Showing results 1 to 19 of 19
Search took 0.99 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: oldwolf[_2_]
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors August 4th 08, 08:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 1
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
empolyment

Why?? You cant even spell properly.
wrote in message
please send a news to me! thanks.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 29th 08, 03:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 31
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Nvidia 175.19's pulled

One sites review...........

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=194&Itemid=1

There a couple more I cant think of at the minute. (not on the same computer
I was...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 29th 08, 03:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 31
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Nvidia 175.19's pulled

The above drivers are no longer available from the Nvidia website.
Seems they had a slight problem with them, ie. reduced frames in testing and
benches.
They have left the 175.16's available, even...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 21st 08, 09:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 11
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Will a HD3870 x2 card work, as x2, in a MB without a Crossfire Chipset?

Have a look here.

http://www.techpowerup.com/printreview.php?id=/HIS/HD_3870_X2

They used the Gigabyte P35C-DS3R *NON* SLI/Crossfire motherboard.

Hope this helps.
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 10th 08, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Zalman time for BFG 8800 GT OC

About to install one on my 8800GTS 320mb.
Had to get the ZM-RHS88 heatsinks for it also.
Will probably do it on the weekend.
Currently 40C outside, which means it is about 35C inside. (no...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 1st 08, 10:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Who is SLI best for?

SLI is only good for games, will not have any effect on 3d apps.
And as far as I know there is nothing wrong with Nvidia boards as against
Intel boards.

"Tony G" wrote in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 11th 07, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
How to figure out what runs under Win2K

wrote in message
On the labels for their games, Microsoft now has "XP or Vista" for
supported OS's. Generally,...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors August 11th 07, 03:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Brisbane vs. the world

Brisbane chips are pretty good, but be aware that the temp monitoring on
them, (not the windsor or others), is stuffed.
Check the AMD...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors August 6th 07, 10:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 2
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Info ref Cleaning AMD socket

Are you reapplying thermal grease when you reseat it???

"Tony" wrote in message
Hi I started to get the dreaded blue...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 5th 07, 08:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 26
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
water cooling v. fan\heatsink

Thanks. Looks like a project I'd like to tackle. :)

Why did you stop using water cooling?

When it came time to upgrade I was working about 60-70 hours/wk and I
bought a Dell because I...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors August 5th 07, 08:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 20
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
water cooling v. fan\heatsink

Thanks. Looks like a project I'd like to tackle. :)

Why did you stop using water cooling?

When it came time to upgrade I was working about 60-70 hours/wk and I
bought a Dell because I...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 19th 07, 10:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 18
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Reasonable temps for an 8800GTS w/stock cooling?

why??

"DRS" wrote in message
"Kevin Weaver" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 14th 07, 01:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Someone help please?!?!?!

"G" wrote in message

"G" wrote in message
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors July 14th 07, 12:15 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 5
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Win98SE AM2 mATX board?

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 22:49:13 -0700, surface9 wrote:

Don't laugh! The only way I can install...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 4th 07, 12:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Over clocking tab under Vista

I missed that bit about vista.
I think you can use Ntune, but I think there is a reg file to allow the
classic control panel under vista. have a look on google for it. I only read
it about 2 days...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 4th 07, 09:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
Over clocking tab under Vista

You will have to reinstall coolbits 2.0 from here

"Wolfbane" wrote in message
I...
Forum: Ati Videocards June 29th 07, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
powercolor noisy fans

Had a couple of Powercolors, X850XT, and 6800 GS, both nice and quiet, no
problems with them at all.

"Augustus" wrote in message

Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 27th 07, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
7900GS-Clock too high?

I ended up with 555/824. 1500 is probably way too high. No way does a
card
pull double in different rigs.

He is doubling the memory speed, same as most people.
which would mean you are...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 27th 07, 06:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By oldwolf[_2_]
7900GS-Clock too high?

"don't look" don't wrote in message
I let the drivers detect optimal settings. Came up 566(450 default)...
Showing results 1 to 19 of 19