Showing results 1 to 25 of 50
Search took 0.60 seconds.
Forum: Dell Computers October 28th 07, 12:01 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 0
Posted By [email protected]
2407WFP - picture in picture....

I have a Dimension 9200 hooked upto the VGA input on my 2407 and a
second 9200 hooked upto the DVI input.

Is there a way of getting these two signals viewable via the PIP
facility?
Forum: Dell Computers October 21st 07, 01:52 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 14
Posted By [email protected]
new models - confused

On Oct 21, 1:46 pm, "Nospam" wrote:
Dell has completely confused me with their strategy regarding new models.
INspirons used to be strictly laptops. Now they are desktops as...
Forum: Dell Computers October 21st 07, 11:53 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Cyberlink PowerDVD on 9200?

On Oct 21, 9:48 am, "S.Lewis" wrote:
wrote in message

I...
Forum: Dell Computers October 21st 07, 07:31 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Cyberlink PowerDVD on 9200?

I tried to play a (fully legal I might add) DVD using the Dell-
bundled
Cyberlink PowerDVD software today (the first time I've tried under
Vista) and it tells me the DVD doesn't match my system's...
Forum: Dell Computers October 13th 07, 05:28 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
Network Key? dell utility

On Oct 11, 9:28 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
My Inspiron 1501 seems to forget how to connect to my wireless
network. I have to type in the network key again.

Even then it...
Forum: Dell Computers September 29th 07, 03:16 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 13
Posted By [email protected]
vostro 1700 notebook

On Sep 29, 5:58 am, "Moonshine" wrote:
i installed every driver listed in the xp driver page for the vostro 1700.

i also tried to install some of the vista drivers without...
Forum: Dell Computers September 29th 07, 03:10 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 24
Posted By [email protected]
FYI: Dell lets Vista Business Users revert to XP

On Sep 29, 9:20 am, Cumulus cum wrote:

Since Win Xp is the first reliable OS ever made by Microsuck, I see no
reason to risk Vista.

Cumu-

It grows on you.............

But it has some...
Forum: Dell Computers September 23rd 07, 07:48 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 42
Posted By [email protected]
C:\DELL

On Sep 22, 11:36 pm, "Thomas G. Marshall"
wrote:
How much of C:\DELL do I really need to keep around and why?

--
It's time for everyone...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 07, 05:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

On Sep 18, 6:30 pm, "S.Lewis" wrote:

This thread has become unnecessarily convoluted and gone on entirely too
long for the degree of the issue. Unless of course there's a...
Forum: Dell Computers September 19th 07, 05:26 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 20
Posted By [email protected]
Would like to change letter on my system partition (Dimension9150)

On Sep 17, 6:32 pm, " wrote:
After reinstalling XP, it ended on H because the multicard reader got all the first
letters C,D etc.
If it was for myself , I...
Forum: Dell Computers September 18th 07, 06:08 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Password Software?

On Sep 18, 9:14 am, "Fixer" wrote:
wrote in message

... On Sep 16,...
Forum: Dell Computers September 17th 07, 09:43 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 21
Posted By [email protected]
Password Software?

On Sep 16, 4:21 am, Barry Watzman wrote:
There is no such software.

There is a way on every model to reset the password (sometimes more than
one way), but it's...
Forum: Dell Computers September 9th 07, 06:53 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Dell AIO 964 printer and slow boot-up

On Sep 9, 6:17 pm, Jay B wrote:
one thought on that was removing usb devices from the start of the boot
order, thinking that it sees the 4 usb drives in the printer and...
Forum: Dell Computers September 9th 07, 03:30 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Dell AIO 964 printer and slow boot-up

I've just connected my Dell AIO 964 printer to my new machine and now
my system takes an eternity to boot up.

I had the same problem with a previous AIO printer on an old machine
and I remember...
Forum: Dell Computers September 3rd 07, 06:59 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
OT--message rules question

On Sep 3, 6:42 pm, "S.Lewis" wrote:
"Tom Scales" wrote in message

I'd sure there is --- if we knew...
Forum: Dell Computers August 31st 07, 07:56 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Shrinking Vista Drive Mystery

On 31 Aug, 19:16, Ben Myers wrote:
If CCleaner will run with Vista (I think it does), download it and run it. Allow
it to delete all the junk it finds. Have...
Forum: Dell Computers August 30th 07, 06:11 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Moving a RAID configured hard drive - what to do?

If I want to move a RAID configured drive into a different machine
(non RAID configured) what do I need to do to the drive and/or the new
system?
Forum: Dell Computers August 26th 07, 03:09 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 3
Posted By [email protected]
Newbie to RAID - advice please!

I've just bought a Quad Core Dimension 9200 for silly money from Dell
UK.

Up until now, I've never got involved in RAID, striping, mirrors, 0, 1
etc etc because I've never needed it.

But with this...
Forum: Dell Computers August 12th 07, 03:58 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 11
Posted By [email protected]
Dell officially starts removing crapware from its PCs

On Aug 11, 7:16 am, wrote:

On this side of the Pond only the most ruthless would try to get away
with a "restocking" fee for a defective item. The courts would be on
Forum: Dell Computers July 12th 07, 08:35 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 4
Posted By [email protected]
24" monitor

On Jul 12, 8:01 pm, Ron Hardin wrote:
The 24" widescreen monitor works, surprisingly, with the Inspiron 1200.

I happened to have spare PS/2 keyboard, optical mouse and...
Forum: Dell Computers June 26th 07, 07:05 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 9
Posted By [email protected]
New Intel Array Manager for XPS 410/Dimension 9200

On Jun 25, 2:45 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:

Yes, I know, 3TB is a lot, but it is just recorded TV and Movies.

Jeez Tom :-)

A genuine observation from across the pond; we aint...
Forum: Dell Computers June 2nd 07, 05:17 PM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 15
Posted By [email protected]
Unwelcome Messages in Life

On Jun 1, 9:43 am, Hank Arnold wrote:
Nice site... Where did he come up with the color combinations?? Light
gray on black???

Dunno, maybe he was spending his time coming up...
Forum: Dell Computers April 5th 07, 06:00 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 2
Posted By [email protected]
Dell Windows XP Reinstallation CD

On Apr 4, 1:34 am, (toejam) wrote:
I see a lot of reinstallation CD for Dell computers on eBay. My
daughter has a Dell computer that her father (ex-husband) bought her.
I...
Forum: Dell Computers April 2nd 07, 05:54 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Installing Vista Business today........

On Apr 1, 1:13 pm, "Tom Scales" wrote:

It only took me about an hour, including the two installs required to do a
clean install. I keep all my data on a separate drive, so...
Forum: Dell Computers April 1st 07, 07:13 AM Posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Replies: 18
Posted By [email protected]
Installing Vista Business today........

I'm going to take the plunge and install my nice, shiny copy of Vista
Business this afternoon.

As the man in the tent once said as he stepped outside: "I may be gone
some time"...........
Showing results 1 to 25 of 50