Showing results 1 to 25 of 62
Search took 4.66 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Brian Cryer
Forum: General April 23rd 08, 04:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Cryer
Electricity/Electronics Gurus, help please

"MF" wrote in message
Please correct if I am wrong:

I am thinking that an old, good, socket 7, AMD 350...
Forum: General March 13th 08, 11:45 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Cryer
Cable for data transfer?

"sandy58" wrote in message

Terry Pinnell wrote:
I will need to transfer most of the data...
Forum: General March 10th 08, 03:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Cryer
Cable for data transfer?

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
I will need to transfer most of the data on my present ageing PC (XP
Home...
Forum: General March 5th 08, 01:41 PM Posted to uk.telecom,alt.comp.hardware,alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.equipment
Replies: 142
Posted By Brian Cryer
Hum from phone wires running next to mains?

"Foxtrot" wrote in message
I am in the UK and want to make several phone extensions.

QUESTION: I would like to know I this will...
Forum: General February 28th 08, 04:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Cryer
Dell Desktops at eBay

"GT" wrote in message
"pcbldrNinetyEight" pcbldrninetyeight.com wrote in message
Forum: General February 27th 08, 10:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Brian Cryer
Dell Desktops at eBay

"Grinder" wrote in message
Why is it that 3/4 of all of the desktops up at eBay are Dells?

I've not looked but are most of these...
Forum: General February 12th 08, 03:41 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Cryer
Control PC by remote control / video sending

"Jethro" wrote in message
Hi guys ...

if I wanted to use my PC in the front room, to download...
Forum: General January 21st 08, 02:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 41
Posted By Brian Cryer
Quad/Dual Core Duo Questions

"ldiaco" wrote in message

Hey all,

I understand most of the basics about hardware, like DIMMs and FSB, and
HD/RPM,...
Forum: General January 11th 08, 09:53 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Brian Cryer
Silicom DoubleSerial PC Card

"******************" wrote in message
Dnia Wed, 09 Jan 2008 23:49:22 GMT, Gerard Bok napisał(a):

Does the manual tell you...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 3rd 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 48
Posted By Brian Cryer
Should I go Dual Core or Quad Core? Intel C2 DUO E6850 vs. Quad-Core Q6600

"Matt" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm looking at upgrading my PC and I've come across an
interesting...
Forum: General January 3rd 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
Replies: 47

"Matt" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm looking at upgrading my PC and I've come across an
interesting...
Forum: Ati Videocards January 3rd 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Matt" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm looking at upgrading my PC and I've come across an
interesting...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards January 3rd 08, 04:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati

"Matt" wrote in message
Hey guys. I'm looking at upgrading my PC and I've come across an
interesting...
Forum: General Hardware December 21st 07, 12:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.internet.wireless,comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Replies: 38
Posted By Brian Cryer
Wi-Fi Ranges

"Neil" wrote in message
I don't understand. What do you mean??....

"CBFalconer" wrote in...
Forum: General December 21st 07, 12:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.internet.wireless,comp.hardware,comp.sys.laptops,microsoft.public.windows.networking.wireless
Replies: 38
Posted By Brian Cryer
Wi-Fi Ranges

"Neil" wrote in message
I don't understand. What do you mean??....

"CBFalconer" wrote in...
Forum: General December 20th 07, 09:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 12
Posted By Brian Cryer
Cannot Get XP Installation CD to Run on New Box

"JB" wrote in message
I just assembled an ECS 945GCT-M rev 1 motherboard with a E2180 processor.

This board has one IDE channel. The...
Forum: General December 18th 07, 10:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Cryer
Memory allocation

"philo" wrote in message

"Samuel Shulman" wrote in message
Forum: General December 14th 07, 10:41 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By Brian Cryer
12v barrel connector/smoking modem

"GT" wrote in message
"Johnny Ruin" wrote in message
Forum: General December 7th 07, 10:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 18
Posted By Brian Cryer
Why does my computer just shut off?

"Jeepwolf" wrote in message
Every once and awhile my computer just shuts itself off. No reason
whatsoever. It's not...
Forum: General November 20th 07, 04:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Cryer
Recover corrupt bios? Hotswap+ wire+new PLCC socket???

"RIAA" wrote in message
snip
De-soldering chips is like any other job. It is only easy if you have the
right tools for it.

Forum: General November 20th 07, 12:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 6
Posted By Brian Cryer
Noise like jet engine when boot up PC

"groupie" wrote in message
Hi,
My Dell desktop's a dual-P4 3.4GHz. Occasionally when...
Forum: General November 19th 07, 09:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Cryer
Recover corrupt bios? Hotswap+ wire+new PLCC socket???

wrote in message
I corrupt a compaq motherboard during bios update.
Now the computer won't boot. I...
Forum: General November 14th 07, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By Brian Cryer
computer in airplane

"Fulio Open" wrote in message
I like to know that whether it is OK to transport a computer as check-
in baggage...
Forum: General October 30th 07, 09:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By Brian Cryer
Blu-ray sensible minimum hardware requirement

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Brian Cryer wrote:
Background: I have a shuttle pc at home, few years old, I forget the
speed but it supports...
Forum: General October 30th 07, 09:06 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 29
Posted By Brian Cryer
Need Advice On Buying External Hard Drive

"kony" wrote in message
On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 17:33:02 -0000, "Brian Cryer"
Showing results 1 to 25 of 62