Showing results 1 to 25 of 500
Search took 0.72 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Grinder
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 15, 11:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,comp.arch,sci.electronics.design
Replies: 15
Posted By Grinder
Device needed for: Text Display + Wireless Communication + Remotecontrol + Remote Power ?

How about one of these beauties?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e9/Radio_Shack_TRS-80_Model_100.jpg

On 5/20/2015 12:05 PM, Skybuck Flying wrote:
Hello,

The following are the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's April 17th 15, 12:48 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 6
Posted By Grinder
Amd 6000+ cpu. Which motherboard for Win7 compatible

I'm unsure of what CPU you have, but I'm guessing is a socket AM2?

Consider this board:

http://www.asrock.com/mb/NVIDIA/N68C-GS4%20FX/?cat=Specifications

* It explicitly lists a couple of Athlon...
Forum: General February 9th 15, 04:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 7
Posted By Grinder
Acer Aspire Home Theater

On 2/9/2015 3:43 AM, Sydney wrote:
My friend has an Acer Home Theater problem.
When puting the power on, nothing appears on the scren.
Connecting an outside scren shows "no graphics input."

Forum: Homebuilt PC's December 24th 14, 07:21 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
stay the hell away from Sceptre/Wally Mart BF sales

I guess I'm in the hot zone then. I purchase five 40" Sceptre TVs 13
months ago. So far, all five are still up and running.

Sceptre is clearly a "value" brand, but I was kind of hoping they were...
Forum: General October 29th 14, 02:46 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Grinder
Dark Laptop Screen

I'm working a HP G61-429WM that has a dark screen. It's a backlight
problem, as a flashlight shows screen detail, and video to an external
monitor is fine.

The problem would manifest itself...
Forum: General September 11th 14, 08:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
Dell Vostro 230 will not stay down

On 9/11/2014 11:36 AM, Paul wrote:

powercfg -lastwake

That produces:

Wake History Count - 0
Forum: General September 11th 14, 08:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
Dell Vostro 230 will not stay down

On 9/11/2014 11:36 AM, Paul wrote:
Grinder wrote:
I have a Dell Vostro 230 that will, after shutdown, spontaneously
startup up again after a couple of seconds pause. You can hold the
Forum: General September 11th 14, 03:17 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
Dell Vostro 230 will not stay down

I have a Dell Vostro 230 that will, after shutdown, spontaneously
startup up again after a couple of seconds pause. You can hold the
power button down for several seconds to get the machine to...
Forum: General August 22nd 14, 04:23 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Grinder
Here's one I haven't seen...

On 8/21/2014 8:18 PM, Paul wrote:
Grinder wrote:
On 8/21/2014 4:45 PM, Grinder wrote:
I have a Dell Vostro 230 desktop computer, that freezes on boot. That
is, it just stops dead in its...
Forum: General August 22nd 14, 12:28 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Grinder
Here's one I haven't seen...

On 8/21/2014 4:45 PM, Grinder wrote:
I have a Dell Vostro 230 desktop computer, that freezes on boot. That
is, it just stops dead in its tracks, fans still running, and the image
still on the...
Forum: General August 21st 14, 10:45 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 5
Posted By Grinder
Here's one I haven't seen...

I have a Dell Vostro 230 desktop computer, that freezes on boot. That
is, it just stops dead in its tracks, fans still running, and the image
still on the screen. It is at a pretty regular spot...
Forum: General August 2nd 14, 02:50 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Grinder
What to do with old printers?

On 8/2/2014 4:20 AM, micky wrote:
I have my origina IBM Graphics Printer that I bought along with my PCJr
in 1983 or 4. And I have another dot matrix printer, with pin feed and
a few more...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 7th 14, 03:31 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 28
Posted By Grinder
No Video from PC

On 7/7/2014 9:03 AM, wrote:
I have a Compaq Presario SR1910NX.

When I attempt to boot up the monitor's "on" light briefly comes on
before going off, but I don't get...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 4th 14, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8
Replies: 8
Posted By Grinder
Mouse wakes computer from deep sleep?

On 7/4/2014 8:21 AM, John Doe wrote:
Alias aka maskedandanonymous.commmm wrote:

John Doe wrote:

In an earlier thread, someone said you should stop the mouse from
waking the...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 14, 02:25 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 10
Posted By Grinder
Boot order changes by itself

On 7/3/2014 7:28 AM, Rebel1 wrote:
After being away from my desktop for a month, last night I plugged the
power cord back into the wall outlet and booted without any problems. I
performed...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 3rd 14, 12:29 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Grinder
Help with new build not starting.

Good catch, Paul. Sorry about that Al.
Forum: Homebuilt PC's July 2nd 14, 11:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 23
Posted By Grinder
Help with new build not starting.

On 7/2/2014 4:45 PM, Al Drake wrote:
I put a system together to run bare bones until I get used to using the
BIOS and decide on what additional hardware I'll go with. So far I have
the...
Forum: General June 5th 14, 02:37 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 2
Posted By Grinder
laser printers

On 6/4/2014 8:01 PM, bob smith wrote:
Why are laser printers typically larger than inkjets?

"The drum" is a good approximate answer.

http://computer.howstuffworks.com/laser-printer2.htm
Forum: Homebuilt PC's May 20th 14, 02:32 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 19
Posted By Grinder
8 gig RAM on older hardware

Does the system have an Intel GM965 Express chipset?

http://ark.intel.com/products/29821/Intel-82GM965-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller

If so, you can add an authority to the chorus that says 4GB max...
Forum: General March 4th 14, 04:18 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
Motherboard will not post with 4GB

On 3/3/2014 8:27 PM, Paul wrote:
Grinder wrote:
Four and a half years ago, I build a system with an Asus P5KPL-CM as a
motherboard, with 2 x 2GB PC2-6400 RAM modules. It has run well for
Forum: General March 4th 14, 04:16 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware

On 3/3/2014 7:04 PM, philo wrote:
On 03/03/2014 05:12 PM, Grinder wrote:
Four and a half years ago, I build a system with an Asus P5KPL-CM as a
motherboard, with 2 x 2GB PC2-6400 RAM...
Forum: General March 4th 14, 12:12 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 4
Posted By Grinder
Motherboard will not post with 4GB

Four and a half years ago, I build a system with an Asus P5KPL-CM as a
motherboard, with 2 x 2GB PC2-6400 RAM modules. It has run well for
that time, but now locks up on POST. (The splash screen...
Forum: General January 14th 14, 06:39 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Grinder
Wired router recommendations?

On 1/14/2014 11:00 AM, John Corliss wrote:
Grinder wrote:
On 1/14/2014 4:30 AM, John Corliss wrote:
My ancient Linksys router, a BEFSR41 v.2.0, bit the dust a week ago. I'd
bought it on...
Forum: General January 14th 14, 04:33 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware
Replies: 11
Posted By Grinder
Wired router recommendations?

On 1/14/2014 4:30 AM, John Corliss wrote:
My ancient Linksys router, a BEFSR41 v.2.0, bit the dust a week ago. I'd
bought it on Craigslist for $5. It worked great since about last April,
but...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's January 14th 14, 02:40 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 9
Posted By Grinder
Keyboard question

On 1/14/2014 3:33 AM, John Smith wrote:
Anyone got advice on this one?
...grandson has a new windows 8 pc on which he plays games..mostly
Minecraft = plenty of repeated keyboard action I...
Showing results 1 to 25 of 500