Showing results 1 to 25 of 26
Search took 0.10 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Hackworth
Forum: Asus Motherboards May 8th 08, 02:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 12
Posted By Hackworth
What's up with Asus web site???

Wow. I haven't been into the hardware scene for a couple of years now and am
just checking in. So even after all this time, the Asus Web site is still
**** slow? I guess some things never...
Forum: Gateway Computers May 3rd 08, 06:50 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By Hackworth
Gateway power supplies still proprietary?

Many thanks, Ben. This system seems like the bets solution for me and my son
right now. I think he will like it, and he can have it a lot sooner than if
he waited for me to get around to building...
Forum: Gateway Computers May 3rd 08, 03:33 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.gateway2000
Replies: 2
Posted By Hackworth
Gateway power supplies still proprietary?

As someone who has built his own computers since 1987, this deal is just too
good to pass up:

Gateway FX7026 Core 2 Quad Q9300(2.50GHz) 4GB DDR2 640GB NVIDIA GeForce...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's June 17th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 27
Posted By Hackworth
Interesting Discover: Too much heat in Skybuck's Dream PC while playing games. Fans spin hard.

"Linux Geek" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:48:06 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Or maybe not... kinda makes the...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards June 17th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design

"Linux Geek" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:48:06 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Or maybe not... kinda makes the...
Forum: Asus Motherboards June 17th 07, 07:44 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,nl.comp.hardware,sci.electronics.design

"Linux Geek" wrote in message
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:48:06 +0200, Skybuck Flying wrote:

Or maybe not... kinda makes the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 22nd 06, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Hackworth
Quietest 120mm case fan?

" wrote in
message ...
"mdk77" wrote in message
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 14th 06, 04:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Hackworth
video card madness(??)

"Andy Axnot" wrote in message
On Sat, 09 Dec 2006 22:08:50 -0500, Hackworth wrote:

"Rod Speed"...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 10th 06, 04:08 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 27
Posted By Hackworth
video card madness(??)

"Rod Speed" wrote in message
Andy Axnot wrote

I don't get it. It was only 5 or 6 years ago I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 26th 06, 04:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.dcom.cabling,alt.internet.wireless
Replies: 34
Posted By Hackworth
802.11G health issue and home network cabling question

"T. T." wrote in message
Hi dear all:

Recently after reading some articles I have some concerns about...
Forum: Ati Videocards September 13th 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains
Replies: 7
Posted By Hackworth
O/T? Reasonably priced graphics cards

"oO" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm not too hot on graphics/videos cards so I was hoping someone here
might be able to help. My current card (ATI All in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 13th 06, 01:37 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,alt.consumers.uk-discounts.and.bargains

"oO" wrote in message ...
Hi, I'm not too hot on graphics/videos cards so I was hoping someone here
might be able to help. My current card (ATI All in...
Forum: Nvidia Videocards September 13th 06, 01:34 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Replies: 5
Posted By Hackworth
Widescreen monitor question

My system curently has an Nvidia GeForce 7600GS graphics card. I just bought
a Dell 2007FPW 20-inch widescreen monitor, great for my work and for
watching DVDs, but not so much for gaming. I'm not...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 13th 06, 01:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 1
Posted By Hackworth
Widescreen monitor question

My system is a homebuilt Athlon X2 4400+ (1MB L2) OC-ed to 4800+ specs. I
recently bought a Dell 2007FPW 20-inch widescreen monitor, great for my work
and for watching DVDs, but not so much for...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 6th 06, 05:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Hackworth
Can't "unsync" memory bus speed (A8V-E SE)

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "Hackworth"
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 5th 06, 04:52 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 19
Posted By Hackworth
Asus website

"Joe" wrote in message
Is it just me or does the Asus website suck. Downloads for me only go at
8KBs and trying to read...
Forum: Asus Motherboards September 5th 06, 04:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 2
Posted By Hackworth
Can't "unsync" memory bus speed (A8V-E SE)

I have an Asus A8V-E SE motherboard
(http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?modelmenu=1&model=576&l1=3&l2=15&l3=143)
with an A64 X2 4400+ (1 MB L2 cache for each core) processor. I cranked up
the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's September 2nd 06, 09:02 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 5
Posted By Hackworth
Major problems with AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

"Pungolo_Fiero" wrote in message
Ok so I just finished putting together a new computer a few days ago
and I have been having a lot of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 10th 06, 04:25 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Hackworth
Several issues in one

"playstation60" wrote in message
It strikes me as kind of ironic that the two people beyond myself that
have posted on this...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 9th 06, 05:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Hackworth
Several issues in one

"playstation60" wrote in message
I appreciate you actually responding, which is more than anyone else
has done, for...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 6th 06, 07:46 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 2
Posted By Hackworth
Athlon 64 dual-core question

"Paul" wrote in message
In article , "Hackworth"
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 4th 06, 05:13 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 7
Posted By Hackworth
To Raid or not to Raid

"Cuzman" wrote in message
BH2 wrote:

" I have just build a new computer with Three hard drives, 1 x Ide and 2
x Sata. I...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's August 3rd 06, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems
Replies: 12
Posted By Hackworth
power supply for Intel Pentium 4 531

wrote in message
snip

Well, the computer will boot up fine I'd install my Windows XP on it.
Then I turn it...
Forum: General August 3rd 06, 04:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.systems