Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 1.61 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Ed Medlin
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Ed Medlin
Before I give up....

"John Doe" wrote in message
Bill Eversole wrote:

Once problems start unit will not boot until...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 5th 09, 12:31 PM Posted to nl.politiek,sci.electronics.design,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,nl.comp.hardware
Replies: 77
Posted By Ed Medlin
Skybuck's "DreamPC 2006" in a COMA AGAIN !!!

"Rheilly Phoull" wrote in message

"philo" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking May 28th 09, 03:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Medlin
No more overclocking?

"~misfit~" wrote in message
So, going by the number of posts here these days it would seem that we've
finally reached the point...
Forum: Overclocking May 28th 09, 03:54 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Medlin
No more overclocking?

"dewey edwards" wrote in message
On Mon, 25 May 2009 12:07:52 +1200, "~misfit~"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 2nd 09, 11:44 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Medlin
OT - but I'll try cause there are some really good techs here

wrote in message
Model prolly doesnt matter, but it's a Sony VGN-742/w.

More than not, I get no video at boot. Power LED...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's March 31st 09, 12:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 16
Posted By Ed Medlin
Hard Drive Replacement

The 80GB drive is a Samsung SP0822N. I'm pretty sure I just need to set
the jumper pins in the right positions. Anthing in the BIOS I need to
know?

(BTW, it's a Dell A09 BIOS, and yes, an...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 21st 09, 04:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 8
Posted By Ed Medlin
Marvell Storage Controller - P6T Deluxe V2

wrote in message
Is the onboard Marvell Storage Controller on the P6T V2 for all SATA
devices or only for RAID?

I...
Forum: Asus Motherboards March 7th 09, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 1
Posted By Ed Medlin
ExpressGate: Can I install it on my 901?

"Fred" wrote in message
Per Ed Medlin:
Express Gate is a very lean Linux install to the bios itself. I have it
on
my...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 19th 09, 05:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Ed Medlin
Is my hard drive dead?

"Matthew" wrote in message
My computer started acting "flaky" after I installed some questionable
software so I figured I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 09, 05:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Ed Medlin
Two pc's and one monitor

"Ten Pin Bowling" wrote in message

wrote in message
I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 17th 09, 05:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Medlin
Buying a new computer

"Mike Painter" wrote in message
Ed Medlin wrote:
"Mike Painter" wrote in message
Forum: Overclocking February 17th 09, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 6
Posted By Ed Medlin
Just a query!

"Dumbo" wrote in message
Look I know I'm flailing but I have assurances that my GTX was a fully
working card and the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards February 15th 09, 12:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 4
Posted By Ed Medlin
ExpressGate: Can I install it on my 901?

"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per (PeteCresswell):
Computability

Oops, spell checker strikes again....

SHB...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 15th 09, 12:12 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 22
Posted By Ed Medlin
Buying a new computer

"Mike Painter" wrote in message
Don Phillipson wrote:
"Mike Painter" wrote in...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 2nd 09, 11:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Ed Medlin
Powered USB 2.0 port on P5N32-E SLI mobo?

"Bryon Lape" wrote in message
I have an ASUS P5N32-E SLI mobo and am running XP with what I believe are
the latest drivers. ...
Forum: Overclocking February 2nd 09, 11:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
Replies: 2
Posted By Ed Medlin
SLi memory

"Dumbo" wrote in message
I took two of my four sticks of RAM out to try to enable SLI memory but
when I do my overclock...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 26th 09, 04:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Medlin
Is the Intel i7 the new Celeron 300? - NO ONE has any opinions!

When you went to the V1, did the chipset temps increase by
much from the loss of cooling from the radial CPU fan?
Not a lot. The heatpipes on the V1 seem to work pretty well in getting
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 24th 09, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Medlin
Is the Intel i7 the new Celeron 300? - NO ONE has any opinions!

"Ian D" wrote in message

"Ed Medlin" wrote in message
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 20th 09, 03:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Medlin
New Card for FSX

"K2NNJ" wrote in message
Dell XPS 400
4GB DDR2 667MHz
Pent. D 930 Dual Core 3GHz

The major problem is that Pentium D...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 20th 09, 02:34 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Ed Medlin
windows vista 64

"Dave" wrote in message
His source is probably the same as mine Dave......experience, and my
experience with Vista 64 is exactly the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 12:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 36
Posted By Ed Medlin
windows vista 64

"Dave" wrote in message

"Conor" wrote in message
In article...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 18th 09, 12:20 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Ed Medlin
Good LCD monitor

"JR Weiss" wrote in message
"metspitzer" wrote...
I want a good quality LCD monitor.

Anyone care...
Forum: Asus Motherboards January 16th 09, 01:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 13
Posted By Ed Medlin
Is the Intel i7 the new Celeron 300? - NO ONE has any opinions!

"Andrew Hamilton" wrote in message
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 22:47:11 -0800, Andrew Hamilton
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 09, 02:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Ed Medlin
Fan making loud noise when cold

"Ichibod" wrote in message
"Jan Alter" wrote in message
Ed has the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 13th 09, 03:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Ed Medlin
Fan making loud noise when cold

"Keith Lee" wrote in message
All:
Almost every winter, my four year old power supply fan makes a loud noise
when I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500