Showing results 1 to 25 of 53
Search took 0.08 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Clint
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 06, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By Clint
Vista (and discussion of Toshiba A105 vs. Dell E1505)

In the past (AFAIK), the only difference between the upgrade and regular
version was during the installation, where it would check the HD and/or
request a valid disk. Technically, there would have...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 06, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By Clint
Extended Warranties Unwarranted, Except For Apple's

The way I read it, the Apple Extended warranty was worthwhile because the
standard warranty was only 90 days. So if you have a crappy initial
warranty, then the extended warranty is a good deal. ...
Forum: Dell Computers November 17th 06, 07:25 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Clint
WXGA plus

There's a bunch of other Fn-* keys; check out your manual. Not all the
graphics are obvious.

--
Clint
(removing mysocks for e-mail)

RnR wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers November 17th 06, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Clint
WXGA plus

Fn-Up arrow and Fn-Down Arrow.

--
Clint
(removing mysocks for e-mail)

RnR wrote in message ...
On this screen, is there...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 06, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 61
Posted By Clint
Urgent! College Student's Dead i6000 Battery?

If you haven't checked already, see if the battery was covered by the Great
Sony Battery Recall of 2006. You might be able to swing a free one that
way.

Clint

--
Clint
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 06, 06:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

That's cool! I didn't know they worked like that.

Clint

--
Clint
(removing mysocks for e-mail)

"Tom Scales" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 06, 03:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By Clint
Managing Passwords- UGH !

AFAIK, something like a fingerprint reader isn't going to help you. Those
will help with logging you in to Windows, but not all the different Internet
services that you use.

You can buy software...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 06, 10:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By Clint
Refurbished XPS 700

That probably is an Intel Pentium 4 640 processor, which is like the D940
(or 840, depending on how much cache it has), but without the dual core.

Using Tom Scale's tool, you'd see that the E6600...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 06, 10:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By Clint
Refurbished XPS 700

Personally, I would stick in a 7200rpm 320 to 750GB drive for those things
you want to store, but don't need at super speed. The Raptors as cool, but
the cost per gigabyte is ridiculous for...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 06, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By Clint
Refurbished XPS 700

BTW, I didn't notice the "refurbished" part in your original title. You
probably don't have many options as far as what OS is included, or upgrading
to Vista. Sorry.

Clint

"Clint"...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 06, 09:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 30
Posted By Clint
Refurbished XPS 700

Some thoughts...

1) Don't know what specs your XPS Gen5 system has, so I can't comment much
on it. But this system should kick the butt of most machines older than
about 8 months (pre Core 2...
Forum: Dell Computers November 2nd 06, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Clint
Inspiron - Screen upgrade

Bummer. I've seen both, and in the right environment, the TL is nice. But
I think the reflections would drive me nuts.

I think the TL isn't as prevalent on the business machines, at least. But...
Forum: Dell Computers November 1st 06, 03:55 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By Clint
Inspiron 8200 CPU change

Sure. You just need a delicate touch with the sledgehammer to get it to fit
in the socket...

Clint

"Tom Scales" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 30th 06, 08:29 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Clint
(OT) Laptop for video editing: Recommendation Needed.

So how do you justify going from the $600 laptop up to the $2000 laptop?
How do you show that a faster processor is worth the money? How do you
demonstrate that the upgrade from 512MB of RAM to...
Forum: Dell Computers October 30th 06, 05:33 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By Clint
(OT) Laptop for video editing: Recommendation Needed.

Keep in mind that the initial purchase price of a computer is a relatively
small part of the TOC. Let's say the Mac costs $1000 more than an
equivalent Dell; over a 2 year lifespan that's only...
Forum: Dell Computers October 23rd 06, 07:18 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Hum
Posted By Clint
Hum

Teach it the words...

Clint

wrote in message
My Dimension E510, when not virtually silent, will start
vibrating/humming...
Forum: Dell Computers October 20th 06, 05:07 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Clint
Axim X51v printing via bluetooth

That looks correct. You can also try the microsoft.public.pocketpc
newsgroup.

I have an Axim X51v, but I've never tried printing from it.

Clint

"Tom Scales" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 19th 06, 09:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Clint
XPS 410 RAID

Should just be a matter of plugging it in, making sure it's recognized in
the BIOS, then use the Disk Management (Start - Control Panel -
Administrative Tools -Computer Management - Disk...
Forum: Dell Computers October 18th 06, 06:13 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 6
Posted By Clint
(OT) Most reliable notebooks and desktops available, last couple of years?

I laughed the other day at an MS training opportunity. We were using Sony
laptops, and there was a big sticker on the top of it, that said something
like:

"For your protection and convenience, we...
Forum: Dell Computers October 18th 06, 02:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 26
Posted By Clint
Dell's XPS700 build your own

Thanks for the feedback on that. Sounds like a sweet system. You suck! :)

BTW, how's the noise level on it?

Clint

"Sparky Spartacus" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 17th 06, 10:22 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Clint
battery needs replacing - (maybe)

Get the numbers off the top. Up here we have a Radio Shack, or "The
Source". Staples or Office Depot should have them, as well. Basically, the
same places that sell calculator...
Forum: Dell Computers October 16th 06, 08:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Clint
problems with drive refreshes after M$ updates ?

Don't know if this will help or not, but here you go:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/ms06-oct.mspx

Clint

"S.Lewis" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers October 16th 06, 02:49 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 8
Posted By Clint
Dell installment plan

While I might normally agree with you, the original question was about the
financing, and why he couldn't take on another system through the financing.
Seems that the Dell Finance team would be the...
Forum: Dell Computers October 3rd 06, 03:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 27
Posted By Clint
Questions about setting up a wireless network at home.

As someone else pointed out, do make sure you either configure the security
options or understand that other people outside your house may have access
to your network and Internet connection. By...
Forum: Dell Computers September 29th 06, 07:20 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By Clint
Upgrade Pentium on DIM2400?

While you might be able to squeeze in a 3.0GHz processor into the machines,
the "bang-for-buck" really isn't there. A 25% increase in processor speed
won't be terribly noticeable.

What kind of...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 53