Showing results 1 to 25 of 58
Search took 0.02 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: J.Clarke
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 17th 03, 04:24 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 6
Posted By J.Clarke
CPU temperature

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 15:08:31 +0100
"[8000] Lasse Ramsgaard" wrote:

My CPU temperature varies between 50 and 70 degree celcius is that to
much???
It reaches 70 at max...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 12th 03, 07:33 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Wed, 12 Nov 2003 05:58:25 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 3rd 03, 08:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 22:15:45 -0000
"rstlne" .@. wrote:

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Nov 2003...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 3rd 03, 12:23 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:40:21 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

Please learn how to read and comprehend what is written.
AMD is also going to use that 'fail-safe' system, so it...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 3rd 03, 12:22 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Mon, 03 Nov 2003 14:40:18 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

Please learn how to read and comprehend what is written.
AMD is also going to use that 'fail-safe' system, so it...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 3rd 03, 01:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By J.Clarke
Intel's Hyperthreading

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:28:13 -0600
Ed wrote:

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 22:43:25 GMT, "DaveW" wrote:

AMD does not have anything similar yet.

AMD claims the...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 3rd 03, 01:22 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 23:10:48 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

Have you ever read my original reply to the OP?
Here it is.

To add to the other replies.
If the...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 2nd 03, 05:05 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.hardware.homebuilt
Replies: 18
Posted By J.Clarke
Intel's Hyperthreading

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 17:15:41 GMT
Will Dormann wrote:

Mike Walsh wrote:

Hyperthreading is way overrated. Early tests I have read show
running processor...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 2nd 03, 04:55 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 75
Posted By J.Clarke
Damn, SATA disk can't be used by xp

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 21:37:02 +0100
JustMe wrote:

Hmmm my SATA HD came in sealed plastic no floppy/drivers either. Where
should it be? ASUS for the mobo or Maxtor for the...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 2nd 03, 04:51 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 18:37:58 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

"J.Clarke" wrote in message
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 2nd 03, 11:24 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Sun, 02 Nov 2003 15:31:21 GMT
"Buffalo" wrote:

Many people leave their PC running 24/7 and unattended with no
monitoring programs running that would shut it...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors November 2nd 03, 05:26 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Sun, 2 Nov 2003 00:22:24 -0000
"rstlne" .@. wrote:

"Scud Roker Jr" wrote in message
I have never seen a socket clip...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 31st 03, 11:21 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 60
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD compared to Intel

On Fri, 31 Oct 2003 15:25:07 -0000
"rstlne" .@. wrote:

Well, site them.

http://www.dansdata.com/images/io009/busted500.jpg
Google it yourself
If 1 clip never broke then mfgr's...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 25th 03, 01:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 13
Posted By J.Clarke
Athlon 1400 Mhz temp

On Fri, 24 Oct 2003 18:32:19 +0200
GJ Eldering wrote:

Hi there,

My athlon 1400 MHz temp is very high 60 - 70 Celsius
Is this normal????
Have a...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 14th 03, 09:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Replies: 3
Posted By J.Clarke
OC 2600 xp advice

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 12:09:54 +0100
"sando" wrote:

Hi

Does anyone know where I could find a step-by-step rundown on how to
overclock my system using the same...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 10th 03, 09:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 10
Posted By J.Clarke
Upgrading from 2700Xp to 2800 XP

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 03:06:43 -0500
Ed wrote:

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:19:40 GMT, "Christopher J. Flores"
wrote:

Hi,

Does any one know...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 10th 03, 09:14 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 10
Posted By J.Clarke
Upgrading from 2700Xp to 2800 XP

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 08:19:11 GMT
"Christopher J. Flores" wrote:

Thanks, that's what I needed to know. Now would getting an extra 512
megs o' ram help?

Probably...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 10th 03, 01:47 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 10
Posted By J.Clarke
Upgrading from 2700Xp to 2800 XP

On Fri, 10 Oct 2003 02:19:40 GMT
"Christopher J. Flores" wrote:

Hi,

Does any one know if I will see any performance difference? I don't
plan on oc'ing at all....
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 2nd 03, 08:14 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte,alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 11
Posted By J.Clarke
So... is this Athlon XP fried or not?

On 2 Oct 2003 12:45:47 -0700
(Michael Strorm) wrote:

Hi,
I posted a question about problems I was having with an Athlon-XP
based system yesterday. Now I'm getting round...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors October 2nd 03, 01:54 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 4
Posted By J.Clarke
micro atx w/firewire

On Thu, 02 Oct 2003 02:32:02 GMT
"Creeper" wrote:

i'm looking for a micro atx mobo with the following specs:

- nforce2 ultra 400 chipset
- onboard sound
- onboard...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors September 27th 03, 08:36 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 20
Posted By J.Clarke
AMD64 - Don't you really need WinXP 64bit with it?

On Sat, 27 Sep 2003 11:19:31 +0100
"The Old Man" wrote:

Hi,

I noticed that the AMD 64 is due out soon, people are reciveing prices
already that are cheaper than the XP...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors September 25th 03, 11:06 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 8
Posted By J.Clarke
Shims?

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003 20:13:11 -0400
mcheu wrote:

How useful or necessary are shims for installing an AMD CPU?

I've installed AMD CPUs in the past, without too many problems,...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors September 19th 03, 05:01 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 20
Posted By J.Clarke
Dual Channel Memory Question

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003 11:00:26 -0400
"CiRcUiT" wrote:

YanquiDawg: Then you come over here and see for yourself that it
doesn't work... The MB supports...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors September 19th 03, 01:42 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 5
Posted By J.Clarke
Monitor/TV question...

On Thu, 18 Sep 2003 23:44:28 GMT
"red" wrote:

Most LCDs and Plasmas will handle hi-res signals.

Please be kind enough to identify a television of any kind that is
capable of...
Forum: AMD Thunderbird Processors September 18th 03, 12:59 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.amd.thunderbird
Replies: 5
Posted By J.Clarke
Monitor/TV question...

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 19:36:53 -0500
"E. Rust III" wrote:

Is there any advantage to using a monitor over a TV anymore? The
reason why I ask is because there seams to be some...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 58