Showing results 1 to 25 of 89
Search took 0.43 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Norm X[_2_]
Forum: General September 19th 19, 01:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
MCP73VE PC no Boot

Thanks Paul,

For correcting my mistake.

But an mATX will not work for me. I have PCI devices and a 400W power
supply. I have 8GB DDR2 RAM in two modules. An ATX MOBO with four DIMM
Forum: General September 16th 19, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
MCP73VE PC no Boot

Thanks Paul,

But an mATX will not work for me. I have PCI devices and a 400W power
supply. I have 8GB DDR2 RAM in two modules. An ATX MOBO with four DIMM slots
would support dual channel memory....
Forum: General August 25th 19, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
MCP73VE PC no Boot

I finally got my desktop PC to show a boot screen, after I re-seated the
Q9650 CPU chip. I removed the GPU card and HDMI output. Instead, I plugged
in a VGA monitor. Windows reported errors and would...
Forum: General July 17th 19, 03:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
wireless mouse not working

I have a Nexxtech wireless mouse. It has stopped working on my Win10Pro
desktop PC even after reboot. It worked before. I have moved it to this
WinXP netbook where it works fine. I'm using...
Forum: General July 17th 19, 12:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 14
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
wireless mouse not working

"Norm X" wrote

I have a Nexxtech wireless mouse. It has stopped working on my Win10Pro
desktop PC even after reboot. It worked before. I have moved it to this
WinXP netbook where it works...
Forum: General July 16th 19, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
MCP73VE PC no Boot

Hi,

History: my MCP73VE PC was working when I transported it by car to shop to
see about a new CPU (Q9650) cooler fan. When I brought it back home I dusted
the CPU Cooler duct and tightened the...
Forum: General July 3rd 19, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
CPUID HWMonitor

wrote in message
On Sunday, June 23, 2019 at 7:01:33 PM UTC+8, Paul wrote:

I would want to check that...
Forum: General June 23rd 19, 07:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
CPUID HWMonitor

Hi,

CPUID HWMonitor warned me that the MOBO value of -12 V was -0256 V. Is this
anything to sweat?
Forum: General February 25th 19, 08:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

[snippage]

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a
repair shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I
gave him RAM I could...
Forum: General February 25th 19, 03:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

[snippage]

Thanks Paul. The link to article you gave was useful. A nice man at a
repair shop gave me a short Molex to six pin GPU power adapter cable. I
gave him RAM I could not sell. I...
Forum: General February 21st 19, 08:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

[snippage]

After I did the service work, the old PSU worked sufficiently well that I
kept it in that PC for a month, even though a new Coolmax 400W I-400 had
been delivered. IMHO...
Forum: General February 10th 19, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Time For A New Motherboard?

"tb" wrote

snippage

My guess is that I have a USB port problem with PC#1 and it might be
time to purchase another motherboard. (The PC is nine years old...)

I have a MOBO that is older than...
Forum: General February 10th 19, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

"Paul" wrote, on Sunday, January 06, 2019 2:42 AM
Norm X wrote:
I have a PC box with the same MOBO since 2008, ten years. Every other
component has been upgraded , serviced or replaced....
Forum: General January 13th 19, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

Maybe I should explain how I did this. Go to System Properties. At the
top of the virtual memory page is a button, "Automatically manage paging
file size for all drives". Uncheck this...
Forum: General January 6th 19, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
What is the potential value of a used 400W ATX power suppy.

I have a PC box with the same MOBO since 2008, ten years. Every other
component has been upgraded , serviced or replaced. With patience,
technology improves and new parts are better and cheaper. My...
Forum: General December 24th 18, 01:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

[snippage]

Paul

Maybe I should explain how I did this. Go to System Properties. At the top
of the virtual memory page is a button, "Automatically manage paging file
size for all...
Forum: General December 22nd 18, 11:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

[snippage]
I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not
expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a pagefile.sys
on
each...
Forum: General December 22nd 18, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

"Norm X" wrote in message
"Mike S" wrote in message
On 12/17/2018 5:30...
Forum: General December 20th 18, 03:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

"Mike S" wrote in message
On 12/17/2018 5:30 PM, Norm X wrote:
Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I...
Forum: General December 18th 18, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Pleasant surprise

Hi All,

I have two SATA SSD's in my Win10 desktop PC, 250 & 500 GB. I did not expect
Win10 to allow it but I tried and it worked. I created a pagefile.sys on
each drive. It noticeably speeded up...
Forum: General July 12th 18, 06:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"~misfit~" wrote in message
Once upon a time on usenet Norm X wrote:
"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The...
Forum: General May 14th 18, 10:26 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Replies: 2
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
GTX950 GPU, Windows10

Hi,

Task manager tells me that Winows10 is using my GTX950 at all times. GPU
usage is maybe 4% with 0.8/4GB memory in use. Naturally I am pleased. But
what tasks could the OS assign to the GPU...
Forum: General April 4th 18, 01:38 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[massive snippage]
Paul

The Intel Q9650 arrived and its performance is well worth the price. I tried
the SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD RAM and it still won't boot....
Forum: General February 24th 18, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
SOCHOX 8GB DDR2 PC2-6400 800Mhz DIMM AMD

"Paul" wrote
[snippage]
Actually, you can get "cheap" LGA2066 processors.

https://ark.intel.com/products/121499/Intel-Core-i7-7740X-X-series-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-4_50-GHz

The good...
Forum: General January 30th 18, 06:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By Norm X[_2_]
Reallocated Sectors Count

Hi,
I have a Microsoft SS software RAID with two hard drives. Now
CrystalDiskInfo says the raw count for Reallocated Sectors Count is 2 on one
HDD. I like to get some lead time so I can purchase a...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 89