Showing results 1 to 21 of 21
Search took 0.86 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Vic Baron
Forum: General July 2nd 09, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Replies: 21
Posted By Vic Baron
Anyone there

"John Doe" wrote in message
"Vic Baron" wrote:
"Paul" wrote in...
Forum: General July 2nd 09, 09:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Replies: 21
Posted By Vic Baron
Anyone there

"Paul" wrote in message
Martin Racette wrote:
Hi,

I had to switchto a new server since the 1 July and since then I see...
Forum: General July 2nd 09, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.games.microsoft.flight-sim
Replies: 21
Posted By Vic Baron
Anyone there

Hi Martin - we're here!

"Martin Racette" wrote in message
Hi,

I had to switchto a new server since the 1 July and since...
Forum: General September 21st 07, 05:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 52
Posted By Vic Baron
How do I play a virtual drive?

"Jethro" wrote in message
On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 14:28:03 GMT, "meerkat" wrote:

"Jethro"...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 7th 07, 11:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Vic Baron
P5N32-E SLI question

Thanx Dave - I decided that I could look forever and get differing opinions
so I just ordered the mobo. I'll find out first hand.

Vic

"DaveW" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 07, 06:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Vic Baron
P5N32-E SLI question

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Vic Baron wrote:
I'm building a new system using a C2D Q6600 G0 step as the CPU. I'd like
to do some modest...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 3rd 07, 05:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Vic Baron
P5N32-E SLI question

I'm building a new system using a C2D Q6600 G0 step as the CPU. I'd like to
do some modest overclocking - total newbie to o/c.
Will be using Mushkin DDR2 1066 memory, NVidia 8800 video.

I've been...
Forum: General April 9th 07, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Vic Baron
WARNING!!!!

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"kony" wrote in message
Forum: General April 3rd 07, 07:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Vic Baron
Another Viewsonic LCD Monitor Problem

Hi Don -

I was the one who had the problem you mentioned. I use NVIDIA and the
solution for me was to change the settings for custom timing in the driver.
I selected "no latency" and all of a...
Forum: General April 2nd 07, 04:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic Baron
LCD Monitor problem in DVI mode

Finally got it resolved - system has been stable for 3 days.

This link priveded by Paul
http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=19854

suggested changing the timing in the driver through the...
Forum: General March 30th 07, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Vic Baron
Avoid a fresh install of XP...

"GT" wrote in message
I have finally upgraded my Athlon 2400 system. I've had to do it in steps
for budget...
Forum: General March 30th 07, 04:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic Baron
LCD Monitor problem in DVI mode

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Vic Baron wrote:
Bought a Viewsonic 2230WM to go with my Viewsonix 19" LCD. Installed
same.Connected the 19" to...
Forum: General March 30th 07, 04:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic Baron
LCD Monitor problem in DVI mode

"Ken Maltby" wrote in message

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
Forum: General March 29th 07, 11:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 63
Posted By Vic Baron
Is the CPU too hot?

wrote in message
On Mar 28, 8:55 pm, kony wrote:
On 28 Mar 2007 20:46:51 -0700,...
Forum: General March 29th 07, 11:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic Baron
LCD Monitor problem in DVI mode

"Noozer" wrote in message

"Vic Baron" wrote in message
Forum: General March 29th 07, 10:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Vic Baron
LCD Monitor problem in DVI mode

Bought a Viewsonic 2230WM to go with my Viewsonix 19" LCD. Installed
same.Connected the 19" to analog and the 22" to DVI using dvi-dvi cable
Followed the procedure to clean out old drivers, install...
Forum: General March 1st 07, 10:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 72
Posted By Vic Baron
Logitech MX1000 bluetooth mouse laggy under Vista?

"trojanfoe" wrote in message
Hi there - I've just installed a Logitech MX5000 bluetooth keyboard
and MX1000...
Forum: General February 26th 07, 09:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Vic Baron
What sound is it?

Let's see - it could be anything simple like a fly trapped in your box to
something drastic like the power supply arcing, in which case you'd probably
smell something too. Other than that, loose...
Forum: General January 4th 07, 12:02 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Vic Baron
Trick to speed up finding which key goes to the BIOS (can use boot.ini or OS's boot loader)

wrote in message
Trick to speed up finding which key goes to the BIOS (can use boot.ini
or OS's boot...
Forum: General October 4th 06, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By Vic Baron
Overheating message

"dreamsoul620 via HWKB.com" u18823@uwe wrote in message
Dell recommended taking certain parts out to clean with an air duster.
Luckily, this was recorded in a chat...
Forum: General October 4th 06, 05:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 0
Posted By Vic Baron
mobo problem

System is Intel 915GAV/P4 3.4/2M ddr ram. Has been working fine for about a
year.
Went to start it up the other day and - nothing - PS came on, fans, drives
all spun up but no video and no BIOS...
Showing results 1 to 21 of 21