Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.31 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Robert Myers
Forum: Intel October 4th 12, 05:50 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Myers
Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was:willMIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 9:07:35 AM UTC-4, Trent wrote:

Don't forget non-existent line wrapping. What a mess the latest GG posting
server is...

If you have a problem with Google, write a...
Forum: Intel October 4th 12, 05:15 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Myers
Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was:willMIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

On Thursday, October 4, 2012 8:58:47 AM UTC-4, Intel Guy wrote:

Get a grip Robert. I'm only trying to help - and to improve on the
dammage that google-groups does by encouraging people to...
Forum: Intel October 3rd 12, 05:29 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Myers
Why is quoted material being double-spaced from google? (was:will MIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??)

On Wednesday, October 3, 2012 10:24:35 AM UTC-4, Intel Guy wrote:
Robert Myers (a google-groper) wrote:

Thost that are brain-dead enough to experience usenet through google
probably are...
Forum: Intel October 1st 12, 05:12 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Myers
will MIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??

On Sunday, September 30, 2012 1:11:12 PM UTC-4, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 28/09/2012 6:10 PM, Robert Myers wrote:

Hardly. About 50% of Intel's profits were coming from notebook chips
Forum: Intel September 28th 12, 11:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 8
Posted By Robert Myers
will MIcrosoft's sinking drag down Intel ??

On Monday, June 11, 2012 1:23:58 AM UTC-4, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 10/06/2012 7:01 AM, Intel Guy wrote:

But - the post didn't seem particularly troll-ish.

How much of Intel's...
Forum: Intel November 1st 11, 08:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Myers
reason for AMD's Bulldozer fiasco?

On 30 oct, 23:03, Yousuf Khan wrote:

Another problem with the design seems to be that AMD designed their very
own Pentium 4-concept processor. That is, it's highly...
Forum: Intel October 30th 11, 04:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Myers
reason for AMD's Bulldozer fiasco?

On Oct 21, 8:19*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 21/10/2011 9:47 AM, Orson Cart wrote:

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/cpu/display/20111013232215_Ex_AMD_Engine...

Forum: Intel June 12th 11, 04:06 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Myers
Will CPU receive all the IPI without any missing?

On Jun 10, 4:48*am, Steven Zhou wrote:
Hi All,

CPC (Cross Processor Call) in our project is implemented based on IPI.
It means if CPU A wants CPU B to do something,...
Forum: Intel May 25th 11, 01:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Myers
Intel's new 3D transistors will leave competiton for dead

On May 24, 10:57*am, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
If and when it becomes clear that ARM is a significant player in
problems of interest to me, maybe I'll take...
Forum: Intel May 20th 11, 06:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Myers
AMD Bulldozer - arrives what decade?

On May 20, 8:32*am, Kulin Remailer wrote:
I know some peoples are already beta testing the buggers

but the release date seems to slip a quarter every month

or...
Forum: Intel May 20th 11, 06:36 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Myers
Intel's new 3D transistors will leave competiton for dead

On May 15, 9:57*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 15/05/2011 1:07 PM, Robert Myers wrote:

It's true. *No one knows how any particular technology will play out.
I'm...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 11, 03:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.sci.physics,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Myers
CFM calculator to get rid of HEAT (TDP or WATTS)

On May 19, 2:03*am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
I would use it to test the airflow of the case itself, not necessarily the
tiny little processor ;)

Just to see if the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 19th 11, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.sci.physics,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Myers
CFM calculator to get rid of HEAT (TDP or WATTS)

On May 18, 8:33*pm, wrote:

* * * * So you think 1,000 CFM, requiring a 2.5 - 3 HP motor, might be
excessive for a desktop computer ? :-)

Heat transfer is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 18th 11, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.sci.physics,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design,sci.engr.heat-vent-ac
Replies: 37
Posted By Robert Myers
CFM calculator to get rid of HEAT (TDP or WATTS)

On May 18, 8:35*am, "Skybuck Flying" wrote:
Yeah,

I heared about these motherfokkers too:

Forum: Intel April 12th 11, 07:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Myers
vmware only uses hardware assist on intel?

http://www.vmware.com/files/pdf/VMware_paravirtualization.pdf

"Due to high hypervisor to guest transition overhead and a rigid
programming model, VMware’s
binary translation approach currently...
Forum: Intel April 10th 11, 08:19 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 0
Posted By Robert Myers
how can a newer processor have worse L1 cache?

On 4/6/2011 9:17 AM, Anne Onime wrote:
I have seen many peoples castigating the Prescott compared to
the Northwood P4. We had a stretch of rainy days, so I tested
some old PCs - I had a draw...
Forum: Intel March 23rd 11, 10:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 2
Posted By Robert Myers
AMD Fusion is not even a joke, it's a teeny-weeny snivel and whimper

On Mar 23, 4:53*pm, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 20/03/2011 9:55 AM, Anne Onime wrote:

If they were a Japanese company, they would have
killed themselves out of...
Forum: Intel March 5th 11, 03:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Myers
New Itanium info

On Mar 4, 10:23*pm, daytripper wrote:

Ok, I got you. And that's a concept that has been pitched often - usually as a
bridge solution - but actual implementations...
Forum: Intel March 5th 11, 01:56 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Myers
New Itanium info

On Mar 4, 6:54*pm, daytripper wrote:
On Fri, 4 Mar 2011 15:03:54 -0800 (PST), Robert Myers
wrote:
[...]

If this chip really were...
Forum: Intel March 4th 11, 11:03 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 5
Posted By Robert Myers
New Itanium info

On Feb 25, 10:13*am, Bill Davidsen wrote:
Some new Itanium info is out,http://goo.gl/vBg63gives details on the eight
core 32nm version of the chip just announced.

That is by...
Forum: Intel February 24th 11, 05:13 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Myers
Intel's CPU naming is effed up

On Feb 22, 9:41*am, Anonymous wrote:
they bought out the i5/i3 and also a mutation of i7, what is
really closer to i5. they shoulda called it i5+ maybe?

And...
Forum: Intel February 18th 11, 01:44 AM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 4
Posted By Robert Myers
hyperthreading CPU benchmark joke

On Feb 17, 8:11*am, Yousuf Khan wrote:
On 13/02/2011 7:51 AM, Orson Cart wrote:

* I tried this benchmark suite called INQUISITOR on an
old Pentium 4 (with...
Forum: Intel February 1st 11, 03:48 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Myers
P67/H67 recall

On Jan 31, 6:39*pm, "Jim" wrote:
http://newsroom.intel.com/community/intel_newsroom/blog/2011/01/31/in...
The SATA2 ports are defective (SATA3 are fine). *This what, the 3rd...
Forum: Overclocking January 13th 11, 04:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,comp.sys.intel
Replies: 1
Posted By Robert Myers
Overclocking so easy even your grandma can do it

On Jan 13, 6:15*am, "Jim" wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GR5_X1CfUA
A schizo Intel ad on OCing that tells you how easy it is while at the end in
not quite fine print...
Forum: Intel December 17th 10, 06:10 PM Posted to comp.sys.intel
Replies: 3
Posted By Robert Myers
upgrade: Core 2 versus dual Pentium?

On Dec 17, 7:24*am, "Orson Cart" wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
s.

You haven't really provided enough information. *Intel has called
so
many...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500