Showing results 1 to 20 of 20
Search took 1.21 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Sebastian Kaliszewski[_3_]
Forum: General May 29th 08, 01:38 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
And that's the fact. Otherwise they would be nonexistent.

They're merging and going out of business at an amazing rate.

Another attempt at...
Forum: General May 29th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:

On May 28, 5:47 am, Jan Panteltje wrote:
On a sunny day (Tue, 27 May 2008 13:21:56 -0700 (PDT)) it happened Robert
Myers...
Forum: General May 29th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
I think the x86 monoculture we have is a
lamentable state of affairs.

Oh. That sums it up. You care of nerd delusions not for reality.

In reality it simply...
Forum: General May 28th 08, 03:55 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:

On May 27, 5:31 am, Sebastian Kaliszewski
wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
Your constant insisting on comparability of risk estimation in...
Forum: General May 28th 08, 03:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Robert Myers wrote:
I think the x86 monoculture we have is a
lamentable state of affairs.

Oh. That sums it up. You care of nerd delusions not for reality.

In reality it simply does not matter....
Forum: General May 28th 08, 03:27 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Jan Panteltje wrote:
[...]
You're trying to show reality to a man who can't grip it. It's an excercise
in futility, I'm affraid. I'm slowly giving up hope.

rgds
Sebastian Kaliszewski
--
"Never...
Forum: General May 28th 08, 03:23 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Robert Myers wrote:
And that's the fact. Otherwise they would be nonexistent.

They're merging and going out of business at an amazing rate.

Another attempt at twist?

Are...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 12:32 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
I can regret the direction that an industry is driven by
competitive pressures: the big three auto-makers to large
vehicles and the processor business to x86...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 11:23 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
I'd like to say that your belief
in free markets is touchingly childlike, but it seems more like
obstinately fundamentalist to me. I don't care for fundamentalism...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 11:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
I thought financial wizards knew how to estimate risk.

What risk? You dont understand squat what you talk about. There is no
general risk. So...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 10:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
Your constant insisting on comparability of risk estimation in long term
capital and software only shows your lack of clue.

Look.

I didn't go there.

Of course you...
Forum: General May 27th 08, 09:34 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 1
[Off-topic] Financial wizards and software

Robert Myers wrote:

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/0c82561a-2697-11dd-9c95-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

quote

Moody’s awarded incorrect triple-A ratings to billions of dollars
worth...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
My condolences. But frankly less than for those who lose a child.
We all die one day, and there are lots of risks before then.

The drug industry is not now and never...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 03:44 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Robert Myers wrote:
I thought financial wizards knew how to estimate risk.

What risk? You dont understand squat what you talk about. There is no
general risk. So what risk? If they failed at one...
Forum: General May 26th 08, 03:28 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
[...]
Quality is a variable to be optimized, not some
deity to be worshipped. "Beware false gods".

I can just imagine hanging that as a motto in someone's office.
Forum: General May 20th 08, 11:15 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
But theoretical solutions work in theory. Practical ones, while based on
theory, implement that theory in reality. And the problem here is that
theory is severely lacking...
Forum: General May 15th 08, 10:10 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 115
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
Who cares what some clueless newsgroup poster thinks.

In my years on this planet, and, more recently in dealing with usenet
hotheads,...
Forum: General May 13th 08, 11:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips

Robert Myers wrote:
Who cares what some clueless newsgroup poster thinks.

In my years on this planet, and, more recently in dealing with usenet
hotheads, I've learned not to rely on my own...
Forum: Intel May 12th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 43
AMD planning 45nm 12-Core 'Istanbul' Processor ?

Robert Myers wrote:
I have very little sympathy for the concerns of software developers.
We'd be much better off with longer software development cycles so we
had less bad...
Forum: General May 12th 08, 04:31 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.intel