Showing results 1 to 25 of 109
Search took 0.22 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Eeyore
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 09, 02:16 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Eeyore
Power Conversion Electronics

Tim Williams wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

It's mentioned in a paragraph or two.

A search couldn't find it.

Second paragraph from link,
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 29th 09, 02:13 AM Posted to sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 33
Posted By Eeyore
Power Conversion Electronics

Franc Zabkar wrote:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 22:48:56 -0700, UCLAN put
finger to keyboard and composed:

There is a big 400vdc capacitor (or two 200vdc caps in series) just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 28th 09, 03:43 AM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Eeyore
Power Conversion Electronics

Tim Williams wrote:

On Apr 27, 1:44 pm, Eeyore
wrote:
Displacement Factor is the fudamental only.

Never heard that term. Can you explain...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 07:44 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Eeyore
Power Conversion Electronics

Tim Williams wrote:

On Apr 26, 11:33 am, MooseFET wrote:
It also tries not to draw any current at harmonics. It is unfortunate
that one term is now used for two...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 07:43 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 33
Posted By Eeyore
Power Conversion Electronics

Nobody wrote:

On Sun, 26 Apr 2009 13:09:30 +0100, Eeyore wrote:

I just purchase a Silverstone Power Supply Unit (PSU) for my PC.

I am amaze with the PFC (Power Factor Correction)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 27th 09, 07:30 PM Posted to alt.audio.equipment,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 5
Posted By Eeyore
Polarity, phase ?

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

This websites/review of the speakers/satelites of the surround sound system
gigaworks s750 mentions "polarity" and "phase".

Polarity is the correct term.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 26th 09, 01:09 PM Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.basics,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt

pg wrote:

I just purchase a Silverstone Power Supply Unit (PSU) for my PC.

I am amaze with the PFC (Power Factor Correction) rating of over 0.96,
which, according to some indicators, means...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 1st 09, 01:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.misc,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Eeyore
Using a second computer case as an external SCSI enclosure

wrote:

Hi All,

I have an ancient computer that's just collecting dust on my network,
and I'd like to use it as an enclosure to hold (and power) a few SCSI
devices,...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 09, 06:16 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 115
Posted By Eeyore
Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

Archimedes' Lever wrote:

I know more about soldering and connections between metals than you
ever will.

Jolly Good for you. I doubt you know much else.

Graham
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 09, 05:03 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 115
Posted By Eeyore
Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

Paul wrote:

Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 06:57:06 -0800 (PST), "larry moe 'n curly"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I have some...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 09, 04:58 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 115
Posted By Eeyore
Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

kony wrote:

Are nVidia 430 and 410 pin-compatible, at least enough that
ECS did what they do best, economized by using the same PCB
layout for either possibility? That seems to be the
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 11th 09, 04:56 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
Replies: 115
Posted By Eeyore
Adding missing SATA connectors to motherboard

larry moe 'n curly wrote:

Archimedes' Lever wrote:
Meat Plow wrote:

After all the hours you would spend, you could SIMPLY go BUY another,
proper motherboard. ...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 5th 08, 04:50 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 13
Posted By Eeyore
Had a bad nightmare AGAIN LOL.

Rich Grise wrote:

T wrote:
says...

I dreamt that i was hunting for Polar Bear. I made this hole in the ice and
placed some peas into it, and when...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 6th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 26
Posted By Eeyore
New Theory: Neighbours causing short circuits.

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

I live in an appartment.

Once I noticed how my computer crashed which sounded like a crazy power
surge.

So I wonder:
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 6th 08, 06:03 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 24

Skybuck Flying wrote:

Hello,

I live in an appartment.

Once I noticed how my computer crashed which sounded like a crazy power
surge.

So I wonder:
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 19
Posted By Eeyore
Skybuck's Dream PC, Third Build, 100% done, or is it ? ;) (MorePictures ! ;))

Marty wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
krw wrote:

My bench had a great view of the boneyard. Sure, I'm having a great
time. Are you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 08, 04:20 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 20

Marty wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Robert Myers wrote:
krw wrote:

My bench had a great view of the boneyard. Sure, I'm having a great
time. Are you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 50
Posted By Eeyore
New Theory: AMD's CPU Throttling damaged the power supply.

wrote:

krw wrote:

If you throttle the clock rate the processor voltage can be as well.
Reducing the clock rate reduces power less than linearly...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 08, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 54

wrote:

krw wrote:

If you throttle the clock rate the processor voltage can be as well.
Reducing the clock rate reduces power less than linearly...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design

Robert Myers wrote:

krw wrote:

My bench had a great view of the boneyard. Sure, I'm having a great
time. Are you still kicking dogs?

When the need...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 08, 03:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design

Robert Myers wrote:

krw wrote:

My bench had a great view of the boneyard. Sure, I'm having a great
time. Are you still kicking dogs?

When the need...
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 36
Posted By Eeyore
OHOH, Third Build already frooze and crashed... ! :O

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt wrote:

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

Yeah, whatever you think. You're not the first ****** that though Usenet
is fully unrestricted (which it is not) and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 08, 02:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design

Benjamin Gawert wrote:

Yeah, whatever you think. You're not the first ****** that though Usenet
is fully unrestricted (which it is not) and...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 36
Posted By Eeyore
OHOH, Third Build already frooze and crashed... ! :O

StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt wrote:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 14:50:03 +0100, Benjamin Gawert
wrote:

BS. Of course there are general rules for posting on the UseNet:
Forum: Asus Motherboards August 4th 08, 02:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,sci.electronics.design