Showing results 1 to 25 of 154
Search took 2.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: DevilsPGD[_5_]
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 26th 16, 09:04 PM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
"Hard Drive Reliability Review for 2015"

In the last episode of , "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
said:

On 2/18/2016 9:48 AM, DevilsPGD wrote:

Look closer, the larger drives are generally...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 18th 16, 01:48 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 14
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
"Hard Drive Reliability Review for 2015"

In the last episode of , "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
said:

On 2/17/2016 5:07 AM, pamela wrote:
On 20:31 16 Feb 2016, Lynn McGuire wrote:

Forum: General November 25th 15, 07:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Sleeping Computer vs. Shutdown ?

In the last episode of , philo
said:

On 11/21/2015 11:34 AM, MikeS wrote:

I have been using the hibernate feature on my desktop and it...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 25th 15, 07:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Anybody do a clean install of Windows 10 yet?

In the last episode of , GlowingBlueMist
said:

On 8/21/2015 8:16 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 22nd 15, 02:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 34
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Anybody do a clean install of Windows 10 yet?

In the last episode of
, RayLopez99
said:

Apparently it's 'tough' to do.

If you find installing and doing absolutely...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 15, 08:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
DHCP

In the last episode of ,
Seymore4Head said:

Say I have a wireless router that has it's DHCP range set from
192.168.1.100...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 25th 15, 11:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XP this month?

In the last episode of , Paul
said:

Actually, after posting that, I gave the dealer a call.

Turns out, *they have to replace the airbag a second...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 22nd 15, 10:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XP this month?

In the last episode of , Paul
said:

Al Drake wrote:
On 7/21/2015 6:57 PM, DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 22nd 15, 07:59 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XP this month?

In the last episode of , Bill
said:

DevilsPGD wrote:
In the last episode of , Bill
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 21st 15, 11:57 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Windows 10? Who will upgrade from Win 8, from Win 7, from XP this month?

In the last episode of , Bill
said:

RayLopez99 wrote:
Of course if everything goes fine with Win10 I might be tempted to try and upgrade...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's February 16th 15, 02:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 12
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Is Microsoft retarded?

In the last episode of , "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
said:

On 12/2/15 10:31 PM, Davej wrote:
Do I actually need to write my own windows service to...
Forum: Storage (alternative) February 15th 15, 09:38 AM Posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage
Replies: 9
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Backblaze dumps hard drive data

In the last episode of , Jerry Peters
said:

When any of my systems sleep (suspend to ram) or hibernate (suspend to
disk) the disk gets turned...
Forum: Storage (alternative) January 13th 15, 10:58 PM Posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 26
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
How to copy medical CD to harddrive

In the last episode of , Gloops
said:

Paul wrote on 12th Jan. 2015 04:39 UTC + 2 :
The only question in my mind would be, what tool...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 31st 14, 09:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
How close are SSDs to onboard memory?

In the last episode of ,
Seymore4Head said:

I have always wanted my OS on a chip where if it gets infected you
could just...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 6th 14, 09:35 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.windows7.general
Replies: 2
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Do you have experience with Bluetooth?

In the last episode of , John Doe
said:

To anyone who has hands-on experience with PC Bluetooth
connections...

Should I try to...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 23rd 14, 01:32 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
RAID disk "degraded" but divorced they are happy

In the last episode of ,
Mark F said:

I thought the main difference for drives intended for RAID
was that the internal error...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 14, 11:28 PM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 42
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Is this external Seagate 500 GB HDD dying?

In the last episode of ,
nospam said:

In article , DevilsPGD
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 28th 14, 05:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.hdd,comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 42
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Is this external Seagate 500 GB HDD dying?

In the last episode of ,
nospam said:

In article , Arno
wrote:

That is not...
Forum: General August 27th 14, 08:39 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
What to do with old printers?

In the last episode of ,
micky said:

If these are thrown away, is there any point to taking them to Best
Buy's recycling, or...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 27th 14, 08:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of , Jolly Roger
said:

["Followup-To:" header set to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage.]

[Fixed that]

On 2014-08-27,...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 27th 14, 08:39 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of ], isw
said:

In article ,
"Rod Speed" wrote:

isw...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 27th 14, 03:27 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of ], isw
said:

Some portable computers include free-fall sensors, which *with the
participation of the computer's...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 26th 14, 07:55 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of , Lewis
said:

Okay, so one time? In band camp? DevilsPGD was all, like:
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 26th 14, 06:07 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of , Lewis
said:

On modern drives? Nothing. It is nearly impossible for a modern disk to
suffer a...
Forum: Storage (alternative) August 26th 14, 06:02 AM Posted to comp.sys.mac.hardware.storage,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage,alt.comp.periphs.hdd
Replies: 77
Posted By DevilsPGD[_5_]
Portable ext. HDDs without power AC?

In the last episode of ,
Ant said:

On 8/24/2014 12:13 PM PT, nospam typed:
just about every 2.5" enclosure can be...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 154