Showing results 1 to 25 of 27
Search took 0.09 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: .[_6_]
Forum: General March 21st 18, 09:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By .[_6_]
? best newsgroup for XP?

On 3/21/2018 2:44 PM, news://news.aioe.org wrote:
Yes, I know this is basic stuff.

So I originally had Win10 running on a client's Compaq laptop. It was a bit
top heavy(and very buggy) so I...
Forum: General March 21st 18, 08:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By .[_6_]
? best newsgroup for XP?

On 3/21/2018 2:24 PM, Paul wrote:
news://news.aioe.org wrote:
Please help... I am in need of assistance to install XP after
formatting with Lubuntu Gparted

Forum: General March 21st 18, 06:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By .[_6_]
? best newsgroup for XP?

On 3/21/2018 11:33 AM, news://news.aioe.org wrote:
Please help... I am in need of assistance to install XP after formatting
with Lubuntu Gparted

Despite your not saying what the problem is ......
Forum: General August 26th 17, 04:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By .[_6_]
Hitatchi VCR Problems

On 8/25/2017 10:04 PM, . wrote:
On 8/25/2017 5:55 PM, Paul wrote:
. wrote:
On 8/25/2017 5:11 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/25/2017 5:03 PM, Paul wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
On...
Forum: General August 26th 17, 04:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By .[_6_]
Hitatchi VCR Problems

On 8/25/2017 5:55 PM, Paul wrote:
. wrote:
On 8/25/2017 5:11 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 8/25/2017 5:03 PM, Paul wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
On 8/22/2017 10:14 PM, Se7en wrote:
I...
Forum: General August 25th 17, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By .[_6_]
Hitatchi VCR Problems

On 8/25/2017 5:03 PM, Paul wrote:
John McGaw wrote:
On 8/22/2017 10:14 PM, Se7en wrote:
I bought a early 1980's-era Hitachi VCR (billed as a VTR...
Forum: General May 12th 17, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By .[_6_]
power supply connector replacement on Dell Inspiron 1545 powersupply?

On 5/12/2017 11:12 AM, R2D4 wrote:
Can anyone tell me what size or type of power connector is on the end of
the power supply for the Dell 1545? Mine has become intermittent and I
can...
Forum: General March 31st 17, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By .[_6_]
bluetooth USB adapter for Inspiron 1545 running Ubuntu 14.04?

On 3/31/2017 8:53 AM, R2D4 wrote:
I'd like to use a cheap, wireless bluetooth speaker close to where I use
my laptop and I would appreciate recommendations for a cheap USB
bluetooth adapter...
Forum: General March 22nd 17, 04:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By .[_6_]
External USB hard drive activity question

On 3/22/2017 10:42 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 3/22/2017 6:05 AM, Paul wrote:
wrote:
snip...

I hope it's not Locky, and just a silly MSFT OS bug.

Paul

Or it...
Forum: General February 6th 17, 08:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.os.windows-10,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By .[_6_]
wireless mouse not working

On 2/6/2017 12:02 PM, Johnny B Good wrote:
On Tue, 31 Jan 2017 07:51:05 -0500, Paul wrote:

Norm X wrote:
"mike" wrote
I once had a wireless mouse that only worked...
Forum: General February 6th 17, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By .[_6_]
motherboards

On 2/5/2017 2:01 PM, Bill Cunningham wrote:
I make this post in curiosity. My computer is getting a bit aged. But
still going :) Now a reasonable motherboard with a 32 bit processor, what
Forum: General December 25th 16, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By .[_6_]
Upgraded From SATA to M.2 SSD - Comparisons

On 12/25/2016 2:35 PM, Paul wrote:
. wrote:

But to reiterate,
what problems (if any) are YOU currently experiencing
with 7?

