Showing results 1 to 25 of 55
Search took 0.04 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Thomas G. Marshall
Forum: Dell Computers April 15th 08, 12:08 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
For those who didn't get the e-mail; $499 Vostro 1500

S.Lewis said something like:
WinXP or Vista. I'd probably upgrade the HDD and the warranty to 2
years onsite......

Forum: Dell Computers April 14th 08, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

Thomas G. Marshall said something like:
The Blurb:

Powerful Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T2370 Processor
2GB memory* and an enormous 250GB* hard drive
Plays and creates CDs and DVDs

Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 08, 10:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
"true life" vs. "anti-glare" of Vostro 1500: What are the brightness & contrast ratios???

Ok, the display specifications on the dell website irritate me a little.
The specifications for the vostro displays does not show the brightness and
contrast rations between the WXGA and the WXGA w/...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 08, 10:21 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

Thomas G. Marshall said something like:
Christopher Muto said something like:

...[snip]...

[...] the
true life screen has very deep blacks and very rich color saturation.
pictures...
Forum: Dell Computers April 11th 08, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

Christopher Muto said something like:

....[snip]...

[...] the
true life screen has very deep blacks and very rich color saturation.
pictures (photos) and movies look amazing on it. there is...
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 03:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

RnR said something like:
On Sun, 6 Apr 2008 21:26:33 -0700, "Me" wrote:

I don't like the true-life screens. They are reflective, and the
whole time people use a computer, they...
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 10:56 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

C and A said something like:
I must take issue with your posting Subject. I am a grandparent with
over 30 years in the computer industry.

You might have mentioned the technology level of the...
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 10:45 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

Rider said something like:
I guess I should have asked...
a. if this has to be ordered online or can it be phoned in?

Stay away from the phone if at all possible. Dell staff is far more likely...
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 10:39 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

I forgot to mention that all that is for $649 after all deals.
Forum: Dell Computers April 7th 08, 10:29 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

Christopher Muto said something like:
i would recommend spending the $50 more and upgrade the processor
from the t2370 (1.73mhz/533mhz/1mb) to the t5550(1.83mhz/667/2mb)
processor. but having...
Forum: Dell Computers April 6th 08, 06:38 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 33
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 1525, Notebook for Grandparents. Thoughts?

The Blurb:

Powerful Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core T2370 Processor
2GB memory* and an enormous 250GB* hard drive
Plays and creates CDs and DVDs

*Basically $649 after $270 off*

Any notions as to how...
Forum: Dell Computers March 23rd 08, 03:04 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
How do I configure a system, then EMAIL it to a friend?

I would have sworn that the dell configuration website used to have a link
where I could send a configuration of a system I made (complete with
promotion and/or coupons) to a friend for them to...
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 07, 01:55 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

Ben Myers said something like:
Let me add:

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dim8300/sm/specs.htm

... Ben

Yes, thanks, I posted that link elsethread already, but thanks...
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 07, 01:50 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

Jay B said something like:
i got that answer from the crucial web site.
every dimm has that marking. look for the size dimm you want, and it
will tell you all the possible ones. i usually dont...
Forum: Dell Computers November 21st 07, 12:56 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

S.Lewis said something like:

....[rip]...

Thomas -

I'm not so sure why you're hung up on numbers of chips and density specs?

Respectfully, if you want a dissertation on that stuff - call...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 07, 10:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

S.Lewis said something like:
"RnR" wrote in message
On Mon, 19 Nov 2007 22:21:08 -0500, Jay B ...
Forum: Dell Computers November 20th 07, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

Jay B said something like:
i'm not a techno nerd so i wont begin to explain why.
there may be a better answer posted here, i'm sure.

there is no clear standard def. of high density.
i have...
Forum: Dell Computers November 19th 07, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

RnR said something like:

....[rip]...

I don't mean to sound harsh here so bear with me .....
To add to your concerns I'd be concerned that with all the conflicting
information you have gotten...
Forum: Dell Computers November 19th 07, 07:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Jay B said something like:
i'm not a techno nerd so i wont begin to explain why.
there may be a better answer posted here, i'm sure.

there is no clear standard def. of high density.
i have...
Forum: Dell Computers November 19th 07, 05:11 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

Jay B said something like:
i see no reason why pc3200 will not run in an 8300.

(?)

but you just defined the speed, not the density.

..............yes...........(?).
Forum: Dell Computers November 19th 07, 04:03 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 28
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Dimension 8300: Can it support "high density" memory?

Dim 8300 / 800 Mhz FSB (Intel 875P chipset)

Little bit confused on something. Here's the rub.

I've seen several posts in forums that say that only the old dells
(PC100/133 era) could not handle...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 02:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 6000: How to stop CD from spinning for no reason.

Jay B said something like:
it could be windows or another program that is checking it from time to
time.
do you have indexing service turned on?
you could have specified the cd rom to...
Forum: Dell Computers November 15th 07, 03:32 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 1
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Do email deals from dell ever have links to http://dhs.r.delivery.net ???

Does Dell use delivery.net?

Most of the current deals in my inbox have links to them such as this:

http://dhs.r.delivery.net/r/c/r?huge-identifying-gobledygook

This is usually (IME something over...
Forum: Dell Computers November 11th 07, 03:23 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

Jay B said something like:
it could be windows or another program that is checking it from time
to time.
do you have indexing service turned on?
you could have specified the cd rom to...
Forum: Dell Computers November 9th 07, 11:12 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By Thomas G. Marshall
Inspiron 6000: How to stop CD from spinning for no reason.

Boris said something like:

Tom, I sent an email to my daughter describing what you were trying to
troubleshoot, and here's her reply:

Begin cut and paste
Hi Dad :)
Showing results 1 to 25 of 55