Showing results 1 to 25 of 45
Search took 2.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Gilles Vollant
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards October 30th 09, 02:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 0
Posted By Gilles Vollant
GA-G31M-ES2L(rev. 1.x) and Pentium 4 / celeron with 533 mhz Fsb incompatible

I've a motherboard GA-G31M-ES2L(rev. 1.x)
and a Pentium 4 / celeron with 533 mhz Fsb (Pentium 4 - 524- SL8ZZ)

unfortunatelly, it seem they are not...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 21st 08, 09:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Gilles Vollant
M2A-VM bios 1705 problem with LAN

Hello

Bios 1705 of M2A-VM motherboard does network does not work correctly.

Under Windows XP, SP3 with latest realtek network drivers

I tested with two M2A-VM.
With first, network does the work...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards May 8th 08, 12:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.giga-byte
Replies: 1
Posted By Gilles Vollant
How find IO/Shield for K8VT800 rev 2.0

Hello,
I purchased a refurbished motherboard.
It run perfectly, except there is no IO/Shield

do you know a method to get one?

Gigabyte K8VT800 rev 2.0
http://gvollant.free.fr/plaque_giga_754.gif
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 8th 08, 12:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Gilles Vollant
How find IO/Shield for M2N-E

Hello,
I purchased a refurbished motherboard.
It run perfectly, except there is no IO/Shield

do you know a method to get one?

Asus M2N-E
http://gvollant.free.fr/plaque_asus_m2n.png
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 4th 08, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 0
Posted By Gilles Vollant
test for HyperV (Windows 2008x64 virtualisation) and AMD Athlon compatibility

Hello,

Do you known what motherboard support Hyper-V (the new hypervisor
virtualisation for Windows 2008 server x64) ?

Hyper-V uses AMD-V (AMD virtualisation instructions, named Pacifica), which...
Forum: General February 29th 08, 01:42 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Is there a difference between DDR2 memory for Amd AM2 and for Intel motherboard

I've received chip. It was DDR2-667 instead 800 !!

chip are :
SAMSUNG 803
K4T1G044QA-ZCE6

VCH6500CC Korea
DDR2 EAHD

there is 8 chip on each side, both side have chip, so we have 16 chip on
Forum: General February 18th 08, 08:40 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Is there a difference between DDR2 memory for Amd AM2 and for Intel motherboard

"krw" wrote in message

Marketing?
Marketing probably. The price of the two latest item is very low. I've
ordered...
Forum: General February 16th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Is there a difference between DDR2 memory for Amd AM2 and for Intel motherboard

Hello,
I found ebay offer for memory DDR2 specified...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 16th 08, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Is there a difference between DDR2 memory for Amd AM2 and for Intel motherboard

Hello,
I found two ebay offer for memory DDR2 specified...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards February 7th 08, 01:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 2
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Core 2 Duo on 945 mainboard not designed for Core2Duo

Hello,

Do you known if we can dream using a Core 2 Duo on an Intel 945/955
motherboard not designed for Core 2 ?
(example : GA-8I945P Pro)

Voltage specification are not exactly the same , but we...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 7th 08, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Core 2 Duo on 945 mainboard not designed for Core2Duo

"DaveW" wrote in message
The chipset of the motherboard and the motherboard's BIOS will NOT
recognize or drive a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 4th 08, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Core 2 Duo on 945 mainboard not designed for Core2Duo

Hello,

Do you known if we can dream using a Core 2 Duo on an Intel 945/955
motherboard not designed for Core 2 ?
(example : P5WD2)

Voltage specification are not exactly the same , but we can just...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 27th 07, 11:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Gilles Vollant
doing 1400*1050 on my CRT

Hello,
I've a CRT Viewsonic 19 inch CRT monitor connected on a Geforce 7100GS
adapter

with Windows XP and nvidia driver, I can set up 1400 * 1050 resolution
(which is perfect for this...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 25th 07, 10:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
K8V SE deluxe and GSA-H62N

can you tell how?
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 25th 07, 10:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
K8V SE deluxe and GSA-H62N

Be sure you connect on the VIA Sata and not on the promise sata
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 07, 12:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Memory Advice Please - ASUS P5B Deluxe

32 bits Windows need use /PAE option in boot.ini to use 4 GB
http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/system/platform/server/PAE/pae_os.mspx
Forum: Printers July 13th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Subject: HP Laserjet color 4500 and HP universal compatibility problem

I've installed the three universal printing driver (PCL5, PCL6
and Postscript) 4.0 (april 2007 version) on my Windows XP compter connected
to and HP Laserjet color 4500...
Forum: Printers July 6th 07, 11:32 PM Posted to comp.lang.postscript,comp.periphs.printers,comp.sys.hp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Gilles Vollant
HP Universal printer driver Postscript, old Postscript 2 printer and Acrobat 8

hello,
I've installed the Universal printer driver Postscript, downloaded at
http://www.hp.com/go/upd

I've a problem with Adobe Acrobat 8 and two old printer with Postscript
level 2 support...
Forum: Printers June 2nd 07, 01:46 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Gilles Vollant
HP Color LaserJet 4500 and PCL6

Hello,
I recently bought an HP Color LaserJet 4500 (manufactured begin 2000).

I've a question about PCL6 compatibility

the laserjet 4500 manual , page...
Forum: Printers April 16th 07, 10:06 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 7
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Transfer JetDirect card from LaserJet 4Mplus to LaserJet 4?

I believe both are MIO adapter; transfert is pretty sure possible

I suggest you also take time to update to firmware 08.49
Forum: Printers April 16th 07, 04:15 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Finding network interface for Canon LBP1760

Thank you a lot for info

My goal are :
- I hope using ethernet instead parallel will be faster , so I prefer sing
Ethernet board for the printer instead ethernet to parralel adaptator
- I've...
Forum: Printers April 16th 07, 03:13 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By Gilles Vollant
JetDirect EIO speed

Hello

I bought or obtained somes used HP laserjet with EIO slot
(Laserjet color 4500 , laserjet 2200 and for a friend Laserjet 4050)

I want the fastest (and cheap) connexion to this printer.
I had...
Forum: Printers April 9th 07, 11:22 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 5
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Finding network interface for Canon LBP1760

Hello
Do you known if we can find (if possible, used and cheap) network interface
for Canon LBP1760 ?

There is an user market of HP JetDirect adapter, but Canon adapter are hard
to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 14th 07, 02:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Gilles Vollant
how ignore the bios of a PCI card

Hello
I flashed the Bios of a PCI card (an Adaptec 2940U2W adapter), and now, when
the PC start, it display the PCI card Bios banner and does nothing.

Is there any way to prevent loading the Bios of...
Forum: Gigabyte Motherboards February 25th 07, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Replies: 1
Posted By Gilles Vollant
Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X fiability long term

Hello,

A friend use a Gigabyte GA-6VX7-4X motherboard on a server. Of course, this
server run 24h/24h.

I known a lot of Pentium III motherboard had condensator problem and stop
working after 4 or...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 45