Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 3.23 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Skybuck Flying[_2_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 29th 12, 11:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

"Don McKenzie" wrote in message

The sad part about this thread is that someone apparently in need of
assistance asks for it, everyone...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 29th 12, 11:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Your damn battery is dead in your PC!!!!

At first it sounded logical, me being at a loss I gave it a shot, I went to
the store and bought 2 batteries which are exactly like the previous one.

CR...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 03:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Wow weirdest thing ever.

I was using windows live messenger and suddenly it seemed like the harddisk
turned off ?!

I had to reboot to computer... I was like: "wtf" "bizar".

Only time I saw a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 03:11 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 67
PC only boots after on/off/on cycle ?

Today was another weird day electronics wise.

I had to pull out all cables.

The monitor did not want to turn off.

The old PC also didn't boot.

It does this each time but this time it was worse.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 03:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"Pete" wrote in message
On 25/11/2012 03:23, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Also explain to me why the kitchen wall sockets...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 26th 12, 03:07 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"Man-wai Chang" wrote in message
THE USB PORTS ARE DESIGNED SO RETARDLY that it is actually possible to
connect the USB PLUGS...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 01:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignment on pins.

"WoolyBully" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Nov 2012 05:23:07 +0100, "SkyTard Futzing"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 05:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignment on pins.

"Mike Tomlinson" wrote in message

Blame: Sky****.

There, fixed that for you. You're welcome.

Blame: PC designers.

There fixed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 04:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignment on pins.

Well this explains it quite nicely it seems.

I suspect the following happened.

Since the PC is not grounded as so many in this world, the 110 volts which
is on the ground wire through the PC...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

Also explain to me why the kitchen wall sockets are grounded and the living
room sockets are not grounded ?!

Seems very weird to me...

Perhaps there was a good reason for this.

Just telling...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 04:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message

"Johann Klammer" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 03:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"Johann Klammer" wrote in message
Skybuck Flying wrote:
"Johann ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design

"Chris S." wrote in message

"Skybuck Flying" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 03:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"rickman" wrote in message
On 11/21/2012 4:06 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:

I also live in an appartment high up, so I am not sure if...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 25th 12, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

"Johann Klammer" wrote in message
Skybuck Flying wrote:
"Johann ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 06:40 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

"Robert Baer" wrote in message
Skybuck Flying wrote:
I didn't mention this in the original posting assuming people interested...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 06:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

No where did I mention noise ?

So what you on about ?

Randomness can be considered noise, perhaps that's what you on about ?

Surely a little spring moving up and down won't create any noise... it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 06:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

Also just to be clear, these were the pins on the pentium III 450 mhz
case... which is now more than 12 years old at least.

In the past I had to take motherboard out/in/out/in/out/in/out/in... to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 06:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

As a matter a fact I do have a bad back... because of gravity... so fixing
my DreamPC is extra painfull for me... I most be carefull... I could
seriously hurt myself ! ;)

So far fortunately I take...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 06:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignment on pins.

I just came up with a hopefully good plan/experiment for the DreamPC... yes
still not done with it, because me not statisfied with the results so far.

The last year or so... I put the fans on...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 05:05 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

"Pete" wrote in message

On 21/11/2012 22:35, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

Idea for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 05:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

I didn't mention this in the original posting assuming people interested in
this might know it already, but I still mention it for those that don't know
this yet ;) (to lazy too modify it, it would...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 22nd 12, 04:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 90
USB PORTS on the motherboard WORST INVENTION EVER.

I don't think I plugged the usb plug in backwards.

What happened was the plug was 1 row of pins too high which is definetly
possible.

I might make a youtube video of that to show how I presumebly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 11:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.borland-delphi,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 18

Hello,

Idea for anti-resonating-technology, for harddisks and cooling fans possible
other things.

First I shall explain what I think causes resonance problems:

Think of soldiers stepping on a...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's November 21st 12, 11:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 30
DreamPC2006 died again probably because of usb port/plug misalignment on pins.

Also one of the problems with these tiny power switch/led connectors is the
following:

The plugs are black and so are the ports/headers.

All that blackness makes it very hard to see how they are...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500