Showing results 1 to 25 of 90
Search took 1.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: BigJim
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 9th 08, 09:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By BigJim
Video Cards w/2 HDMI Ports Out? Video & Audio?

msi 9800gt has one hdmi adapter. The sound is connected to the card
via a wire from the spdif output on the mother board.

"Albert" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards December 8th 08, 09:17 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
See any problems with my proposed build?

if you go more than 4 gigs of ram you need to run vista or xp 64 bit OS.

wrote in message
I do not over-clock or do much...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 16th 08, 06:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By BigJim
Asus P5E-VM HDMI overclocking problem

this only a guess but check in your bios to see if the cpu power saving
feature is disable. I had this happen on a older gigabyte 945 board. You
want the cpu to run at full speed to oc...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 08, 07:14 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By BigJim
Inspiron 6000 Backlight Replacement

"Dean-MN" wrote in message
Hi,
I have an Inspiron 6000 that has its 15.4" WXGA+ display going black from
time to time. In doing...
Forum: Dell Computers November 12th 08, 07:47 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By BigJim
game machine

Dell xps 730 h2c with dual video cards 4700 dollars
"kant_rite" wrote in message
I'm in the market for a...
Forum: Dell Computers November 3rd 08, 10:52 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By BigJim
High Definition Silence

sounds like you don't have the proper drivers for the audio and who know
what else is missing
"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards November 1st 08, 08:51 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 9
Posted By BigJim
Straight-Up Replacement For P4P800-E?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Mine just bit the big one. One chip up in smoke/partially
melted.

In the interest of...
Forum: Dell Computers October 26th 08, 08:34 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Is there any point in pursuing this service issue with Dell?

keep calling what do you have to loose
"Burninator" wrote in message

Hi, I'm interested in your opinions: based on details...
Forum: Dell Computers October 20th 08, 06:10 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By BigJim
Using projector with Dell Inspiron 1100

are you using the dvi or the s=video connector
"Anony-mouse" wrote in message

Hi,

I trying to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 18th 08, 04:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By BigJim
CPU failed?

if you can find a friend that has a board which you could use your cpu on,
good test.
CPU failure happens but not to often.
"CLC" wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 17th 08, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
SATA 2

the last couple of seagate sata 2 drives came jumper for sata 1 (default I
guess).
Since my board is sata 2 certified I had to reset the jumpers on the drive
to sata 2.
So yes, you can use a sata 2...
Forum: Dell Computers September 14th 08, 06:44 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By BigJim
Modems

did you remove the old drivers first?
"mc" wrote in message
I tried to install a modem (conexant...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 10th 08, 07:49 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By BigJim
Is agp video card required?

yes an old one not the new 16x
"Bryce" wrote in message
I am trying to get a rescue from the dumpster revived:
bare Intel...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 6th 08, 04:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By BigJim
How to enable boot from usb device - P4P800 deluxe

One other thing, if you do create a USB boot device with a Windows OS it can
only be used
for the machine it was originally setup on.
"wishnet" wrote in message...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 6th 08, 04:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By BigJim
How to enable boot from usb device - P4P800 deluxe

you can't boot from a device unless you installed a boot sector. So in order
to get it to work you would boot
with your OS from CD and then try to install the OS to the USB device. If
you can't do...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 08, 07:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Modem for Dell Dimension 8300

you could get one cheap on ebay
"SQ" wrote in message

I have a Dell Dimension 8300 that needs a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 19th 08, 07:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By BigJim
CERN Black Hole Generator Online Soon

I didn't read your entire post because I haven't got the time but from what
I did read you seem a bit parnoid.
If you know anything about a colider then the mass that is exploded is on
the atomic...
Forum: Dell Computers August 15th 08, 04:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 19
Posted By BigJim
Ultra small form factor Optiplex: Anyone own one?

if you get one, order it with everything you want in it.
Some of the reduced size video cards can be a pain to get.

wrote in message...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 13th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 20
Posted By BigJim
Buying RAM

I don't think you get the best deals on ebay anymore.
I find items on Newegg for about the same or lesser price.
One example recently was a Seagate hd, a 250 gig 8 meg cache on ebay was 59
dollars...
Forum: General August 13th 08, 06:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 16
Posted By BigJim
Buying RAM

I don't think you get the best deals on ebay anymore.
I find items on Newegg for about the same or lesser price.
One example recently was a Seagate hd, a 250 gig 8 meg cache on ebay was 59
dollars...
Forum: Dell Computers August 12th 08, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 23
Posted By BigJim
Dimension 8400/Cruzer Micro Thumb Drive

front or back doesn't matter, I get no error message. Why this happens on
some boards must be related to the chipset.
So I would look for an update to the original chipset drivers.
"Monica"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 14th 08, 08:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By BigJim
Cooler for Core 2 Duo E8400

retail boxed comes with fan and heatsink
OEM you buy fan and heatsink over a hundred at the link below

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=2010110574+1371026035&name=LGA775
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 24th 08, 07:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Need SATA II controller card for Asus P4T

I believe you need 66mhz card at this speed you can only run sata 1.5 ghz
bandwidth. The 66 is the speed of the old standard pci slot.

"Mike" wrote in message...
Forum: General March 17th 08, 07:20 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Replies: 6
Posted By BigJim
upgrade adivice for a celeron m 420

Have a machine with a Celeron M 420 1.6 cpu would like to know what I could
upgrade to. It is in a Lenovo Desktop J200.

tia
Forum: Dell Computers March 14th 08, 06:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By BigJim
Using 20''LCD monitor with Latitude D600

should work no problems, I run a 19 inch Samsung using a dell 1100 with an
integrated video.
"Lisa B." wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 90