Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: You Know Who ~
Forum: General February 1st 09, 04:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
need advice. wireless printer.

My main computer is directly connected to the internet by cable. I have a
combined router/modem unit. Have one computer upstairs connected wirelessly
and a lap top, also connected to the router /...
Forum: Printers February 1st 09, 04:07 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 1
Posted By You Know Who ~
need advice

My main computer is directly connected to the internet by cable. I have a
combined router/modem unit. Have one computer upstairs connected wirelessly
and a lap top, also connected to the router /...
Forum: General August 11th 07, 03:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
Mwave

I have found MWave to be very reliable.

--
ykw~
=====================================

Do you expect someone here to give you a guarantee?

--
=====================================
"Some people are born mediocre, some people achieve mediocrity, and
some people have mediocrity thrust...
Forum: General March 7th 07, 12:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By You Know Who ~
Get rid of nVidia icon in Tray?

you can do both in the windows control panel.

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````

I have seen motherboards keep their charge for more than 12 hours, so you
might not want to give up all too easily.
\Have you tried a motherboard re-set switch?

--...
Forum: General February 24th 07, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By You Know Who ~
NEC DVD Burner problems

I have had good results with Pionner and LiteOn burners. The pioneers are
more pricey, but I think they are worth it.

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````

Sounds like you need a lot of RAM for large photos and at least a decent
video board (that does matter if you plan to game a lot). Getting a
processor a few steps down from the "top' current one...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
only 31.2 gigs

got it solved, I had clip jumpered it by mistake
"If Stupidity got us into this mess, then why
can't it get us out?" - Will Rogers...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
drive not reading right

Thank you so much. I was going nuts on this, and you were exactly right. I
jumpered the thing to clip. All is working now.

Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
only 31.2 gigs

just installed a new Maxtor 200 gig drive, moved files using Seagate
program. But now, the old drive which was 140 gig, is reading as only 31.2
gigs. Bios reads the drive correctly. Using win xp...
Forum: General February 15th 07, 02:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
drive not reading right

just installed a new Maxtor 200 gig drive, moved files using Seagate
program. But now, the old drive which was 140 gig, is reading as only 31.2
gigs. Bios reads the drive correctly. Using win xp...
Forum: General February 14th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.
Replies: 10
Posted By You Know Who ~
Does USB "connector" = socket or plug or both?

Ah, a member of the top posting police. Why can't we call be smart like you
are?

=====================================
"If you make it idiot-proof
They'll make better idiots."

"MassiveProng"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 07, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.engineering.
Replies: 9
Posted By You Know Who ~
Does USB "connector" = socket or plug or both?

Ah, a member of the top posting police. Why can't we call be smart like you
are?

=====================================
"If you make it idiot-proof
They'll make better idiots."

"MassiveProng"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 07, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By You Know Who ~
SATA Interfaces

yes, you can use it, and yes, you will only get 1.5

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````
" It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy
it is to say 'I don't know'." W....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 14th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By You Know Who ~
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I think you are overanalyzing this. IF you dont go hog wild with
overclocking, and IF you use a good quality cpu fan (I might spring for
something more than the one that comes with the retail...
Forum: General February 14th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By You Know Who ~
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I think you are overanalyzing this. IF you dont go hog wild with
overclocking, and IF you use a good quality cpu fan (I might spring for
something more than the one that comes with the retail...
Forum: Overclocking February 14th 07, 02:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.overclocking,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 39
Posted By You Know Who ~
Does pentium d have heat issues?

I think you are overanalyzing this. IF you dont go hog wild with
overclocking, and IF you use a good quality cpu fan (I might spring for
something more than the one that comes with the retail...
Forum: General February 14th 07, 02:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By You Know Who ~
Laptop Problems

you may have to have the connector on the laptop replaced.

--
YKW~
`````````````````````````````````````````````
" It wasn't until late in life that I discovered how easy
it is to say 'I don't...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 07, 04:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By You Know Who ~
What intel based motherboard are good now?

Well, one of my puters is still running an old Athlon cpu for the past seven
years and it still does fine using an MSI board, but i don't know if an
Intel would last that long. I would not get an...
Forum: General February 10th 07, 04:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By You Know Who ~
Question about smell from old computer

I would suspect either the fan for the cpu or, more likely, the hard drive.
I doubt the smell will do you harm, but your hard drive may soon crash.

--...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 07, 01:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By You Know Who ~
What intel based motherboard are good now?

Everyone seems to have a favorite... my own top choices would be MSI and
DFI (the latter is great for stability, but not so great for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 10th 07, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By You Know Who ~
A New Power Supply

I have found this place to be a good source of long lasting psu
www.sparklepower.com/

"Not all who wander are lost" J.R.R....
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 6th 07, 03:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Posted By You Know Who ~
upgrade path?

I have thought about the Pentium D. Will look into it. I have decided to
order a video card today.
thanks

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message...
Forum: General February 6th 07, 07:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By You Know Who ~
need help with video card problem

Hi

Not sure what manual you are talking about, but generally speaking,. windows
prefers the plain vanilla basic video driver before you install a new one.

but I am wondering.... did you put the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 54