Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.42 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Phil Weldon[_3_]
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 29th 08, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Which is faster: two 7800GT's 256MB in SLI, or a single 9600 GT 512MB?

'Saskatoonian' wrote:
If you're really wanting to spend some money for gaming, why don't you buy
one 8800gtx 512mg overclocked. The other cards mentioned aren't going to
touch...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 27th 08, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
How to set default resolution on an 8400M GS

'e' wrote:
Sony has technical support?
_____

Yes.

Phil Weldon

"e" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 27th 08, 04:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
How to set default resolution on an 8400M GS

'e' wrote:
This Sony SZ6 series laptop uses a T7700 with 4GB RAM and Vista Business
SP2, and two video cards of which the primary is an Nvidia 8400M GS. The
laptop screen resolution is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 27th 08, 04:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
GeForce 8400M GT Help!!!!

'Dez' wrote:
I have a new laptop running Vista with an Nvidea GeForce 8400M GT
video card.

When watching live streaming video such as NASA TV
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 24th 08, 07:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 12
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Which is faster: two 7800GT's 256MB in SLI, or a single 9600 GT 512MB?

'Plough' wrote:
I am currently running two 7800GTs with 256MB of ram in SLI mode.
Performance is ok, but I know i can do better without dropping too
much cash. I am curious to know if a single...
Forum: Overclocking March 24th 08, 02:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
ASUS P5-E/WIFI & E8200

'Strutter' wrote:
I'm currently looking at building a new system for around $1500 (Aust) and
I've come up with the following main pieces of hardware;

ASUS P5-E/WIFI board running the E8200...
Forum: Overclocking March 23rd 08, 11:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Overclocking Asus P5B Deluxe versus abit IP35 Pro

'Ken' wrote:
Well, I created a real problem - during the OCing session and all the bad
things the MB was doing the #$%*ing Raid 0 Array became corrupted and I
had to restore the system from...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 08, 05:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Power supply requirement for 2 Nvidia GTX in SLI?

'Ed Medlin' wrote:
PC Power and Cooling still make a great PSU........:-). I have been using
them for years without any issues at all. I have a Silencer 750 SLI in
this system with a couple...
Forum: Overclocking March 17th 08, 05:08 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 1
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
nvidia 7600

' wrote:
hello ! I d like overclocker my Nvidia 7600, but i can't. Can you help me
?
If you are using Microsoft Windows, download and install ATITool. ATITool
will work with...
Forum: Overclocking March 14th 08, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 10
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Sudden Power Off

'John Whitworth' wrote:
When I've used calculators to work out how much power is really required,
it always falls way short of my 580W though.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 08, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Power supply requirement for 2 Nvidia GTX in SLI?

'Paul' wrote, among other things:
This new one from Intel is interesting.

"Power Supply Design Guide for Desktop Platform Form Factors Revision
1.2 - [1 MB]"
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 13th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
No Display - Part 2

'Travis King' wrote:
Just did a cardboard test with one stick of RAM, video card, and CPU, and
the same error code.
_____

I think you must be missreading the beep code; in my experience with...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 13th 08, 08:04 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
No Display - Part 2

'Travis King' wrote:
Just did a cardboard test with one stick of RAM, video card, and CPU, and
the same error code.
_____

I think you must be missreading the beep code; in my experience with...
Forum: Overclocking March 5th 08, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Budget motherboard to o/c core2 budget cpu ?

'DaveJ' wrote:
Please can anyone recommend a cheap m/board to o/c intel budget 2 core
cpu. Tried an Asrock but only allowed 33% - I would prefer a mo/bo with
onboard graphics - eg G33 or G31...
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'Elcaro Nosille' wrote:
No, I mean 1 : 1.2, i.e. the clock-rate of the DDR2-memory
(400MHz) is 1.2 times higher than the clock-rate of the
FSB (333MHz).

Motherboards based on the nVidia...
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'Elcaro Nosille' wrote:
I've got a Gigabyte-board with an Intel P35 chipset and I get a higher
throughput and a lower latency in memory-bandwith and lower latency
when using a 1:1.2 multiplier...
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'bob johnson' wrote:
I have this same MB and 4GB of this ram:

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16820231098

Vista is giving me a 4.8 rating (lowest one) and I wondered if...
Forum: Overclocking March 2nd 08, 03:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'Elcaro Nosille' wrote:
Not with today's chipsets. I've testet different ratios with my
Core II Extreme (non-locked multiplier) and I found that a awry
multiplier of 1:1.2 (1333/333MHz FSB and...
Forum: Overclocking February 28th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'Fishface' wrote:
No, the moral of the story is that not all stories have morals.

Always run Memtest before you even *think* about installing the operating
system.
_____

"No, the moral of...
Forum: Overclocking February 28th 08, 02:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 36
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - RAM?

'bornfree' wrote:
Gigabyte GA-P35 DS3P - What RAM would you recommend?

Someone told me this motherboard is "really fast", so it should have
fast ram. What do you think?
_____

You should...
Forum: Overclocking February 27th 08, 03:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 4
Posted By Phil Weldon[_3_]
Question About a Risky BIOs Flashing

'Shadow Tek' wrote:
I have an MS-7093 motherboad that I got with an HP PC. The HP BIOs
version is stripped all to hell, with nothing more left than the
absolute minimum settings.

Would it be...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21