Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 3rd 06, 03:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Case fan question

Thank you both.
The side was coned and had no fan. I took the cone off since it would
interfere with the heatsink I will put on tomorrow. So I added a fan
from another case.

Thanks so much...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 3rd 06, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Case fan question

I have a new case. It has a small fan in the front to draw in aid.
Larger 120mm fan in back to blow out air. 610watt PSU has a fan in it
of course.

Adding CPU fan. Have Zalman but do not like it and...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 03:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Oh, yet another replacement. Perhaps so darn it.

Under load am getting a CPU temp with Core Temp of 78/75C. Perhaps
there is another brand board with 975 chipset (not sure what that buys
me though)...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Went into System BIOS of MSI and it said there was no CPU fan but I
have one and it is running. Must not recognize it.

The CPU temp in BIOS said it was 59C while Core temp program in Windows
XP went...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 02:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Thanks.
Downloaded Throttlewatch and it shows the correct speed at idle and at
8%. So I do not think it is throttling down.

MSI told me the mobo may have a bad DIGICELL chip. But when I read...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Well Thermal analysis tanked with an error message. Various MSI
utilities showed the same abnormal temperatures as Speedfan.
I will call up MSI tomorrow and see what gives as compared to the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 12:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Okay, I remounted the Zalman fan. I downloaded the Core Temp program
and it is showing about 42 C for each core at idle.

The damn Speedfan program (perhaps someone can try this) is showing
whacked...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 06, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Used thermal paste and will take apart Zalman and see if I can
reinstall with more paste to ensure it has an even fit. Hard to get it
right I read in the manual and to be careful.

Not sure why but...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 31st 06, 11:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 26
Posted By [email protected]
How hot should Core 2 Duo E6600 be in a desktop??

Just installed an MSI 975x Platinum Powerup mobo and a Zalman CPU
cooler in my case.
The only other fan in the case is on the low end Geforce 6600 card, a
small fan on the side of the case and a new...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 06, 06:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Question:

I assume by reading the above posts and a review that there probably is
enough clearance for a large Zalman CPU fan??

Is a MOBO easily installed or does it take a while? Be easy of all...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 06, 05:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Look great. been reading reviews. You can always find good and bad.
Lian-Li sounded good but so pricey... Some people have problems with
long (in length) power supplies hitting a top fan in a case....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 30th 06, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By [email protected]
Desire advice on Computer Cases Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x Motherboard?

Desire advice on Computer Cases, Computer Chassis to mount new MSI 975x
Motherboard?

I have an old case that has a cooling fan at top I had to remove due to
a new PSU I put in (610 watts). I am...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 27th 06, 06:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Do I even need a new cooling fan?

CPU boxed from Intel did not come with a fan--did not open it yet as I
am waiting on new Motherboard (2nd one from MSI since 1st did not
work-USB ports dead).

Ordered a new Power supply and fan and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 26th 06, 10:13 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Do I even need a new cooling fan?

Which CPU cooling fan would you recommend for an Intel LGA775 Core 2
Duo E6600 CPU or perhaps I do not even need a different one.

I have a fan I have used with a P4 3.0ghz CPU and am not sure if I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 26th 06, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Please help on bus speed and memory recommendations..

Excellent reply
Thank you
Patty

Barry Watzman wrote:
533MHz memory speed is ok, that's what the Core 2 Duo CPU will run at
synchronously by default. Running 666MHz memory will be asynchronous
Forum: Asus Motherboards October 26th 06, 07:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Please help on bus speed and memory recommendations..

I know this is an ASUS forum but thought this still would apply.

Bought this Motherboard: MSI 975X Platinum Powerup Edition
975X Platinum V.2(7246-020).

Windows XP.
I have a P4 CPU HT in it...
Forum: Printers October 7th 06, 06:34 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Have an HP Deskjet 5490 - do not want to install the 51mb software on other PC's

Yes-sorry, the 5940.

I figured it out. I just insert the CD and do an Add printer and let it
pick the drivers off the CD without installing the entire software.

Thanks
Patty

Forum: Printers October 7th 06, 06:29 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers

Bob Headrick wrote:
Forum: Printers October 7th 06, 06:29 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Have an HP Deskjet 5490 - do not want to install the 51mb software on other PC's

Yes-sorry, the 5940.

I figured it out. I just insert the CD and do an Add printer and let it
pick the drivers off the CD without installing the entire software.

Thanks
Patty

Bob Headrick wrote:
Forum: Printers October 7th 06, 01:27 AM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Have an HP Deskjet 5490 - do not want to install the 51mb software on other PC's

Have an HP Deskjet 5490 - do not want to install the 51mb software on
other PC's

Am sharing a printer with a few PC's. I rather not load the entire 51mb
file on a laptop. Loaded it on the...
Forum: General August 31st 06, 02:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Which Notebook to buy? Intel Centrino, Core DUO, Core Duo 2, AMD Turion, Single Core

Found a good deal. Was told Toshiba's may not hold up well so Compusa
is having a good sale this Labor Day weekend. I had them set aside a
Compaq Presario v5210us Notebook with AMD Turion...
Forum: General August 30th 06, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Which Notebook to buy? Intel Centrino, Core DUO, Core Duo 2, AMD Turion, Single Core

Thank you all. You gave me some good ideas. I will however wait a few
weeks since my daughter is bugging the heck out of me. She needs to
learn a little patience as well.

Sincerely
Patty
Paul...
Forum: General August 30th 06, 01:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Which Notebook to buy? Intel Centrino, Core DUO, Core Duo 2, AMD Turion, Single Core

My daughter is bugging me for a laptop. She has some money saved and I
will help with the rest. Basically all she needs it for is high school,
word processing, uploading pictures from her camera,...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23