Showing results 1 to 25 of 126
Search took 1.18 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BC
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 17th 07, 04:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By BC
Thoughts about power supplies w/"modular cables"

Mastertone wrote:
Thanks for those who made great suggestions about a replace P/S for my
A8n-SLI Deluxe.

I think the PCPC power supplies are at the top, and I also liked the
OCZ as...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 16th 07, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By BC
replacement power supply on A8n-ALI

http://www.pcpower.com/home/

The best power supplies in the business, you do get what you pay for.

Dan

Concur with Dan P C Power and Cooling power supplies. They were
just bought...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors May 27th 07, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 5
Posted By BC
installing a new processor

tony pac wrote:
What is TIM ?

"Thermal Interface Material"

The best one, from various reviews, is Arctic Silver 5:

http://www.arcticsilver.com/as5.htm

However, saying that is not intended to...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 24th 07, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By BC
new motherboard recommendation

Joe101 here joining this string,
... I have another unused Windows XP license that I would like to use with the dual
core Athlon 64 X2, then eventually going to Vista (SE?). My question
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 21st 07, 05:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By BC
new motherboard recommendation

Jay Carpenter wrote:
Looks like I'm having some problems with my old (3.5 years old) Asus
motherboard. It's time to upgrade. I thought I would upgrade to a newer
Intel-based board.

I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 16th 07, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.mainboards.asus
Replies: 39
Posted By BC
Rebooted and my computer won't boot up.

RobV wrote:
Jim Davis wrote:

[snip]

I don't know what price range you might be interested in but I have a
CORSAIR CMPSU-620HX ATX12V and it rocks!
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 16th 07, 12:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 45
Posted By BC
Can a motherboard kill a hard drive?

Engelkott wrote:

Hi all!

I am writing this in almost desperation! In November 2005 i bought an
Asus P5GD1 board and all seemed well.

Today my 7th hard drive has failed and i can only...
Forum: Asus Motherboards April 3rd 07, 06:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 11
Posted By BC
T2-AE1 barebone - replacing PSU

Anita Roddick wrote:
This barebone only has a 200w PSU.
I need to replace it with something more powerful.

Problem is, a normal ATX PSU will not fit inside.
Standard size ATX is 15cm x...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 31st 07, 02:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BC
What pci-e gfx card for Asrock 775DUAL-VSTA?

007 wrote:

"Venom" wrote in message

"Stuart Rogers" wrote in message
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 30th 07, 03:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BC
P5W-DH Deluxe versions?

Dave Smith wrote:
I've been thinking about building a comp around the P5W-DH
Deluxe/E6600 combo. In today's Fry's ad, just that combo is listed as
a package for $521, a pretty good price. I'm...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 23rd 07, 12:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BC
New Chassis and P/S for my P5B Deluxe?

Steven Hilgendorf wrote:
Hello,

I'm looking for a mid-tower chassis and power supply for my new P5B
Deluxe system. Currently I have an ElanVital (ASUS) T-10 full size
chassis, which is...
Forum: Overclocking March 9th 07, 05:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 7
Posted By BC
compaq support????

nntp.nildram.co.uk wrote:
my Compaq started playing up and the only way round it was to reinstall
XP from the recovery disc. I got that working ok but I cant find the
drivers for sound, lan...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 8th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By BC
P5W DH Deluxe, P5B Deluxe, What's the practical difference?

Paul wrote:

If you are doing something for which the correctness of the computed
result is important (your income taxes), then having ECC is one more
mechanism to detect problems. If the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 8th 07, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 6
Posted By BC
P4P800 SE USB ports fried, ICH5

Brad P wrote:
"BigJim" wrote in message
I think you are a little off for the price of a pci card

Forum: Asus Motherboards February 26th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By BC
What 2 gb DIMM modules for M2N32-SLI?

Nag Champa wrote:
What 2 gb sized DIMM modules will work in the Asus M2N32-SLI board,
and where can I buy them?

(Looking to install 8 gb of...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 21st 07, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By BC
System freeze when starting broadband connection

broncomaniac wrote:
I hope somebody can help me with a problem I have been experiencing
for a few months. It occurs only when I open a broadband connection. A
few seconds after the connection...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 21st 07, 03:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By BC
Which ASUS Motherboard Please

Barry Watzman wrote:

The Intel stock heat sink/fan is fine, no premium after market cooler is
needed, although check that the heatsink bottom is truly flat ...
apparently there have been...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 18th 07, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 21
Posted By BC
Which ASUS Motherboard Please

Young Mandy wrote:

I am a little out of touch with the latest processors, motherboards and ram.
In the past I have built a few PC's for my college friends always using
Gigabyte motherboards...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 17th 07, 04:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By BC
Building a new Box - Review hardware picks

Faraway wrote:
Thnkas for the reply. Can you take a look at what Ive listed to see if I
forgetting anything or any compatibilty issues. Opinions are welcome too.
Thnaks!

Heres what my...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 17th 07, 05:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By BC
Building a new Box

Forgot video:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?item=N82E16814125036

$80...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 17th 07, 05:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By BC
Building a new Box

Faraway wrote:
Thanks for the info...I've been perusing NewEgg for a few days. Any
specific opinion on the ones you've suggested? What M'board do you run?

Dear Faraway,

two Tyan boards, two...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 16th 07, 04:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 7
Posted By BC
Building a new Box

Faraway wrote:
Hello group..

I need some advice on hardware to build a new box. I've built quite a few
machines for myself but have been out of touch with new architeccture. My
old...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors February 14th 07, 03:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 5
Posted By BC
AMD Athlon 64 Orleans

L_B_F wrote:
As best I can tell - most sources believe this chip to have
virtualization support.

Yet Newegg lists them with specs that indicate the support is not
present. I contacted...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 12th 07, 03:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By BC
Video card question

LA45 wrote:
Can anyone provide me with some video card suggestions? Mine, an ATI/Radeon
9800 128M Pro, is going south and will need to be replaced very soon. I've
always had some minor...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 126