Showing results 1 to 6 of 6
Search took 0.47 seconds.
Search: Posts made by: Mike[_33_]
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 09:09 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike[_33_]
SSD and sleep mode?

On 10/11/2018 5:51 PM, Flasherly wrote:
On Thu, 11 Oct 2018 15:36:09 -0700, Mike wrote:

Windows writes the contents of the working memory to the
hard disk each time...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 12th 18, 12:15 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike[_33_]
SSD and sleep mode?

On 10/11/2018 4:04 PM, VanguardLH wrote:
Mike wrote:

I got this email today claiming that sleep mode is hard on a SSD.
I could understand that hibernate is hard on a SSD, but sleep...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 11:36 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 8
Posted By Mike[_33_]
SSD and sleep mode?

I got this email today claiming that sleep mode is hard on a SSD.
I could understand that hibernate is hard on a SSD, but sleep mode?
My system sleeps maybe a dozen times a day. It's asleep 90% of...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 11:27 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike[_33_]
What are your findings with SSDs ?

On 10/11/2018 1:42 PM, Bill wrote:
Mike wrote:

Win 10 was the driving force.Â* We're gonna have to switch
eventually...now seemed to be the right time.

Yes, I've been practicing...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 11th 18, 11:01 AM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 11
Posted By Mike[_33_]
What are your findings with SSDs ?

On 10/10/2018 6:29 PM, wrote:
Everytime my harddisk is slow/taxed I kinda wish and wondering about SSDs... how much would I really like it ?!

What I would HATE :):):):)...
Forum: Homebuilt PC's October 10th 18, 10:11 PM Posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Replies: 31
Posted By Mike[_33_]
Windows 10 fails to boot, then it reboots, bizarre self-fix

On 10/10/2018 10:27 AM, Paul wrote:

To fix "inaccessible boot device", you need to set
the StartOverride key to 0 from the regular value
of 3. When I tried this on 1803, it didn't work,
Showing results 1 to 6 of 6