Showing results 1 to 25 of 441
Search took 6.68 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Noozer
Forum: General December 9th 07, 01:54 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By Noozer
Monitor questions

"void" wrote in message
I have a 7 year old computer with a Matrox Millennium G400 video card and a
17" CRT monitor. I can...
Forum: General December 9th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 28
Posted By Noozer
My case is hot enough to cook a turkey

I'm pleased to see someone else who has problems with the current trend of
side-entry HDD bays. I find it *significantly* impacts cooling, causes the
case to be wider (and/or necesitates the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 9th 07, 01:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By Noozer
My case is hot enough to cook a turkey

I'm pleased to see someone else who has problems with the current trend of
side-entry HDD bays. I find it *significantly* impacts cooling, causes the
case to be wider (and/or necesitates the...
Forum: General December 8th 07, 11:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Noozer
Looking for a power supply recommendation

"kony" wrote in message
On Sun, 9 Dec 2007 06:51:49 +1030, "Gilgamesh"
wrote:

You are designing...
Forum: General December 8th 07, 08:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 76
Posted By Noozer
Wooden PC

Wow. w_tom has no grasp. A bypass cap on the MB - a MB without it's ground
plane tied to chassis via the MB standoffs - cannot be in parallel with
the
DC power harness coming from the PSU....
Forum: General December 8th 07, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By Noozer
Just a crazy backup thought / discussion

That's what I said when 250GB externals were the norm, and now they are
filled with data... now a 50gb bluray disc would be nice for the job.

Optical disks really aren't great for backups. I've...
Forum: General December 7th 07, 03:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Noozer
Any source for Seagate Freeagent enclosures?

I really like the style of the Seagate Freeagent external drives, but I
don't need any more drives. Is there any source for the enclosures
without
drives?

FWIW, I picked up one of...
Forum: General December 6th 07, 02:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 26
Posted By Noozer
Just a crazy backup thought / discussion

"Rookie" wrote in message
"philo" wrote in
:

Burning DVD's...
Forum: General December 6th 07, 12:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Noozer
Problems mounting third HD in bay

wrote in message
I have a Micron PC with two Western Digital SATA hard drives in a Raid
0...
Forum: General December 4th 07, 12:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Noozer
USB port modification

wrote in message
Hello all,

I've searched and searched but cannot come up with a place to...
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 09:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 28
Posted By Noozer
16GB Flash Drives -- true or false?

I see all those 16 gigabytes usb flash drives on eBay, for example:
ebay is NOT the place to buy hardware...
I buy hardware from eBay couple times a years, and it can save quite a
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 06:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Noozer
Building a fast computer

"Charles" wrote in message
Hi guys,

I'm thinking about building myself a fast computer. I'd...
Forum: General December 3rd 07, 03:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Noozer
which monitor is better?

"rob" wrote in message
sorry about that

here are the fixed links

Forum: General December 3rd 07, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Noozer
External Hard Drives -- Question

Doesn't run from USB power though.

Which model?

500gig FreeAgent Desktop

Look on the base, near the front-right corner, see the embossed power
logo? Press it and hold it for a...
Forum: General December 2nd 07, 11:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 15
Posted By Noozer
which monitor is better?

"rob" wrote in message
which one is better

Forum: General December 2nd 07, 07:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Noozer
External Hard Drives -- Question

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message dA74j.81021$cD.76373@pd7urf2no "Noozer"
Forum: General December 1st 07, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Noozer
External Hard Drives -- Question

"DevilsPGD" wrote in message
In message p124j.8787$UQ1.722@pd7urf1no "Noozer"
Forum: General December 1st 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Noozer
External Hard Drives -- Question

"Debris" wrote in message
Hello,

I'm planning to invest in an external hard drive (desktop, not
portable) -- general...
Forum: General November 24th 07, 11:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By Noozer
Strange PC Performance

have been using Norton for more than three years and so far I have no
problems with these software since,therefore I can blame it for the
current peculiarity....

Norton is crap... It's been...
Forum: General November 10th 07, 12:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Noozer
IBM travelstar drives

Just wondering if the travelstar drives are prone to the same sudden
death
as the deskstar (deathstar) drives ? The drive in question that I'm
looking
at is a 40GB laptop drive,...
Forum: General November 9th 07, 03:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By Noozer
Basic question about processor speeds

"Lorenzo" wrote in message
Hi all,

I currently have Dell Dimension 3000 PC with Pentium 4 processor (2.8GHz)
256MB...
Forum: General November 5th 07, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Noozer
not all my memory being recognised - doh!

"simon humby" wrote

After a hard disk crash, a reinstall of XP and late night
(probably a bad idea) reset of the CMOS to it's defaults I'm
slowly clawing...
Forum: General November 3rd 07, 03:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Noozer
Tea + Dell

I have a 1 year old Dell Inspiron 6400 and decided to pour a full cup
of
fresh, just boiled tea over it. Sounds silly to mention it, but no milk
or
sugar, just a fresh...
Forum: General October 30th 07, 06:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Noozer
Can a Dead Battery...?

"Red Green" wrote in message
Grasping at straws that aren't even there question...

Anyone ever hear of a machine not...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 29th 07, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.games.video.sony-playstation3,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.games.video.sony-playstation2,alt.games.video.xbox,uk.games.video.playstation
Replies: 15
Posted By Noozer
PS3 misconceptions and spin

"R600" wrote in message
PS3 misconceptions and spin

You missed one glaring advantage that the PS3 has the the...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 441