Showing results 1 to 15 of 15
Search took 0.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Heimo Hetl
Forum: Compaq Servers April 27th 08, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Proliant DL380 G3 random reboots

"just bob" kilbyfan@aoldotcom wrote:

The Windows event log gives no clues

What's in the server's IDL (Insight Diagnostic Log)? - The one
accessible from ROM / your Smartstart CD / the system...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 3rd 08, 11:17 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 5
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Anyone have a DL360 G2 to sell real cheap?

Phil wrote:

Hope you like talking to a brick wall, this board is "dead", at least so it
seems. I check it every now and then but all I see anymore is spam.

No spam here,...
Forum: Compaq Servers October 2nd 07, 11:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 11
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Problem installing NT 4 Server on DL380 G2

wrote:

I am getting a bluescreen installing NT 4 server on a Compaq Proliant
DL380 G2. The bluescreen message is "NO SYSTEM PTES". I installed the
SCSI 5300 driver...
Forum: Compaq Servers August 28th 07, 09:46 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 3
Posted By Heimo Hetl
OT request

Rick F wrote:

Anyway, I was looking for a good rock-solid gigabit
switch and rock-solid router.. I'm hoping to find a router that
can take the output from the gigabit...
Forum: Compaq Servers July 13th 07, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 2
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Solaris 10 on Proliant ML110G4?

Anyone ever tried Solaris 10 on a ML110G4 (Xeon 3040)? These are dirt
cheap in the moment and I'd like to have one as a test bed for some
applications. HP's bigger iron are certified for Solaris, but...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 23rd 07, 07:46 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 1
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Video problem with Linux on DL380

I don't know if this is a problem specific for Proliants, so maybe this
is slightly off topic, but I hope someone has encountered the same issue
before and has a solution:

I have an old DL380 (R1)...
Forum: Compaq Servers April 19th 07, 09:22 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 23
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Anyone has a SmartStart 6.40 CD to laying around?

Nut Cracker wrote:

[...] Can you give me a hint where I could get a new logic
board? The part no. is 252355-001. (I am in Austria, but any other EU
Forum: Compaq Servers April 18th 07, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 23
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Anyone has a SmartStart 6.40 CD to laying around?

Jez T wrote:

If you have a problem, they will help diagnose and tell you what part(s) you
need.
You don't have to accept their parts offer.

This is...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 20th 07, 10:15 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Heimo Hetl
DL380 G5 - split backplane?

Nut Cracker wrote:

Each drive runs on its own channel, so there is no split backplane per-se.

Thanks for clearing this up. (one might point out that in fact,...
Forum: Compaq Servers March 12th 07, 09:12 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 4
Posted By Heimo Hetl
DL380 G5 - split backplane?

I have a brand new DL380 G5 with both SATA (factory fit) and SAS
(add-on) controllers. The drive backplane is connected to the controller
with two data cables. How is it wired internally? Can I mix...
Forum: Compaq Servers January 9th 07, 09:35 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 19
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Smartstart 5.5 Download

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

Here's a link to make the search easier:

aww, come'mon man ... teach a guy to fish, will ya ?

Nah, I prefer shopping at the...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 25th 06, 12:25 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Proliant Drive Trays

Jez T wrote:

Nice technical explanation, but beyond most people. Can we please stick to
"SATA is ****". (No offence intended BTW - it's jus that I've seen...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 24th 06, 10:44 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Proliant Drive Trays

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

yes, the 4100 uses the Ux trays.

Thanks! This...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 23rd 06, 11:54 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Proliant Drive Trays

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:

[...] drive trays of a Proliant DL380, 380 G2, RA4000 and RA4100

The newer U2/U3 U320 (metal with black handles) are interchangable...
Forum: Compaq Servers November 23rd 06, 11:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Replies: 6
Posted By Heimo Hetl
Proliant Drive Trays

Are the drive trays of a Proliant DL380, 380 G2, RA4000 and RA4100
interchangeable? Do they fit mechanically, are the backplanes identical?
I've seen white(ish) and black ones...

Did HP/Compaq ever...
Showing results 1 to 15 of 15