Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.67 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert McMillan[_2_]
Forum: Dell Computers July 16th 08, 02:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Getting through to dell support - anyone help ?

I have not however seen to online chat option on the support page -
either ive missed it or they dont offer it for Australian customers.
I'll go back and have a look.

Just had a look on the...
Forum: Dell Computers July 15th 08, 10:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Getting through to dell support - anyone help ?

Given that laptop batteries only have 1 year of warranty regardless of the
system warranty you are likely to need a new battery from Dell spare parts.
I believe they have a direct phone number but...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 8th 08, 12:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Multiple monitors

1) Have a videocard on the mobo and a dual card

The cheapes solution would be the first option, I think. However I have
read somewhere that when you put a videocard in the mobo, the...
Forum: Intel June 28th 08, 04:23 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 11
D975XBX2 + 8 GB RAM = unstable :-(

"Russell" wrote in message
I'm trying to get 8 GB to run stable with a D975XBX2 motherboard with
Vista 64
and so far...
Forum: Dell Computers June 20th 08, 03:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Inspiron 530 "underclocked"?

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"Robert McMillan" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers June 20th 08, 01:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Inspiron 530 "underclocked"?

"Amiga" wrote in message
Hello!
CPU-Z reads the core 2 quad q6600 at 1.6Ghz most of the time.
Multiplier is 6....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 13th 08, 08:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
8800GT cards too thick!?

Rivatuner (software) can monitor the temperature of the card, at least in
the single card 8800gts configuration i am using.
HTH
Robert

wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 8th 08, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Dual Monitor Usage

You dont need to open windows on that monitor, you can move them accross
from the other monitor. Select an open program on the first monitor, if it
is maximised then press the restore icon (next to...
Forum: Dell Computers April 29th 08, 09:28 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
How large of a power supply do Inspiron 530s come with?

Cant remember the numbers off the top of my head but it is dependent on the
cpu you choose. More powerfull cpu's, eg Q6600 come with a bigger power
supply. Some one else will probably quote the...
Forum: Dell Computers April 8th 08, 06:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Inspiron Video Card again

http://forums.slickdeals.net/showpost.php?p=9458416&postcount=1
Just read this post where someone has put the 8800GT into an Inspiron 530.
Post has pictures and also states that they upgraded the...
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Video Card Recomendations Inspiron 530

"Fixer" wrote in message

"ZaXXoN" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 08, 10:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

"Journey" wrote in message
On Sat, 08 Mar 2008 05:24:22 -0500, Tony Harding
wrote:

Robert McMillan...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 08, 05:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

Sigh. No sweat, but here is a new problem. There is no toggle for
the Intel cpu virtualization extensions in BIOS, so Hyper-V will not
work under Windows 2008 Server. Damn Dell, stop...
Forum: Dell Computers April 3rd 08, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

Thanks for letting us know that it works with server 2008, which i believe
is the same code base as vista 64 so hopefully that also works. I think all
the reports of it not working even with 64bit...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 2nd 08, 09:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Rivatuner 2.08 on 8800

"johns" wrote in message
What were your settings ? I would like to quieten
this thing as much as...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 1st 08, 07:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 7
Rivatuner 2.08 on 8800

"johns" wrote in message
Looks like this thing can override the card BIOS, and
control fan speed...
Forum: Dell Computers March 27th 08, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Win XP SP3.........re-released?

I have had the Beta RC2 installed for a month now with no problems.
Robert

"Juan Kerr" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers March 26th 08, 03:43 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Dell Widescreen UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" LCD

I have the option to pick one of these 24" monitors up second hand. It is a
2006 model, no warranty remaining and has 1 dead pixel 1cm from the bottom,
4cm from the left. I can buy a new Samsung...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 25th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 50
LCD larger size -- what for ??

wrote in message

Shawk wrote:
Backspace wrote:
Ant wrote:

Heh, that is why I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 25th 08, 05:07 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 73
LCD larger size -- what for ??

wrote in message

Shawk wrote:
Backspace wrote:
Ant wrote:

Heh, that is why I...
Forum: Dell Computers March 23rd 08, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

For anyone who was following this thread Dell has released a bios update to
the Inspiron 530.

Systems: Dell Insprion 530/530s
Version: 1.0.12
Build Date: 03/01/2008

Fixes/Enhancements:
1. Add...
Forum: Intel March 20th 08, 03:17 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 14
How hard to run BOINC?

I would be more woried about the hard drive in the laptop if you are running
the cpu hard. All that heat affects other components too because of the lack
of airflow. I have seen several laptop...
Forum: Dell Computers March 20th 08, 02:21 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
D630 Question

If you have Dell Quickset installed i believe the power saving modes can be
adjusted through that, otherwise I believe they can also be changed in the
BIOS (F2 at bootup if i remember correctly)....
Forum: Dell Computers March 5th 08, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

"S.Lewis" wrote in message

"WSZsr" wrote in message
Forum: Dell Computers March 5th 08, 12:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Inspiron 530 Desktop 4gb ram limit

A friend of mine recently purchased one of these off the outlet with quad
core cpu and 4gb ram and the intention of installing Vista 64 and possibly
upgrading to 8gb ram. Reading some reviews on...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25