Showing results 1 to 25 of 72
Search took 0.11 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: rms[_2_]
Forum: Ati Videocards June 16th 09, 09:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_2_]
Cat 9.6 Officially out!

For me, card HD4770, all ATI Overdrive panel is greyed,no changes
possible, not the case with 9.5

There's a large key button on the overdrive panel. Hit it to unlock.

rms
Forum: Ati Videocards June 16th 09, 05:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 8
Posted By rms[_2_]
Cat 9.6 Officially out!

Get em if you need em!
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

rms
Forum: Ati Videocards May 23rd 09, 05:06 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
Moving my graphics card to the second PCIe slot

What happens if I move the Graphics card down? The second slot is rated x8
rather x16 for operating mode. Is that as bad a performance hit as it
sounds.

Some time ago I recall reading...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 22nd 09, 06:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By rms[_2_]
v9.5 Catalyst driver broke its profiles?

I've basically the same setup and gone through the same upgrade,
though just the 'integrated driver + ccc' package, and had no problems.
You may be looking at an...
Forum: Ati Videocards May 22nd 09, 12:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 14
Posted By rms[_2_]
v9.5 Catalyst driver broke its profiles?

I just upgraded/overinstalled my v9.4 to v9.5 for Catalyst driver with its
CCC...
I am using an updated Windows XP Pro. SP3 and a MSI R4870-T2D512 OC Radeon
HD 4870 512 MB video card.

Forum: Ati Videocards May 18th 09, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
GPL Framerates Issue with ATI cards in D3D solved

AMD/ATI rocks!:

"There has been a problem with some of the new ATI cards where the frame
rates in D3D mode being very poor. As it was explained to me, the ATI
drivers were not detecting GPL as a...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 20th 09, 06:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_2_]
should I get the 4870, with my wimpy cpu?

Should I buy the Visiontek hd4870 videocard, with my slow processor?!

I say no for now, as you have a 8800gt, which looks perfectly suited to
the cpu, and is a decent card. Wait for a few...
Forum: Ati Videocards April 9th 09, 02:30 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 26
Posted By rms[_2_]
Cat 9.4 drivers

Are on the ATI site now.

Thanks for the headsup Les!

rms
Forum: Ati Videocards April 3rd 09, 04:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_2_]
ASUS A8N-SLI and newer ATI card compatability

I have a 3 yr old Asus board(939) running with an AMD 64 X2 4800. The
video card is an X1900XT. ...can I replace my card with any of the newer
ATI cards(ie; 4xxxx)?

I'm running the...
Forum: Ati Videocards March 30th 09, 07:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By rms[_2_]
HD4870X2 woes

My system: Q9650@ 3.6, 8GB DDR2 800, Asus Maximus Formula, Asus Xonar D2X,
all most recent drivers and bios. Any suggestions welcomed.

Do you have a quality powersupply.

rms
Forum: Ati Videocards March 23rd 09, 12:57 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 5
Posted By rms[_2_]
Corrupted vertical mouse cursors once in a while...

Ever since major computer hardware upgrades in the end of December 2008, I
noticed once in a while and rarely randomly, my mouse cursor gets
corrupted

I wouldn't be blaming the videocard...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 14th 09, 11:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By rms[_2_]
nVidia the new GM?

As for me, I'm waiting for a 10 X capability improvement before I upgrade
my graphics boards (photo-realistic 3D or nothing.)

What will you do in the meantime for non-photorealistic 3D...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 19th 09, 03:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 0
Posted By rms[_2_]
Feedback on ThermalRight T-RAD2 on ASUS EAH4870

Hopefully the Arctic Silver is thick enough, and those heatsinks light
enough, that they won't drop off the RAM chips. I'll monitor.

They will fall off. Ram chips generally don't run hot,...
Forum: Ati Videocards February 12th 09, 04:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
Question: ASUS 4870 - after-market cooler, speed-controlling fans, bla bla bla...

I recently bought a new machine with an ASUS HD 4870 EAH4870 DK/HTDI/
1GD5 .

I'm finding the fan rather loud when the card starts to work a bit

First try installing the 9.1 drivers, then...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 1st 09, 05:51 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video,microsoft.public.win32.programmer.directx.video,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 4
Posted By rms[_2_]
Revealing The Power of DirectX 11

"NV55" wrote in message

Good article, but I read it at the original source, which you didn't...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 30th 09, 10:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 12
Posted By rms[_2_]
Catalyst 9.1... Almost Here

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Survey_ThankYou.aspx?file=9-1_vista32_xcode_74235.exe

http://game.amd.com/us-en/AVIVO_Survey_ThankYou.aspx?file=9-1_xp32-64_xcode_74232.exe

URLs came from...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors January 1st 09, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_2_]
Seek processor comparison chart

Can someone point me to a processor comparison chart which has most
of todays processors as well as going down in power as low as the
2100+ Athlon.

Forum: General January 1st 09, 08:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_2_]
Seek processor comparison chart

Can someone point me to a processor comparison chart which has most
of todays processors as well as going down in power as low as the
2100+ Athlon.

Forum: Ati Videocards December 29th 08, 02:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 9
Posted By rms[_2_]
Crysis with DirectX 10 settings in XP Pro. SP3?

I read to get these DirectX 10 features is to edit the cfg files in
E:\winstuff\crysis\Game\Config\CVarGroups\ with copying very high settings
to high settings, but what am I editing/changing...
Forum: AMD x86-64 Processors December 15th 08, 05:47 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.x86-64
Replies: 5
Posted By rms[_2_]
Looking for a new system...look at this

http://www.foxconnchannel.com/product/Motherboards/detail_overview.aspx?ID=en-us0000401

Does look nice. I notice the 1x pci-e slot is covered by any card in
the first 16x slot, which seems...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 5th 08, 11:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
Left 4 Dead: Catalyst 'Fullscreen 3D' color settings not being applied in-game

I'm curious: why do
you need to use the card's profile, what is wrong with adjusting the
gamma/etc in L4D's video options?

My setup is always very dark, too dark to adjust out with the...
Forum: Ati Videocards December 5th 08, 06:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Replies: 2
Posted By rms[_2_]
Left 4 Dead: Catalyst 'Fullscreen 3D' color settings not being applied in-game

Hello, just went ATI again (last was a 9800pro!) with a 4870. My only issue
so far is neither Catalyst 8.10/11/12b are applying the default 'Fullscreen
3D' gamma/contrast/brightness settings in...
Forum: Overclocking AMD Processors October 27th 08, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Replies: 3
Posted By rms[_2_]
How did I kill it - Althlon XP-M Overclock

It ran Prime95 successfully for ~ 2hours, before I needed to go out.
Temperatures had peaked at about 65C (too high ?

Yep, too high, though remember alot of failures occur right at startup...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards October 8th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 25
Posted By rms[_2_]
Where to find a heatsink fan for NVidia FX 5200?

Depending on how worn the fan bearing was, how long it ran
like that, odds are fair that it may run for a long time
after relubed

This part is certainly true. I've relubed noisy fans with...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 8th 08, 05:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware