet-wide reputation of being one of
the biggest clueless bull****ter ever.

Usenet is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 03:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

This is not a complicated fix. You simply need to hook this box up to a
standard monitor to access the OS to fix this. I'm at a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 05:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

I'm thinking you're not going to be getting any signal with that setup
right now, analog or digital into the HDTV. Certainly...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 15th 08, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, DaveW said:

That older video card is not capable of what you are trying to do. Time to
upgrade to newer video card technology.

That means a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 04:09 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Benjamin Gawert said:

I'm using a DVI-to-HDMI cable on the primary DVI socket. In case it
matters, the TV claims 1080i resolution.
This...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 04:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

I'm thinking you're not going to be getting any signal with that setup
right now, analog or digital into the HDTV. Certainly...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 04:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

Presumably your XP box was working previously with a CRT or LCD? What
happens when you hook the DVI output of the card to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 04:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Augustus said:

This is kind of a confusing read. I'm not quite getting the order this was
done in, how the system was configured prior to this...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 02:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 20
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce4 Ti to HDMI TV

I have a slightly older XP Pro system that I recently hooked up to my
HDTV. The video card is an nVidia GeForce4 Ti 4800. In case you're
not familiar with this older card, it's an AGP slot...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 19th 07, 06:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Understanding dual view??

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, surface9 said:

I was hoping to get 1536X1024 (double wide in portrait mode), and I
discovered that nvidia doesn't allow that, so, I intend to...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 18th 07, 04:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Understanding dual view??

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, surface9 said:

I just got another monitor, same model as my first one (samsung 213t),
and I tried to set up my Nvidia fx 5200 card for dual...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 12th 07, 01:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce Go 6100, lack of real nVidia Control Panel

Previously on alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, Paul said:

Nvidia provides manuals. You can see them in this particular release
directory. The manuals are updated on selected releases, so...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 10th 07, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce Go 6100, lack of real nVidia Control Panel

It is alleged that Mr.E Solved! claimed:

All of the above. I doubt very much you can use a non-Compaq driver for
your video chipset. Compaq(HP) drivers specifically tailored to your
laptop...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 9th 07, 09:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
GeForce Go 6100, lack of real nVidia Control Panel

Last week I was provided with a Compaq Presario F730US laptop for work.
It has Vista Home Premium as the OS. The video system is a GeForce Go
6100, actual manufacturer unknown. It has 64M of...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 20th 06, 03:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Taskbar span?

It is alleged that Jeffrey Kaplan claimed:

It is alleged that Brian Dukes claimed:

Try using Ultramon, you can extend the taskbar over multiple monitors,
and have each monitor show...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 7th 06, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Taskbar span?

It is alleged that Brian Dukes claimed:

Try using Ultramon, you can extend the taskbar over multiple monitors,
and have each monitor show their own tasks.

Hmm... not quite entirely what I was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 1st 06, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Taskbar span?

I've got a GeForce 7300GS (MSI NX7300GS) on WinXP Pro SP2 with
ForceWare v82.65. I'm running it in DualView mode with two flat-panel
displays attached.

Is there any way I can get it to span the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 12th 06, 10:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Jeffrey Kaplan
Settings: Question LCD at 1280x1024 (monitor optimal) Old Machine GeForce2 MX/MX2

It is alleged that new claimed:

I have just given this old machine a new pretty monitor (Yes I should
replace it but I have a number of newer more powerful machines I just use it
for mail...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 34