Showing results 1 to 25 of 41
Search took 0.15 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: shegeek72[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 11th 10, 06:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 46
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
I may be switching from FF to IE

On Jun 10, 7:22*am, Mike Easter wrote:
And you decided to post this piece of information into the two groups
alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt + alt.fan.mozilla instead of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 10th 10, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.fan.mozilla
Replies: 46
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
I may be switching from FF to IE

As much as I hate to say it, I may be switching from Firefox (v3.6.3)
to IE8. Why? I'm getting tired of getting 'you need to install a
missing plugin.' Then when I hit install I get 'install...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 10, 05:31 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 13
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Favorite motherboard brand and why?

On Feb 16, 9:25*pm, John Doe wrote:
Please tell me what your favorite motherboard brand is and why you
like them. What are they best for?
Gigabyte and Asus. They are...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 10, 09:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Win7 compatibility assistant

On Feb 13, 10:23*pm, Kyle wrote:
I've got 64 bit... and there are lot of problems with old software.

I think the best is to have an XP for work, so you can use...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 12th 10, 04:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Win7 compatibility assistant

On Feb 10, 9:58*am, Windows7Guy Windows7Guy.
wrote:
Yes, correct, there is also XP compatibility mode as well. Albeit you
will need hardware that supports...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 4th 10, 07:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Win7 compatibility assistant

On Feb 2, 2:10*pm, Patty wrote:
Does that work with all versions of Windows 7?

I assume it does, though Win7 Ultimate has gone further with a Win XP
virtualization mode...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 29th 10, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Win7 compatibility assistant

Been using Win7 for about a month and am so far pleased.

If you are running XP and are on the fence about Win7, particularly
your older programs, it has a cool compatibility assistant. How it
works...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 29th 10, 07:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Your recommendations please

On Jan 28, 1:51*pm, "Jimbo2" wrote:
I would like to build a gaming pc and would appreciate some input on the
following components
Motherboard
CPU
Graphics card
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 19th 10, 10:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
CPU two cores or one core

On Jan 19, 7:50*am, "Ian D" wrote:
P4s only have single cores. *Pentium Ds are dual core. *Starting
with
the Prescott series, P4s have hyperthreading, (HT). *There is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 10, 09:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Building a core i7-based music workstation

On Jan 17, 4:09*pm, "Dave C." wrote:
I put the following system together for around $1800 (not including
monitor) about 6 mos. ago. I'm sure it would be cheaper today:
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 10, 08:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 15
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Building a core i7-based music workstation

On Jan 14, 11:38*pm, "Dave C." wrote:
* - Intel CPU [probably core i7]

Why? *They are so over-priced, they are ridiculous. *Compare a 3.2GHz
quad-core AMD Phenom II with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 10, 05:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Article: GodMode folders in Windows 7

Interesting.
http://blogs.techrepublic.com.com/window-on-windows/?p=1976&tag=nl.e132
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 10, 12:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

On Jan 16, 4:29*pm, wrote:
Things I don't like about WIN 7.

1. Taking away the Show Desktop icon in Quick Launch. Yeah it's wat the hell over in the right
most part of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 17th 10, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
My XP Machine is dying - HELP

On Jan 15, 10:49*am, wrote:
Thanks guys - appreciate your help. *What do you know about the
backwards compatibility of Windows 7 ? *Seems that's mostly the op sys
available on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 10, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
OT Google pulling out of China

On Jan 15, 9:01*pm, John Doe wrote:
Maybe that will stop China from contributing (massive amounts of
spam) to USENET. Probably wishful thinking.

If I was google I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 16th 10, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

On Jan 15, 5:56*pm, "Ian D" wrote:
Not possible. *Vista SP2 was released in May 2009, *Win 7 was
released in Oct 2009. * Is it Vista SP3? *Or, maybe it's XP SP4.
I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 10, 06:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
how many processes are active on your computer?

On Jan 15, 10:02*am, Trevor Smithson
wrote:
Just curious, seems like my systems have more running than I would've
expected. *My main work PC has 97 at the moment, and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 10, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Blue screen/Memory dump

On Jan 15, 6:18*am, "Rudy" wrote:
I'm running Win 2000 Pro with an athlon XP3200/400, Asus Mobo, 2 gig of ram
and a Quadro FX 3600 video card. It's about four years old...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 10, 06:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

On Jan 14, 9:18*pm, Bug Dout wrote:
So yeah, Win 7 is Vista SP2.

I have to disagree. From wikipedia:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7

"Windows 7 includes a number...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 15th 10, 02:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

On Jan 14, 9:13*am, Larc wrote:
Win7 largely continues taking away user options that Vista started. *Any
operating system that won't do what I want it to do and can't be...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 10, 06:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Is Win7 just Vista SP2?

I keep hearing this. However, I've read that Win7 is based on the MS
Server 2008 code base and Vista on Server 2003. I've also read
conflicting reports about the Win7 kernal. Some say it wasn't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 10, 09:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
Primary and secondary partitions

On Jan 12, 10:54*pm, Metspitzer wrote:
Because I have such a poor understanding of what I am doing, I can't
remember just what I did, but I think I tried making the whole...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 10, 09:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
need help with dual boot

Problem solved!

I noticed that there were some *ah hem* missing entries in the boot
loader for Vista. So I used easyBCD to remove the Vista entries, then
used bcdedit in cmd prompt (had to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 12th 10, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
need help with dual boot

On Jan 10, 4:24*am, "SteveH"
wrote:
The 7 install should have created a boot menu.

Yeah, that's what I thought.

I tried EasyBCD 1.7.2 with no luck. Then...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 10th 10, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By shegeek72[_2_]
what sorts of external peripherals do you have connected to yourcomputer?

On Jan 9, 4:52*pm, Trevor Smithson wrote:
We talk so much about PCs themselves, it's gotten me curious what
sorts of external accessories and brands of accessories...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 41