Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 3.70 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: don't look[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 07, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By don't look[_2_]
computer starts then stops then starts again etc

Is that a 330 W power supply?I believe the 8800 GTX needs something beefier.

"Paul" wrote in message ...
scully wrote:
bit of a weird one
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 28th 07, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By don't look[_2_]
7900GS-Clock too high?

Thanks,Pretty much what I was thinking.So far I've run imto trouble with
Google Earth Pro. Crashes to desktop. But Quake 4 is running perfect.Google
Earth is running DirectX and Quake4 is running...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 27th 07, 04:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By don't look[_2_]
7900GS-Clock too high?

I let the drivers detect optimal settings. Came up 566(450 default) core and
1540(1320 default) mem.What do you all think?
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 22nd 07, 10:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 21
Posted By don't look[_2_]
New system won't post

Try using one ram stick only.

"Matty Anderson" wrote in message
Yesterday I assembled a new system:
Biostar NF4U AM2G mobo
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 07, 07:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By don't look[_2_]
I cannot uninstall the nv drivers!

What's wrong with using Control Panel uninstall?
There won't be anything "extra" left over after you install updated
drivers.If you were switching to an ATI card then a registry cleaner would
be...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 07, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 1
Posted By don't look[_2_]
latest drivers (may07) for 6 and 7 series not digitally signed?

Most video drivers are not "certified" to run on XP.The ones that are are
labled WHQL.No biggie.

"Pete" wrote in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 21st 07, 02:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 9
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Video card blocking pci slots.

Correct. Void.But what choice do you have? Who's going to tell them you
switched heatsinks when you can just replace the original if you need to?

"Kevin Weaver" ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 07, 02:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Confused: 965P, 650i, 680i or P35 ?

There's no reason you can't use an SLI board like the 680i.They are just
fine with one video card.
64 bit OS is a big mistake.It's not necessary and it's not mature enough...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 21st 07, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By don't look[_2_]
low prices on RAM

Gotta love $20 shipping on an ounce of ram.LOL!!

"Balsario" wrote in...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors June 21st 07, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 5
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Games Upgrade

8800GTS OR GTX.

"Robin Gordon" wrote in message
Which is the best upgrade;
Ati x850XT PE - Nvidia 8800 GTS or GTX
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 10th 07, 12:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Giving up on ATI ... need help with Nvidia

$100-$120 won't get you a video card fast enough to play newer games like
FEAR and Oblivion.
The Nvidia 7900GS can be had for around $150.Lots of life left in it even
though is not a DX10...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 07, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By don't look[_2_]
power up with keyboard

"Ian D" wrote in message
The first question is, is your keyboard receiver connected by USB
or PS/2 connection, or if by...
Forum: Overclocking June 9th 07, 11:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By don't look[_2_]
12v jumping from 11.64 to 11.71

"Phil, Non-Squid" wrote in message
Phil Weldon wrote:
'don't look' wrote:
| Sorry,.By "jumping"I meant every couple to several...
Forum: Overclocking June 9th 07, 11:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 3
Posted By don't look[_2_]
A few questions regarding RAM

"Simeon Maxein" wrote in message
Hi all.

I'm currently looking into buying some new RAM for my Notebook (Core2
Duo at...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 9th 07, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By don't look[_2_]
power up with keyboard

"Frank McCoy" wrote in message
In alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt John Doe
wrote:

"don't...
Forum: Overclocking June 9th 07, 01:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking

"Phil Weldon" wrote in message
'don't look' wrote:
| According to my motherboards' software overclocking...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 9th 07, 01:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By don't look[_2_]
power up with keyboard

I took the plunge an finally updated my ancient 101 keyboard with a nice new
wireless with tons of functions.
I've been able to set it up to shut off with the "power key" but I'd also
like to power...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 9th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 54
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Many people ordering BIOS chips for A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Crap.I've Flashed 100 bios' on several brands of motherboard in the last 20
years. Not a single one ever went wrong.I blame 99% of bad flashes on user
ignorance.

"Skybuck" ...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 84
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Many people ordering BIOS chips for A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Crap.I've Flashed 100 bios' on several brands of motherboard in the last 20
years. Not a single one ever went wrong.I blame 99% of bad flashes on user
ignorance.

"Skybuck" ...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 9th 07, 12:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design,nl.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 42
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Many people ordering BIOS chips for A8N32-SLI Deluxe

Crap.I've Flashed 100 bios' on several brands of motherboard in the last 20
years. Not a single one ever went wrong.I blame 99% of bad flashes on user
ignorance.

"Skybuck" ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By don't look[_2_]
shutdown during startup

You ran your cpu without a heatsink? Not good. But what you might want to
try is first,re-seat ram and cards in their slots.Something may have jogged
loose. Second,rmove non essential hardware from...
Forum: Overclocking June 7th 07, 10:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 5
Posted By don't look[_2_]
12v jumping from 11.64 to 11.71

According to my motherboards' software overclocking utilty(Superstep) the
12V line doesn't look good.All the others(3,3v,5v) etc. are stable.This is
at idle.
Mobo is Winfast NF4UKAA-8EKRS w/2gb...
Forum: Storage (alternative) June 3rd 07, 04:30 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 2
Posted By don't look[_2_]
unusual HD icon with green markings

Kinda hard to see.But if it's got a green arrow then it's normal.Although
mine is located in my Quicklaunch(Windows 2000/sp4) at the bottom right.It's
an icon for a hot swappable SATA drive(I think)....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 3rd 07, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By don't look[_2_]
Is it possible to return defective hardware directly to Asus ?

If your reseller won't/can't handle an RMA then Asus must if it's a retail
board.Box,manual etc..All manufactureers have warranties on their products.
If it's an oem board you're stuck with the place...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 3rd 07, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt