Showing results 1 to 25 of 31
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: philo [_4_]
Forum: General May 30th 13, 12:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By philo [_4_]
help - troubleshooting network connection, possible replacementcontroller card

On 05/30/2013 02:17 AM, John wrote:
philo wrote:

On 05/29/2013 05:48 PM, John wrote:
This afternoon I booted up my desktop, but it would not connect to
the internet. I think the...
Forum: General May 30th 13, 01:00 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 17
Posted By philo [_4_]
help - troubleshooting network connection, possible replacementcontroller card

On 05/29/2013 05:48 PM, John wrote:
This afternoon I booted up my desktop, but it would not connect to the
internet. I think the problem is with the mobo (Asus A4M89GTD PrO/USB
3).

I have...
Forum: General April 10th 13, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 1
Posted By philo [_4_]
Sata drive problem

On 04/06/2013 12:15 PM, kevin wrote:
A friend has a networked HP PC which has missing system files when vista (64
bit) tries to boot. There is a similar networked HP PC working which
contains a...
Forum: General April 5th 13, 06:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 31
Posted By philo [_4_]
Booting Problem

On 04/05/2013 11:15 AM, Paul wrote:
species8350 wrote:
When I try to start the tower the bios, represented by a horizontal
bar, goes about one-quarter the way across and then stops.

How...
Forum: General April 1st 13, 12:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 3
Posted By philo [_4_]
Problem with external storage device.

On 03/31/2013 07:05 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
Win7 SP1

I have a 2005 250GB Maxtor One Touch II HDD that
has been running on a Firewire 1394 cable direct
to the motherboard.

After being...
Forum: General March 7th 13, 03:29 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo [_4_]
SATA HD from laptop

On 03/07/2013 06:38 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:

I recently performed a data recovery by taking a SATA drive out of a
Mackbook and connecting it internally to my PC.
(I use Linux and...
Forum: General March 7th 13, 11:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo [_4_]
SATA HD from laptop

I recently performed a data recovery by taking a SATA drive out of a
Mackbook and connecting it internally to my PC.
(I use Linux and it can read HFS+)

All worked fine.

However, before I opened...
Forum: General March 3rd 13, 04:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
DDR-1 2 gig Follow-up

On 03/02/2013 07:06 PM, Paul wrote:
snipped for brevity

On a default 32 bit installation, the virtual memory is split with
2GB address space for kernel addresses, and 2GB address space...
Forum: General March 2nd 13, 11:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
DDR-1 2 gig Follow-up

On 03/02/2013 03:04 PM, Paul wrote:

snipped for brevity

One the machine I am building, since I am using the 64 bit version of XP,
I can assign about 3.4 gigs of RAM to Photoshop...
so...
Forum: General March 2nd 13, 12:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
DDR-1 2 gig Follow-up

Seems to have been a foolish error on my part.

I purchased a fairly inexpensive (used) Abit AN8 mobo on eBay

I put in the RAM and saw it was recognized at 1 gig per stick.

When I looked again at...
Forum: General February 25th 13, 11:56 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
DDR-1 2 gig

On 02/15/2013 07:52 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
In my spare parts bin I seem to have a lot of 2 gig sticks of DDR-1

I'm a computer re-builder and must have at least 20 machines in my
Forum: General February 23rd 13, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo [_4_]
ND-6550A DVD Drive in a Optiplex GX260

On 02/22/2013 06:17 PM, wrote:

ble.

You can see here, according to the size of the GX260, different
cables can be used. A Kapton film cable is used for one
machine, a...
Forum: General February 10th 13, 12:10 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By philo [_4_]
Laptop Loose Adapter Connection

On 02/09/2013 02:29 PM, Ape wrote:
I have a Dell Inspiron 6000 laptop that works just fine except that
the power adapter connection on the rear seems faulty - it won't hold
the connection on so...
Forum: General February 8th 13, 11:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo [_4_]
Testing 125W CPU on 95W mobo.

On 02/08/2013 04:37 AM, Hobbyist wrote:
"philo " wrote in message
On 02/06/2013 05:57 AM, Hobbyist wrote:
I want to test an old AMD...
Forum: General February 8th 13, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By philo [_4_]
Testing 125W CPU on 95W mobo.

On 02/06/2013 05:57 AM, Hobbyist wrote:
I want to test an old AMD Phenom II x6 1090T CPU which has a
TDP of 125W, but what's handy is a motherboard rated only
for 95W CPUs - specifically a...
Forum: General February 8th 13, 01:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
DDR-1 2 gig

In my spare parts bin I seem to have a lot of 2 gig sticks of DDR-1

I'm a computer re-builder and must have at least 20 machines in my
workshop that use DDR-1 but none of them support more than 1...
Forum: General January 19th 13, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo [_4_]
KVM Switch

On 01/19/2013 09:59 AM, Paul wrote:
philo wrote:
I have a Tripp_Lite 2 port KVM switch that has worked fine for many
years. The switch automatically detects which computer I initially
Forum: General January 19th 13, 01:18 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By philo [_4_]
KVM Switch

I have a Tripp_Lite 2 port KVM switch that has worked fine for many
years. The switch automatically detects which computer I initially turn on.

Recently I replaced one of my machines with another...
Forum: General January 11th 13, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By philo [_4_]
Assessing cheap monitors & TV panels.

On 01/10/2013 06:33 PM, John wrote:
On 1/10/2013 6:04 PM, Peter Jason wrote:
There's a sale on in the vicinity selling cheap AV
$150 18" screens. The pixel density is given as
i1080 and...
Forum: General January 6th 13, 10:52 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
"Photo-me Imagus 1500 scanner"

On 01/05/2013 09:22 PM, miso wrote:

What I especially like about my Epson flatbed is that when scanning
slides I can do four at a time, and the software automatically
individualizes...
Forum: General January 5th 13, 01:58 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
"Photo-me Imagus 1500 scanner"

On 01/04/2013 11:06 PM, miso wrote:
On 1/4/2013 8:42 AM, philo wrote:
On 01/04/2013 02:02 AM, miso wrote:
On 1/3/2013 11:37 AM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts,

Anyone know of a...
Forum: General January 4th 13, 04:42 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
"Photo-me Imagus 1500 scanner"

On 01/04/2013 02:02 AM, miso wrote:
On 1/3/2013 11:37 AM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts,

Anyone know of a reasonably priced scanner like this one?

What scanning device would you use to...
Forum: General January 3rd 13, 10:53 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 01/03/2013 01:37 PM, Loony wrote:
Hello Experts,

Anyone know of a reasonably priced scanner like this one?

What scanning device would you use to get images with a 3792 x 2546 dpi
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 29th 12, 11:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 13
Posted By philo [_4_]
How to test a PSU?

On 12/28/2012 04:34 PM, Doc wrote:
I have a PC Power and Cooling 470W unit that's a few years old but
hasn't had a lot of mileage on it and the rig it was in didn't come
near to stressing its...
Forum: General December 29th 12, 11:19 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 9
Posted By philo [_4_]
? on SATA drives, IDE interfaces

On 12/28/2012 07:04 PM, John McGaw wrote:
On 12/28/2012 4:21 PM, philo wrote:
On 12/27/2012 06:21 PM, Dave wrote:
"John McGaw" wrote in message
Showing results 1 to 25 of 31