Showing results 1 to 25 of 54
Search took 1.36 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Man-wai Chang ToDie (+MS=V32B)
Forum: Ati Videocards June 11th 09, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
AVIVO Video Converter Still Sucks?

First of One wrote:
http://anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3578

And it's not free....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce...

There is HD4650 AGP as well....

I think you will find its PCI-E

I am serious! At least it's in Hong Kong :)

http://global.hkepc.com/forum/redirect.php?tid=1224579&goto=newpost

--
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 8th 09, 06:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 10

HD3850 512Mb AGP is the last and best......

There is HD4650 AGP as well....

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce be with...

Completely pointless. I'm still running a Socket 939 X2 4800 on DDR and
it'll play everything I chuck at it fast enough.

If they were of the same price, yes, I would move. :)

--
@~@ ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 7th 09, 10:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
DDR3 Triple Channel vs DDR2 Dual Channel

Worth the money to go from DDR3 to DDR2 now? Or should one wait for
faster chipsets and CPUs?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty! May the Force and Farce...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 30th 09, 06:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
cisc vs risc

Today the vast majority of all 32-bit CPUs in use are RISC CPUs, and
microcontrollers. RISC design techniques offers power in even small sizes,
and thus has become dominant for low-power...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 21st 09, 10:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 10
v9.5 Catalyst driver and XP

Ant wrote:
Is it me or are there nothing new, fixed, improved, etc. for Windows XP
users? I am currently using v9.4 and see nothing interesting in the
release notes. :(

It really depends on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 18th 09, 10:37 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.folklore.computers,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.computers,alt.computer
Replies: 1,182
My Vintage Dream PC

GreenXenon wrote:
Hi:

My vintage dream PC contains the most advanced motherboard [in terms
of ability to handle the highest processor speed of it's type as well
as maximum RAM capability]...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 15th 09, 11:35 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Remove CD scratches

Regular white toothpaste is supposed to work too. I tired it once on a
CD that always got a CRC error at 80% of the install and it didn't work
for me. The game used to install fine and then...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 12th 09, 11:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Hardware home router with dial-up 56k modem

http://www.multitech.com/PRODUCTS/Families/MultiConnectSE/

This is not a router, it is a serial port that can be accessed via
ethernet.

oops... thank you for correcting me.

--
@~@ ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 12th 09, 06:27 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Hardware home router with dial-up 56k modem

edfair wrote:
Had one customer that used one. Worked fine for their purpose.

I have 2 on the shelf that are scheduled for the recycle program in
June. One 2 port, one 8 port, never used.

I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 10th 09, 09:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Hardware home router with dial-up 56k modem

Thanks

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.2
Replies: 7
Hardware home router with dial-up 56k modem

Anyone ever seen or used such a toy?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (Ubuntu 9.04) Linux 2.6.29.2
^ ^ ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 7th 09, 01:46 PM Posted to comp.os.linux.hardware,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.os.linux.misc
Replies: 25
How to identify a motherboard?

CPU-Z might do it....

It's better for you to take a HD photo of your motherboard and attach a
URL link to it here.

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/ v \ Simplicity is Beauty!...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 6th 09, 03:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Help deciding between two AMD CPU's

Update just researched and discovered the AM2 and AM2+ are
interchangable

Yes. I could use 7750BE with my older Asus M2N-E motherboard after BIOS
update.

But i must add that im not a fan of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 5th 09, 12:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Help deciding between two AMD CPU's

You should consider 7750 BE or 7850 BE!!! BE means black edition, which
means the multiplier is unlocked.
Only interested in the posted info thx

Is it because of the socket... or ....?

--...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 5th 09, 12:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 17
Help deciding between two AMD CPU's

wrote:
Will be ordering an Athlon 64 X2 for a M2N-SLI DELUXE MB shortly

You should consider 7750 BE or 7850 BE!!! BE means black edition, which
means the multiplier is...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 4th 09, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
What GPU is most future-proved for a new PC ?

Anyway, my question is, what card (from nVidia or AMD/ATI) should I
get ? Should I postpone getting a new computer, so that to get a much
more future-prooved configuration.

You can't buy the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 4th 09, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Can fdisk work with external SCSI drives?

DJW wrote:
PC running Windows 98SE with an Adaptec ISA SCSI board. I have an IBM
9 GB external hard drive that was on a Mac. How do I use FDISK to
format and initialize it for PC use? I ran...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 3rd 09, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Catalyst 9.5 Coming May 13

First of One wrote:
Not quite sure why this is considered news, but Catalyst 9.5 is coming May
13. Catalyst 9.5 is supposed to have full OpenGL 3.1 support, for what it's
worth.

Would AMD fix...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 30th 09, 11:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Catalyst 9.5 Coming May 13

I skipped 9.3 and 9.4. Is their anything that would compel me to install
this version? I haven't seen anything written up in my news feeds as of
yet.

My older Radeon 9000 pro still using...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 11:04 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 3
Hard Drive for older Socket 754 AMD Athlon 64 MB

Brian K wrote:
I need to replace my hard drive. I have a MB a Machspeed VIPER K8M8MS
2007 -2008. I've tried contacting the support pages at Machspeed. How
can I determine the largest size IDE...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 23rd 09, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 23
Do you care about the H.264 hardware decoding function in theATI display cards?

You might find this interesting:

http://tmpgenc.pegasys-inc.com/en/press/09_0415.html

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2009/04/16/tmpgenc-supports-spursengine/1

Any results for...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 21st 09, 07:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
RADEON HD 4850 or gFORCE 9800 GTX

Alice wrote:
i play alot of second life. its a online 3d world. but now my hd 4850
lags. i have a 9800 GTX i have never instaled was woundering what u all
thaught about wich of the 2 i...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 21st 09, 07:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
RADEON 4850 or gFORCE 9800 GTX