Showing results 1 to 25 of 25
Search took 1.32 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: nobody
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 28th 11, 02:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.lang.borland-delphi,comp.arch,comp.lang.c,microsoft.public.windows.64bit.general
Replies: 11
Posted By nobody
Using free space for more fault tolerant file systems.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2011 18:05:19 -0400, Paul wrote:

Think "QuickPar". (This article doesn't do it justice, but you have to
start somewhere.)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quickpar

One of the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 33
Posted By nobody
Power Conversion Electronics

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:20:26 -0700, pg wrote:

I just purchase a Silverstone Power Supply Unit (PSU) for my PC.

I am amaze with the PFC (Power Factor Correction) rating of over 0.96,
which,...
Forum: General April 27th 09, 04:29 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 24
Posted By nobody
Power Conversion Electronics

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 02:20:26 -0700, pg wrote:

I just purchase a Silverstone Power Supply Unit (PSU) for my PC.

I am amaze with the PFC (Power Factor Correction) rating of over 0.96,
which,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 04:16 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:09:30 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

I just purchase a Silverstone Power Supply Unit (PSU) for my PC.

I am amaze with the PFC (Power Factor Correction) rating of over 0.96,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 09, 12:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
Help required to find low temperature SATA drive

"Bill" wrote in message
In article ,
says...
I want to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 09, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
Help required to find low temperature SATA drive

Conor,

thanks
"Conor" wrote in message
In article , nobody says...
I want to buy a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 6th 09, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
Help required to find low temperature SATA drive

Paul,

Thanks

"Paul" wrote in message
nobody wrote:
I want to buy a replacement 3.5" 500GB SATA drive to use inside my iNOI
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 5th 09, 03:07 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 4
Posted By nobody
DualView is ****ing me off

Yes this is a pain. Apparently if you install the drivers when the existing
resolution is 60 Hz then that is what it will remain as. I used to be able
to get 72Hz but like you I now only get...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 5th 09, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
Help required to find low temperature SATA drive

I want to buy a replacement 3.5" 500GB SATA drive to use inside my iNOI
multimedia player. The original drive was a WD5000AAVS-00ZTB0 but I cannot
find a source for this in the UK. I have tried...
Forum: Ati Videocards July 7th 08, 04:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 24
Posted By nobody
What is "Steam" and why does ATI want to install it on my computer

nospam wrote:

Wow, you really DON'T know anything about Steam!

The only point made (at least by me) is that Steam qualifies
as spyware because when it runs it checks itself against the...
Forum: General April 13th 08, 11:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
How to monitor temperatures to avoid shutdown?

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
Speedfan
http://www.almico.com/speedfan.php

Didn't your motherboard or pre-build come with a...
Forum: General April 13th 08, 11:00 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
How to monitor temperatures to avoid shutdown?

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Nobody wrote:
When I play a 1080P video on my plasma my computer shuts down after
approximately 2 minutes. When in...
Forum: General April 13th 08, 09:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 8
Posted By nobody
How to monitor temperatures to avoid shutdown?

When I play a 1080P video on my plasma my computer shuts down after
approximately 2 minutes. When in the bios health page I see that shutdown
is selected for CPU at 70C and that when in the bios...
Forum: General April 11th 08, 12:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By nobody
Computer shutting down unexpectedtly

"DaveW" wrote in message
It sounds like you may have developed a thermal fault on your motherboard.
It may need...
Forum: General April 11th 08, 12:48 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By nobody
Computer shutting down unexpectedtly

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Nobody wrote:
"kony" wrote in message
On Thu,...
Forum: General April 11th 08, 09:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By nobody
Computer shutting down unexpectedtly

"kony" wrote in message
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008 06:09:52 GMT, "Nobody"
wrote:

Can someone give me a check...
Forum: General April 10th 08, 07:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By nobody
Computer shutting down unexpectedtly

Can someone give me a check list to help me solve why my computer is
shutting down without warning. I have had the 550W power supply checked
on another computer with similar load and it is...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 1st 07, 04:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 1
Posted By nobody
technical trivia: CPU usage inverse of hard drive usage

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 00:41:41 +0000, John Doe wrote:

This is confusing and amusing to me. For about 30 seconds, CPU usage
looked like the mirror inverse of hard drive usage in System
Monitor....
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 13th 07, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 3
Posted By nobody
Need Duel Analog VGA Ports: Any Suggestions beside GeForce FX 5200?

My built in video on my new Asus does not support duel analog signals. I
have a FX 5200 from my former mb but it is AGP and I do not have an AGP slot
on the new MB; just PCI and PCIex.

I'm not a...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 13th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By nobody
M2NBP: Can it run duel monitors?

This is the web page with the specs.
http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&l2=101&l3=347&l4=0&model=1363&modelmenu=2

I don't understand what it means by the comment on DVI-D. What is this port...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 13th 07, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By nobody
M2NBP: Can it run duel monitors?

I have a M2NBP-VM CSM with the on board video.
I cannot get duel LCD monitors to work and I can't seem to find out if this
is supported. Anyone know?
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 9th 07, 07:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By nobody
Auto SATA HD Power Down on Asus MPN2BP-VM CSM?

I have three SATA II drives installed on the MPN2BP motherboard that I
bought a few weeks ago. I'm running XP with all the latest updates.

Although I have a 500 watt power supply and three fans, I...
Forum: Dell Computers August 12th 06, 05:57 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By nobody
Dell Web site screwed up

I'm trying to configure an E510 with a TV tuner.

If I pick 'Windows Media Edition with Re-installation CD', it keeps telling
me I need to pick 'Windows Media Edition'...if you pick it WITHOUT the...
Forum: Printers August 3rd 06, 08:59 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 14
Posted By nobody
Looking for least expensive source for real OEM Canon carts

On 3 Aug 2006 08:50:04 -0700, "BD" wrote:

Hey, all.

Well, I fear I may be out of luck with Hobbicolors. I've been in
correspondence with them for the past few days,...
Forum: Ati Videocards August 3rd 06, 08:49 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 17
Posted By nobody
Sapphire agp x1600 pro : help please!

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006 16:55:09 +0200, "robert196" wrote:

hi! i can only use 6.4 catalyst driver...if I try 6.5 or 6.6 or 6.7 or
omega, system will restart without reaching...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 25