Go to Windows update after Patch Tuesday. Click
the...
Forum: General December 25th 16, 09:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By .[_6_]
Upgraded From SATA to M.2 SSD - Comparisons

On 12/25/2016 1:36 PM, Paul wrote:
. wrote:
On 12/25/2016 11:51 AM, Paul wrote:
If they cannot fix Windows Update,
what else can't they fix ? :-)

Paul

What problem are...
Forum: General December 25th 16, 07:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By .[_6_]
Upgraded From SATA to M.2 SSD - Comparisons

On 12/25/2016 11:51 AM, Paul wrote:
If they cannot fix Windows Update,
what else can't they fix ? :-)

Paul

What problem are you having with updates?
Forum: General December 7th 16, 02:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By .[_6_]
DVI -VGA ADAPTER QUESTION

On 12/6/2016 6:24 PM, wrote:
On Tue, 6 Dec 2016 17:38:33 -0600, "." wrote:

On 12/6/2016 5:31 PM, wrote:
I need a converter to enable me to...
Forum: General December 7th 16, 12:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By .[_6_]
DVI -VGA ADAPTER QUESTION

On 12/6/2016 5:31 PM, wrote:
I need a converter to enable me to connect my DVI PC to my VGA
monitor. Looks like the DVI is 18-pin whereas the converters I see
are all 24-pin. ...
Forum: General August 18th 16, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By .[_6_]
One more HP question

On 8/17/2016 9:24 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
Once upon a time on usenet Paul wrote:
[snipped]
On my Acer laptop, a day after I got it, I was prompted
to burn five DVDs, and those contain a factory...
Forum: General August 13th 16, 01:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By .[_6_]
One more HP question

On 8/12/2016 4:16 PM, Thip wrote:
I actually got Windows reloaded on this stupid HP p6 and it booted, but
I'm convinced the hard drive is failing fast. If I were to make an
image of the boot...
Forum: General August 8th 16, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By .[_6_]
Pavilion p6-2330

On 8/7/2016 4:16 PM, Thip wrote:
"." wrote in message ...
On 8/7/2016 2:57 PM, . wrote:
On 8/7/2016 2:44 PM, . wrote:
On 8/7/2016 12:30 PM,...
Forum: General August 7th 16, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By .[_6_]
Pavilion p6-2330

On 8/7/2016 2:57 PM, . wrote:
On 8/7/2016 2:44 PM, . wrote:
On 8/7/2016 12:30 PM, Thip wrote:
I'm trying to repair this for a friend. It goes to the W8 startup,
which whirls around for...
Forum: General August 7th 16, 08:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By .[_6_]
Pavilion p6-2330

On 8/7/2016 2:44 PM, . wrote:
On 8/7/2016 12:30 PM, Thip wrote:
I'm trying to repair this for a friend. It goes to the W8 startup,
which whirls around for several minutes and goes to a blank...
Forum: General August 7th 16, 08:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By .[_6_]
Pavilion p6-2330

On 8/7/2016 12:30 PM, Thip wrote:
I'm trying to repair this for a friend. It goes to the W8 startup,
which whirls around for several minutes and goes to a blank screen. The
easiest thing to...
Forum: General June 3rd 16, 09:53 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 26
Posted By .[_6_]
Make external drive sleep when PC sleeps

On 6/3/2016 1:26 PM, Micky wrote:

Does Maxtor still make drives, or is it just that Microcenter doesn't
sell them? What brand do you...
Forum: General June 1st 16, 04:43 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 26
Posted By .[_6_]
Make external drive sleep when PC sleeps

On 6/1/2016 12:16 AM, Micky wrote:
[Default] On Tue, 31 May 2016 17:36:38 -0500, in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.general "." wrote:

On 5/31/2016 3:03 PM, Micky wrote:
I would...
Forum: General May 31st 16, 11:36 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.hardware,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 26
Posted By .[_6_]
Make external drive sleep when PC sleeps

On 5/31/2016 3:03 PM, Micky wrote:
I would like the opposite of what an earlier OP wants. I'd like my
external drive to sleep when the computer sleeps, I guess mostly so
the drive won't wear...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 27