Showing results 1 to 11 of 11
Search took 0.80 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Marco De Vitis
Forum: Storage & Hardrives April 27th 10, 12:58 PM Posted to comp.arch.storage
Replies: 0
From SCSI U160 to SAS

Hi,
I have a server which has an Adaptec SCSI Card 29160 installed; it has
an "old-style" 68-pin HD connector.
Supposing I need to connect it to an HP StorageWorks 60 Modular Smart
Array, which only...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 24th 09, 09:21 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 24-09-2009 13:28, Fred Bloggs ha scritto:

Without hearing it myself, I'd guess at a dead drive (this sort of noise
coming from a drive is it losing its servo and trying to reacquire it.
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 24th 09, 09:14 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 24-09-2009 13:30, Fred Bloggs ha scritto:

In article , Marco De Vitis
writes
The manual doesn't tell anything about it, it only...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 23rd 09, 10:05 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 23-09-2009 11:55, Fred Bloggs ha scritto:

RAIDman lets you setup new arrays, view array status, and diagnose and
recover failed arrays.

Are you *really* sure that RAIDman can do this?
The...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 23rd 09, 09:53 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 23-09-2009 12:35, Fred Bloggs ha scritto:

In article , Marco De Vitis
writes

Then, when trying to reinitialize the thing...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 21st 09, 07:20 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 21-09-2009 0:05, Arno ha scritto:

Ah, but this is not a data-recovery operation then? Good.

Exactly.
We (they) have a backup of the data. We just need to know if the array
is still...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 20th 09, 03:25 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Il 20-09-2009 15:14, Arno ha scritto:

the storage. Can you post the exac first error messages from the
Linux system log here?

Hard to remember, also because it's not mine.
But it was first...
Forum: Storage (alternative) September 20th 09, 12:26 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 13
Posted By Marco De Vitis
RaidTec FlexArray RAID configuration

Hi,
I need to understand what's wrong in a SCSI storage enclosure like this:
http://www.dmi-inc.com/pdf/raidtec/flexarray_hi12.pdf

It was mounted on a Linux system, and suddenly appeared to have bad...
Forum: Printers July 24th 08, 07:39 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Marco De Vitis
Xerox 7232 on MacOS X

Hi,
I'd like to configure my MacBook (running OSX 10.5 Leopard) for printing
on a Xerox WorkCentre 7232 connected via ethernet on the same LAN.
I downloaded and installed the OSX drivers available...
Forum: Printers March 13th 07, 12:00 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 0
Posted By Marco De Vitis
Designjet 800ps slowness

Hi, we just bought a Designjet 800ps, switching from a Designjet
488ca, and at the moment we are a bit disappointed by its speed
performance (we only print technical drawings, from Windows...
Forum: Printers July 3rd 06, 02:40 PM Posted to comp.periphs.printers
Replies: 2
Posted By Marco De Vitis
HP plotters noise levels

Hello,
is anyone able to tell me how the noise levels of some HP plotters
compare? I'm having a look at features of the DesignJet 800, 4000, 4500
and 5500, but not all of them have this info in...
Showing results 1 to 11 of 11