Showing results 1 to 25 of 94
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: AndyHancock
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 31st 12, 05:46 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By AndyHancock
Power-Off Retract Count raw value 2293768

On Jul 30, 3:01 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
AndyHancock wrote
My Toshiba Satellite A660 has been in...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 31st 12, 05:41 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By AndyHancock
Power-Off Retract Count raw value 2293768

On Jul 30, 3:01 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
My Toshiba Satellite A660 has been in for servicing quite a bit over
the last 8...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 31st 12, 04:32 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage

On Jul 30, 1:43 am, AndyHancock wrote:
My Toshiba Satellite A660 has been in for servicing quite a bit over
the last 8 months for ongoing problems, and it seems over them...
Forum: Storage (alternative) July 30th 12, 06:43 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 10
Posted By AndyHancock
Power-Off Retract Count raw value 2293768

My Toshiba Satellite A660 has been in for servicing quite a bit over
the last 8 months for ongoing problems, and it seems over them now. I
just managed to do a SMART report, and all seems normal...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 12th 12, 07:57 AM Posted to comp.sys.laptops,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 1
Posted By AndyHancock
diskpart's "clean all" hangs, no signs of HD activity

I am following the instructions at
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/52129-disk-clean-clean-all-diskpart-command.html
to erase my entire HD before sending my laptop somewhere. In
particular, I am...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 25th 12, 04:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 24, 1:30*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed ...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 12, 05:09 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 23, 11:58*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock wrote
I believe we were discussing why it...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 24th 12, 02:49 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 23, 4:04 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
I believe we were discussing why it isn't such a big disaster for
the clone to do its virgin boot with the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 23rd 12, 04:46 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 22, 3:34 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock wrote
Would you know if some of the registry...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 23rd 12, 04:26 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 22, 1:09*pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock wrote
The drive...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 22nd 12, 06:08 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 21, 4:20 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Would you know if some of the registry entries (duplicated in the source
and target HDDs) pointing to the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 21st 12, 06:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 20, 4:12 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
...The worst that can happen is that you do somehow manage to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 20th 12, 05:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 19, 6:55 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
...the risk factors I'm being careful about are that in order to
control the boot sequence, I have to enter...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 19th 12, 11:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 17, 8:58 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 17th 12, 12:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 16, 11:50 pm, AndyHancock wrote:
On Feb 16, 12:10 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Apparently, if you've booted off of the...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 17th 12, 04:50 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Feb 16, 12:10*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote

Rod Speed wrote
AndyHancock wrote
I can change the boot sequence so...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 16th 12, 04:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.backup-software
Replies: 42
Posted By AndyHancock
Initialize / format 500 GB Momentus XT to make bootable clone

On Jan 16, 4:14 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
I can change the boot sequence so that it boots off of
eSATA-connected auxiliary drive (residing in an...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 15th 12, 04:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 14, 10:40 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Boy, what a confusion. Low-level formatting isn't really
formatting these days. But I'll take what I can...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 14th 12, 06:31 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 14, 1:20*am, AndyHancock wrote:
On Feb 13, 3:52*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:

AndyHancock wrote:
Rod, what did you mean by stuff up a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 14th 12, 06:20 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 13, 3:52*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote:
Rod, what did you mean by stuff up a partition?

That was a bit carelessly described, I meant that it can...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 13th 12, 03:37 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 12, 10:24 pm, AndyHancock wrote:
Well, I used PowerQuest Partition Table Editor to change partitions 3
& 4 from 0x17 to 0x07 (unhidden). They got drive letters...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 13th 12, 03:24 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 12, 3:39 am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote
Rod Speed wrote
Yousuf Khan wrote
AndyHancock wrote
Partitions 1,3,4...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 12th 12, 03:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 12, 3:31*am, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote:
Rod Speed wrote:
AndyHancock wrote:
Franc, Rod,
Thanks for that...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 12th 12, 06:05 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 11, 9:21 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote
AndyHancock wrote
Partitions 1,3,4 do not have letter drives. So I was wondering
whether I can still...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 12th 12, 05:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 32
Posted By AndyHancock
chkdsk all partitions at once, including those without drive letters

On Feb 11, 4:53 pm, "Rod Speed" wrote:
AndyHancock wrote:
Franc, Rod,
Thanks for that info on the effect of partition type on changability
of drive letter and...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 94