Showing results 1 to 25 of 153
Search took 0.05 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: ~misfit~[_16_]
Forum: General November 23rd 20, 07:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Printer which can copy driver's license on one side and carregistration card on another

On 23/11/2020 2:09 pm, VanguardLH wrote:
s wrote:

A friend of mine is a small hotel owner in Florida and wants a printer
which can copy driver's license on one side and car...
Forum: General August 11th 20, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Old hard drive resale prices

On 11/08/2020 9:22 am, Percival P. Cassidy wrote:
I was going through my stash of pensioned-off hard drives today and out of curiosity looked at the
prices they are getting on eBay (not the...
Forum: General August 4th 20, 05:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Microsoft Surface book Charging controller card

On 3/08/2020 9:55 pm, sideley_at_yahoo -dot-com wrote:
Hello all,

My Surface Book keyboard has failed unexpectedly: battery is not recognised anymore, no charge through the keyboard power plug...
Forum: General July 5th 20, 07:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
WD Black

On 27/06/2020 1:18 pm, Paul wrote:
snip
A second, mostly unused mechanism, is the fifteen pin power cable,
one of the pins has a secondary function. It can drive a LED (pull
to ground), when...
Forum: General May 7th 20, 05:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
USB Hub?

On 7/05/2020 1:07 pm, Peter Jason wrote:

Paul

curious bystander here. Is there an USB 3 powered hub that people
agree works well? At one time, Several years ago I bought a USB...
Forum: General April 14th 20, 02:10 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 10
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
New build

On 14/04/2020 12:56 am, Paul wrote:
Philo wrote:
As long as most of us are ****-in I thought now would be a good time to build a new machine.

I usually order from NewEgg

Just checked...
Forum: General February 29th 20, 07:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Lubricating a printer bar.

On 29/02/2020 8:54 am, wrote:
Printers are dirt cheap. Why not go with the latest 'n greatest ?

Do you own a landfill site?
--
Shaun.

"Humans will have advanced a...
Forum: General January 6th 20, 06:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 35
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Getting there

On 6/01/2020 2:43 PM, Paul wrote:
Norm Why wrote:
This is a continuation of an old thread:

Paul suggested I try an Intel E4700 CPU. So far I have only acquired a couple ofÂ* Intel E4800...
Forum: General December 30th 19, 12:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Old Stock Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Self-healing

On 30/12/2019 8:22 AM, Norm Why wrote:
I presume you also saw Louis Rossmann remove a chip from an Apple board to
make it work. I've got my soldering iron out to remove traces of capacitor
Forum: General December 29th 19, 12:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Old Stock Aluminum Electrolytic Capacitor Self-healing

On 29/12/2019 11:01 AM, Norm Why wrote:
[massive snippage]
This is a recent AnandTech EE web page that explores specifics of my Intel
CPU and cooler:

It doesn't explore specifics of 'your' CPU...
Forum: General December 11th 19, 01:43 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 28
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Problems rebuilding system

On 11/12/2019 5:26 AM, Paul wrote:
Norm Why wrote:
[snippage]
"Paul" wrote
much snipping
Probability theory says my best bet would be to find a part number for a 2008 GIGABYTE PCI VGA...
Forum: General November 27th 19, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Problems rebuilding system

On 25/11/2019 3:22 PM, Norm Why wrote:
"John McGaw" wrote in message
On 11/23/2019 10:31 PM, Norm Why wrote:
Hi,

I gutted...
Forum: General July 22nd 19, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 37
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
MSI B450-A PRO doesn't recognize external HDD via esata-sata

On 21/07/2019 2:23 AM, MaxTheFast wrote:
Hi Paul, sorry for delay. I see your explanation about USB-SATA only. What about this one?
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TM3DDZS
I couldn't understand...
Forum: General July 19th 19, 05:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
hardware or software ? drive coming open randomly

On 19/07/2019 7:53 AM, wrote:
On Thu, 18 Jul 2019 10:49:11 -0500, VanguardLH wrote:

hubops wrote:

I have a Lenovo T500 laptop ; Vista vintage ;...
Forum: General July 19th 19, 05:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
hardware or software ? drive coming open randomly

On 19/07/2019 12:16 AM, wrote:
Hi all ; glad to see some increased activity here.
I have a Lenovo T500 laptop ; Vista vintage ; running Win 8 Pro
and it has an...
Forum: General July 19th 19, 03:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Scrapping mid & large-tower cases?

On 19/07/2019 4:12 AM, Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
On 18/07/2019 11:16 AM, Paul wrote:

For example, for a long time, add-on USB3
was always a hair short of "full performance".
Forum: General July 18th 19, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Scrapping mid & large-tower cases?

On 18/07/2019 11:16 AM, Paul wrote:
Peter Jason wrote:
Due to unreliability problems I'm scrapping my old units & going over
to Barebones computers.Â* I have one already operating with an M2...
Forum: General July 17th 19, 03:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Need Louder Sound

On 16/07/2019 9:23 AM, wrote:
I want to learn some Chinese, but find these old ears cannot hear the
audio very well at

https://chinesecharacteraday.com/one-word-a-day/

at...
Forum: General July 17th 19, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Need Louder Sound

On 17/07/2019 12:05 AM, Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
On 16/07/2019 3:14 PM, Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
On 16/07/2019 10:38 AM, Paul wrote:
wrote:
I want to...
Forum: General July 16th 19, 11:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Need Louder Sound

wrote:
I want to learn some Chinese, but find these old ears cannot hear the
Forum: General July 16th 19, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
Need Louder Sound

wrote:
I want to learn some Chinese, but find these old ears cannot hear the
audio very well at

Forum: General July 9th 19, 10:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
ADDENDUM: Cables Reproducing?

On 9/07/2019 12:48 PM, ~misfit~ wrote:
On 9/07/2019 2:24 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 7/2/2019 9:42 AM, John McGaw wrote:
It has to be that these things are breeding. There used to be a joking...
Forum: General July 9th 19, 01:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
ADDENDUM: Cables Reproducing?

On 9/07/2019 2:24 AM, John McGaw wrote:
On 7/2/2019 9:42 AM, John McGaw wrote:
It has to be that these things are breeding. There used to be a joking theory that wire coat
hangers were...
Forum: General July 8th 19, 07:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By ~misfit~[_16_]
I need to recover USB hard drive

On 8/07/2019 4:18 PM, Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
On 8/07/2019 2:20 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
On Fri, 05 Jul 2019 06:04:18 -0400, wrote:

I need to try to recover data...
Forum: General July 8th 19, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware