Showing results 1 to 23 of 23
Search took 0.00 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Andi Cole
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 19th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
Forceware 163.69 WHQL (Vista only)

There's a beta version for XP.

Andi.

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 27th 07, 02:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Andi Cole
94.24 -- 163.44 driver: problem

Probably best to uninstall the old drivers from the control panel and then
use DriverCleaner Pro to remove any left overs.

163.44 is working fine with my 7800 and Bioshock.

Andi.

"Beladi...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 6th 07, 01:19 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 8
Posted By Andi Cole
8800GTS SLI

There's a new Beta driver for Vista 163.11

For XP the WHQL version of 162.18 has soem problems not evident in the Beta
version.

Andi.

"housetrained" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 6th 07, 11:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
162.18 and STALKER

"Mr.E Solved!" wrote in message
Conor wrote:
In article , Andi Cole says...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards August 4th 07, 10:43 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
162.18 and STALKER

The Beta version was fine taking stalker into three figure frame rates, so I
though I'll try the WHQL version, wham! 3fps. It doesn't seem to affect
other games in the same way. GTR2 for instance...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards July 20th 07, 09:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Andi Cole
Does the 8400GS by xfx offer SLI ?

Nvidia seem to think it does - http://www.nvidia.com/page/geforce8.html

Andi.

"Dave T" NoSpam@NoSpam. wrote in message
Hi i cant seem to see if...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 25th 07, 08:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Andi Cole
What driver, please

http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_94.24.html

"bob" wrote in message
I have WinXPro SP2

NVIDIA GeForce 7900GT Display...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 18th 07, 08:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 2
Posted By Andi Cole
Application does not support NView transparency functions properly

I think I'd be inclined to update those Forceware drivers and if that
doesn't help contact the application vendors.

Andi.

"Pablo Contreras" pablo**carefully delete this**@**carefully delete...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards May 25th 07, 07:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 14
Posted By Andi Cole
Native resolution not attained

Might be some help here
http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17689111&page=13 similar
problem with the 226 and digital connections.

Andi.

"Peacekeeper"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards April 3rd 07, 04:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 31
Posted By Andi Cole
SLI and power suppliy

My 8800GTX's requires two 6-pin PCI-e connectors each, that makes the
picture clear as to how much power is required. I'm using an Etassis 850
which has four 6-pin connectors so no need for the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards March 19th 07, 09:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By Andi Cole
GeForce 6100 won't support 1680x1050 res even after driver update

I believe there has been a problem with a batch of 226BW's not running their
native resolution. You may have to read it all but try here...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards February 2nd 07, 08:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Andi Cole
Laptop vista driver help

Will these do?

http://www.nvidia.com/page/technology_vista_downloads.html

Andi.

"Andy 'B'" wrote in message
Hi, I have a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 29th 07, 06:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Andi Cole
Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

;-)

"Albert Wiersch" wrote in message

"RF" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 27th 07, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Andi Cole
Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

It rebooted more regularly than that but it's funny that drivers were the
solution.

Andi.

"Albert Wiersch" wrote in message

Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 27th 07, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 21
Posted By Andi Cole
Reboots since installing an XFX 7950

I had this with the drivers supplied with my 7950GX2. Remove existing
drivers and clean with drivercleaner and reboot, cancel autodetect new
hardware, download latest driver from nvidia and install...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 06, 01:38 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Andi Cole
new graphics card..!!

That doesn't really make him English, only that he has learnt that 'style'
of the language. Does it really matter anyway?

Andi.

"Conor" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 29th 06, 01:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Andi Cole
new graphics card..!!

Simply because size matters ;-) Yes you'll get a sharper image at the same
resolution on a smaller monitor but everything will be smaller. For those of
us with slightly older eyes it's always a...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 28th 06, 06:30 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 11
Posted By Andi Cole
Antec Sonata case + GeForce 8800GTX

The 8800's are some 275mm long!

Andi.

"Access" wrote in message
Hello,

I currently have an Antec Sonata ATX...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards December 28th 06, 06:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 19
Posted By Andi Cole
new graphics card..!!

Maybe the guy isn't English!

I'd cetainly look at a bigger monitor, there are 19" ones around that are
really cheap. The 7900GT is a good card.

Andi.

"Conor" wrote in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards November 9th 06, 07:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 6
Posted By Andi Cole
Windows Update NVidia drivers

I've seen this before, video drivers from Windows Update have caused me the
same sort of problems. I always go for the drivers from the video chip
manufacturers site.

Andi.

"James R. Brown"...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 24th 06, 06:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
black screen lockup when installing drivers

I don't know what it is but I had the same, I restarted the PC and
re-installed and it's been fine since.

Andi.

"Marnok.com" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 15th 06, 11:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
Low Profile Card Question

Not all cards use the same position for the VGA or DVI connector, I must
admit that I've also used one without a bracket! temporarily ;-)

Andi.

"Greg" wrote in message...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 14th 06, 10:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By Andi Cole
Low Profile Card Question

Yes, if you can get the right low profile bracket. There was a time when low
profile cards came with both standard and low profile brackets.

Andi.

"Greg" wrote in message...
Showing results 1 to 23 of 23