Showing results 1 to 25 of 65
Search took 0.03 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: John Novicki Jr
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 10, 02:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Inspiron 1150 battery light flashing in spite of full power

"Yong Huang" wrote in message
I bought this Inspiron 1150 laptop in 2004. The battery power can only
Forum: Dell Computers January 25th 10, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By John Novicki Jr
M140 won't charge or run on AC; not a power jack issue.

"Caesar Valenti" wrote in message
William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

Any ideas on this? I know bad power jacks are a...
Forum: Dell Computers January 21st 10, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 10
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Dell's new attitude is going to put them where Circuit City ended up.

"alien" wrote in message
This post is merely a vent and a hope that someone from Dell reads
this. I just received...
Forum: Dell Computers January 14th 10, 07:15 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 52
Posted By John Novicki Jr
OT - Customer Service in India

"Master Betty" wrote in message
Still trying to get a hold of life at Dell. Man that has got to be the
worst customer service...
Forum: Dell Computers January 14th 10, 07:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Dimension 5100 Card Reader cards 4GB redux - Win7?

"Father Justin" wrote in message
On 1/13/10 9:31 AM, William R. Walsh wrote:
Hi!

If there is a Win 7...
Forum: Dell Computers January 14th 10, 07:04 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Question: Nearly Empty, But Still Full Hard Drive

When you did your "fresh install" of XP you didn't wipe out all the data,
most likely. The only positive way to do that is to Delete and then
Recreate the partitions on the drive. Otherwise...
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 09, 01:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 7
Posted By John Novicki Jr
no sound from speaker of a Dell Optiplex GX280 machine

"Ben Myers" wrote in message
s wrote:
The machine is a Dell Optiplex GX280 running Win XP professional 2002.
But, there...
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 09, 01:39 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 5
Posted By John Novicki Jr
any opinion on Inspiron 15 with Celeron 900 (2.2GHz)

"vbDavidC" wrote in message
On Nov 13, 1:09 am, JayB wrote:
this is worse...
Forum: Dell Computers November 13th 09, 01:36 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

Thanks.

I do have a powered USB around, so I will try that first before buying
another card. They previously had the "b" version of the Linksys, and when
they upgraded to "g", they got the...
Forum: Dell Computers November 12th 09, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

The wireless card is WG111, revision 3 to be exact. After getting
confirmation, it is a Dimension 4600, and it does have 8 USB 2.0 ports.

Thank for the help.

"Christopher Muto"...
Forum: Dell Computers November 11th 09, 02:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

Yes, the Netgear Wireless G card is a USB device, as mentioned previously.
The printer and wireless devices have been plugged into ports on both the
front and rear of the machine, at different...
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 09, 01:37 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

"William R. Walsh"
wrote in message news:tx2Km.122971$5n1.15831@attbi_s21...
Hi!

Being that this printer is a fax on a shared line, it...
Forum: Dell Computers November 10th 09, 01:31 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

That doesn't fix the problem of turning it off/on

"Pen" wrote in message
John Novicki Jr wrote:
Hello,
So, I am having a...
Forum: Dell Computers November 9th 09, 07:41 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Network Dropping

Hello,
So, I am having a heck of a time figuring out this computer problem. (I'll
warn you now, it will get a little long.)

Parents have an early 2005 model Dell Desktop (not sure of the model)...
Forum: Dell Computers October 28th 09, 05:24 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Dell's free upgrade to Win7 for recent computer purchases

I signed up for the free windows 7 upgrade on about the 20th of October for
a system that I purchased about 3 weeks ago. I got a confirmation that I
was eligible, but the tracking/shipping...
Forum: Dell Computers October 2nd 09, 09:23 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By John Novicki Jr
How to swap hard drive to a larger one on an Inspiron 630m

I don't believe this is correct. I think you may be thinking of the 600m.

"Christopher Muto" wrote in message
i just...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 09, 08:32 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By John Novicki Jr
How to swap hard drive to a larger one on an Inspiron 630m

No, it does not, as I changed the original 60 GB drive to a 160GB model.

"Brian K" wrote in message

"John...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 09, 06:27 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By John Novicki Jr
How to swap hard drive to a larger one on an Inspiron 630m

Shoot...I meant PATA. I was thinking PATA when I wrote SATA. PATA.
"Paul-J" wrote in message

"Ben Myers"...
Forum: Dell Computers October 1st 09, 06:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 37
Posted By John Novicki Jr
How to swap hard drive to a larger one on an Inspiron 630m

The drive will be SATA. The Inspiron 630M was the Small Business Version of
the XPS M140 on the home side. I have the M140, and it is in fact SATA.

"Paul-J" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers September 30th 09, 03:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By John Novicki Jr
wanted: convenient USB switch

http://www.buy.com/prod/kensington-sharecentral-2-for-usb-device-sharing/q/loc/101/209026645.html?adid=17653

"sobriquet" wrote in message...
Forum: Dell Computers August 17th 09, 01:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By John Novicki Jr
The Rumored Dell Phone

"William R. Walsh" wrote in message
For whatever it might be worth...Register Hardware has some...
Forum: Dell Computers August 7th 09, 01:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Optiplex SFF

I guess it would help to add the price I am looking for, as that is the
problem. I am looking for something around $200. I know that this will
have to be a used model, and as long as it meets the...
Forum: Dell Computers August 6th 09, 08:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By John Novicki Jr
Optiplex SFF

I know this is kind of off-topic, but I have been looking for an Optiplex
SFF model for the better part of two months now. Ebay has quite a few, but
was wondering if there was anyplace else that...
Forum: Dell Computers July 30th 09, 05:00 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By John Novicki Jr
dell dimension xps r400 boot error

Really need more information before can begin to diagnose. Any error
messages, different beeps, etc.? Additionally, being that the machine is so
old, it may have just "broke".

John

"cparks186"...
Forum: Dell Computers July 15th 09, 05:42 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By John Novicki Jr
I 8200 + Water?

"Charles" wrote in message
My old but very useful Inspiron 8200 recently took a dive in about 2.5
feet of water when a pipe broke in my...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 65